New
Find
Notify
Tools

Life explained! Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
On the first day, God created the dog and said, "Sit all day by the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. For this, I will give you a life span of twenty years."

The dog said, "That's a long time to be barking. How about only ten years and I'll give you back the other ten?"

And God saw it was good.

On the second day, God created the monkey and said, "Entertain people, do tricks, and make them laugh. For this, I'll give you a twenty-year life span."

The monkey said, "Monkey tricks for twenty years? That's a pretty long time to perform. How about I give you back ten like the dog did?"

And God, again saw it was good.

On the third day, God created the cow and said, "You must go into the field with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have calves and give milk to support the farmer's family. For this, I will give you a life span of sixty years."

The cow said, "That's kind of a tough life you want me to live for sixty years. How about twenty and I'll give back the other forty?"

And God agreed it was good.

On the fourth day, God created humans and said, "Eat, sleep, play, marry and enjoy your life. For this, I'll give you twenty years."

But the human said, "Only twenty years? Could you possibly give me my twenty, the forty the cow gave back, the ten the monkey gave back, and the ten the dog gave back; that makes eighty, okay?"

"Okay," said God, "You asked for it."

So that is why for our first twenty years, we eat, sleep, play and enjoy ourselves. For the next forty years, we slave in the sun to support our family. For the next ten years, we do monkey tricks to entertain the grandchildren. And for the last ten years, we sit on the front porch and bark at everyone.

Life has now been explained to you.

~~~~~~~~~~

I think about this every mid summer when the farm keeps me real busy!

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good one Cool

There is nothing as permanent as a good temporary repair.

Posts: 265 | Location: south texas | Registered: 30 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Then the lord made politicians and said I will give you 4 years. And the idiots said that is not enough and kept voting for them and we ended up with a bunch of assholes controlling the idiots as well as the GOOD PEOPLE of this country!

NO LIE------JUST FACT!!!

Hip

Posts: 1794 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hipshoot:
Then the lord made politicians and said I will give you 4 years. And the idiots said that is not enough and kept voting for them and we ended up with a bunch of assholes controlling the idiots as well as the GOOD PEOPLE of this country!

NO LIE------JUST FACT!!!

Hip

Ain't that the truth!

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Lester Brooks
posted Hide Post
I have used up the 80 yrs , but what am I supposed to do with the next 7 yrs?

I guess that could be answered by reading things on the PC, copy negatives (from 70 yrs ago of things that I have done required in the first post) of this post. Using Kodak mini copy only tool, takes 2 second to change over to digital to view on the PC.

I have tried to put info on DCD's of how some of us made a good living to feed the family.

Posts: 89 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 December 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
For many years I took pictures of my metal jobs thinking it would help on a resume or just for advertising purposes but after being in business for 40 years for myself I really don't care any more. I'm pretty much retired. I still have a shop full of equipment that was paid for decades ago so I can do a job if I want to. The beauty now is that I don't have to deal with the "no pay" customers. That in itself is a stress relief as being in the trades for all those years, it was all credit + we had to work that way or not get the jobs; so every month was a roll of the dice about getting paid. As an old man I worked for years ago made the sage comment, "They all pay until they don't".

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I am very sorry to inform you all that is NOT true.

Have you heard of EVOLUTION?

You do, now I will tell you how it all started.

God created earth.

One large piece of rock.

He thought for a second - that is 100 million of our years, by the way.

He decided to add mountains.

Another second.

Oceans.

Another second.

What is missing?

Took Him about 10 seconds to realize he needed some LIFE!

Insects.

Another second.

Birds.

Another second.

Fish.

Another second.

This went on for quite a while.

With more creatures, big and small, being created.

Then He took a break to think again.

Non of the creatures could TALK!

Next came WOMAN!

And as soon as he gave her life, she started blubbering non stop, as we all know.

He even got annoyed!

He shuts her up, puts he in the store room.

Back to the drawing board.

He creates MAN.

As soon as he gave him life, man said “where am I”

God answered “you are MAN. And this is YOUR world!”

Ever since we have been talking about MAN’s civilization, MAN’s evolution, MAN’s world.

A few months later God comes and asks man how he was doing.

He said he has no one to talk to.

So God gets WOMSN out of the store, and gives her to MAN.

Saying “This WOMAN! And she is for you PLEASURE!”

The above is the true story of life! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66765 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo clap rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, y'all need us to keep you in line and hand you a sandwich once in awhile. I reckon you married a good one and she is worth her weight in gold and camels!

~Ann

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I fondly recall a Lady that I dated in the early 70s once who made the statement, "Equal rights with men!!? Why the hell should we downgrade ourselves!?"

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And another thing. Learn tolerance. You will never get all of the corn silk or all of the pin feathers...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14332 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote