Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coming off Covid-19 Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
I know several of you have had covid. I'm just coming off my turn in the barrel. Boy, did it hit me hard. Ultimately developed into covid-pneumonia. Lot's of meds and oxygen therapy.

72 years old. Chronic asthma as a kid until about 15. Asthma went away, returned for a few years in my 40's, then went away again. Otherwise healthy with none of the other issues. And vaccinated.

Hit me hard. Effects lasted for about 5 weeks. Still not 100% but on the mend.

Serious stuff.

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
And vaccinated

Vaccination has been seriously over sold.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1577 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is because it is not really a vaccine. It is an immune system modifier/activator. Similar to what is used to treat cancer patients. If the virus mutates beyond the scope of your jab, then you still get pretty sick.

quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams1:
quote:
And vaccinated

Vaccination has been seriously over sold.

Grizz

Posts: 3652 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
All vaccines are immune system modifiers. And as a doctor who has had immunotherapy for Lymphoma, I can assure it is not related to such treatments. The vaccine doesn’t necessarily prevent you getting COVID but it does a great job of preventing you from getting hospitalized or dying.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Thanks for mentioning that. My doctor told me that the vaxine in 93% effective, thus 7 out of 100 can get it. I've had my shots + booster but I still wear my masl in public.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
jdollar

Thank you for doing your part to stop this thread from wandering off into The Land Of BS.

Posts: 13760 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
All vaccines are immune system modifiers. And as a doctor who has had immunotherapy for Lymphoma, I can assure it is not related to such treatments. The vaccine doesn’t necessarily prevent you getting COVID but it does a great job of preventing you from getting hospitalized or dying.

Thank you!

My wife got Covid and was fully vaccinated. However, her symptoms were mild and I’m sure that due to the vaccine, she recovered quicker. I went and got the booster.

Posts: 2638 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:

My understanding of the mRNA vax is that is gets your body to produce a very specific antibody that matches a very specific spike protein profile - the one that attaches to the ACE-2. Whereas a natural reaction to Covid produces a wider variation of anti-bodies due to the variation in the profiles of the spike proteins found in real Covid particles. There are studies that seem to confirm these differences and that a post-Covid immunity is equal to it greater than a vax.

This is not to suggest that people have Covid Parties to get everyone sick to get the natural reaction, only that it seems those who have already had Covid (like my kid) are considered non-vaxxed when it comes to public policy. This seems quite counter to logic and the way we have understood a post-infection immunity. Switzerland provides Covid passports for those who are either vaxxed or can proved prior infection.

It seems we want to just use a big hammer to swing at this thing and I think the lack of nuance is what causes vax hesitation. I also think the CDC (or was it the NIH?) changing the definition of vax (versus re-casting the vax itself) did a major disservice to peoples trust in the system.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
jdollar

Thank you for doing your part to stop this thread from wandering off into The Land Of BS.

Kensco, too late Norman has already "Screwed the Pooch" so to speak.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ed, it must really suck going through life for you + your family + friends (if you have any) just you being you, an insignificant internet troll with no items of intellectual discourse to discuss; only picking out someone at random to vent your vitriolic diatribes.I would pity you if I weren't so damned disgusted with your infantile behavior.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't waste your "valuable" time fartin' with me. You've got 50 or 60 threads to enlighten with your great wisdom. Try not to fall behind in your post count. And... while we're at it, GFY.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
TWL, glad you made it out of the tunnel. I am fully vaxxed and boostered with Moderna's Mrna vaccine. Three of the five of us at the shooting range where I work part-time were down with Covid starting in late October. Two of them were vax doubters and the third -- still ill -- was fully vaxxed, but has severe comorbidities. I believe he would have died without the vaccine.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Bill glad you are better.

Not sure if you saw this link on the other thread. Something to just keep in mind if you experience any heart issues From American Heart Association

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, glad you are better.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ed, your ending comment should be apperent as to your vicious but unjustified attitude for attacking someone that you don't even know. It makes you look like one of those characters on TV murder mysteries that have had their minds "gone south". As to the 'wisdom' theme, I have an IQ of 169; no brag, just fact. I only share items of what I think would be of interest. I wish for your sake that you could get control on your anger management issues. It really does not to be displayed here on AR, or any public forum.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I am sorry for miscommunicating. I was one of the two vaxxed staff who did not contract Covid and managed to keep the range open on weekends.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Not here to argue but I have several fully "vaxxed" friends who have gotten covid and have been very, very sick. Hospitalized sick. Most of the people I know who were not "vaxxed" who did contract covid while sick, were not such they required hospitalization.

Sadly, some of my "vaxxed" friends have very serious side effects which began right after the shots and do not look like such effects will go away.

Sure seems like you are damned if you do- or not. I count my blessings daily that I do not have to be around people anymore. Retirement has its benefits.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have two cousins, and the husband of one of them that caught Covid and died. Two were anti vaxers. Not sure on the other one. That one had serious med issues, cancer, before getting Covid. The others no med issues. Ages, 58, 65, and 66. Serious stuff.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2628 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, I'm glad to hear it. I had 2 of my customers get it in the early spring of 2020 + their tales of how bad it was made you a believer. Although I quit smoking cigarettes 11 years ago, I did smoke for many years + I know that would make me a non-recovering candidate.

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I've spoken to my doctor about the situation and asked the treatment regimen now that we are close to two years into this situation. It's all about the monoclonal antibodies out here. I am good with that.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Every doctor I know is fully vaccinated. This is across cities, states, countries and continents. Tells me everything I need to know about covid and vaccinations.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote