One of Us
posted Hide Post
Per gallon? About $1.8.

Per litre in the world:

http://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
$2.159 here in this little tourist town.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
1.93 cash 1.99 credit

Posts: 1284 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Depends on which state you are in. Florida has a higher state tax than Georgia for instance. I just paid $1.99 at BJ's in Jacksonville FL, but paid $1.86 in Georgia a couple of weeks ago.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just returned from a bird hunting trip to Kansas. Cheapest gas we saw and bought was $1.65/gal in Tulsa.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
It is running anywhere from 1.69 to 1.99 per gal. for regular unleaded in this area.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
2 days ago it was $1.99 in Illinois and $1.78 in St Louis. Today I saw it had jumped back up to $2.19 in Ill again.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7756 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MeMe
posted Hide Post
Regular $2.49
Diesel $2.99
State added on a 10¢/gal "surcharge" to fuel Jan 1st. We do not tax people, we surcharge them.

Posts: 360 | Location: California | Registered: 14 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Costco is about $2.70 or thereabouts. Diesel is another matter, we're still paying way too much.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14331 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
$1.99 for unleaded at Happy Valley, Oregon Costco.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Adding a new gas tax or surcharge is just a classic rip-off of the average citizen simply because the price of gas (oil) has fallen. No other reason, no "need", just an "opportunity" by State tax authorities.

The average citizen should be able to enjoy lower gas prices. They won't last for ever. On the other hand, my guess is that any new gas tax or surcharge once in place will likely not be repealed, ever. Or State tax authorities will add 10 cents now then later when they think we've forgotten they'll repeal 5 cents and make a big deal of it politically. I get tired of politicians thinking we are as stupid as they are.

Posts: 13760 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Adding a new gas tax or surcharge is just a classic rip-off of the average citizen simply because the price of gas (oil) has fallen. No other reason, no "need", just an "opportunity" by State tax authorities.

Well, that depends on how it is to be used. Texas, for example, is horribly behind on road construction and maintenance. I would support a gas tax if the funds were only to be used for highway building and maintenance.

Federally, at least a gas tax gets some money from almost everybody. Instead, Obama wants the top tax payers to pay more for the various "benefits" he thinks the "poor" middle class needs.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
$1.69

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
$1.569 for unleaded at Sam's Club, more elsewhere. Diesel is still at least a buck more than unleaded, but creeping down ever so slowly.

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
I barged in 1000 gals last Sept at $7.20 a gal. Hopefully it goes down few pennies in 2015. Diesel was $7.50,used about 3000 gals of that last year,still am!

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1407 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by waterrat:

t at $7.20 a gal.

But why? Alaska is oil production state!

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
But why? Alaska is oil production state

You missed the "barged in". Crude oil doesn't burn that well. Still needs to be transported to the refinery. The transport from the refinery to station kills you adding a nice sized truck or barge transport cost. Nothing is close in Alaska. Wink

Prices in Anchorage are in the $2.50 range per the net. Go to the cities that are water access only and your are at $3.50.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't think an additional tax is required to renew our infrastructure. My guess is that we still waste a ton of money on foreign aid that we need to redirect to our own needs; whether it's highways and bridges, or other pressing needs.

I don't trust our politician to do anything other than waste any new taxes on pork-barrel projects, partisan politics, or special interest PACs. If it comes to that, let them waste money already being wasted.

If an additional gas tax has an iron-clad expiration, say when the price of gas hits $3.00, then I might be interested. Without that, I don't need their hand in my pocket, again.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't think an additional tax is required to renew our infrastructure. My guess is that we still waste a ton of money on foreign aid that we need to redirect to our own needs; whether it's highways and bridges, or other pressing needs.

I suggest you quit guessing and read this, for starters...

Texas DOT

The total US foreign aid budget (less than $50 Billion 2013) is less than 1/3 of what is needed to improve and maintain our highway system on a state and federal level, while current fuel taxes pay about 1/2 of costs.

Noticed any traffic problems lately? Wonder why they seem to get worse? Between 1980 and 2011, miles of roads in Texas increased 17%, the number of vehicles increased 87%.....still don't think we need new and repaired infrastructure?

xxxxxxxxxx

one of us
posted Hide Post
Why don't we just give you the money. You got all the answers.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Would you like my address? Wink

I don't have any "answers" but I am certain that blaming our crumbling infrastructure on foreign aid ain't one.

If we want to go forward as a nation, a quality infrastructure on every level of government is essential and somebody has to pay for it, somehow. I'd prefer it would be everybody, not just Obama's "rich".

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dropping almost daily. 1.79 cash 1.89 credit.

one of us
posted Hide Post
$2.63 a week ago here in western ny. Up to $2.65 yesterday.

Posts: 45 | Location: W.N.Y. | Registered: 17 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just seen 1.81 credit. Dropping fast.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a VW TDI. Yesterday I got 47.3 MPG.

Cats have nine lives. Which makes them ideal for experimentation...

Posts: 947 | Location: NYB | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tomball Texas right now $1.58 per gallon.....

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't watch "gas" prices.

I am however paying $2.489/gal for diesel.

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
$1.30/liter.

Posts: 1572 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's going back up! Ove $2.00 now.

All this talk about adding a tax to pay for infrastrucure makes me wonder....... How did we pay for the infrastructure before? With more drivers paying more taxes the money should be there to handle it. Think maybe the gov't just ain't using the money wisely? I ain't really ready to give 'em anymore the way they are throwing what they already take from me away........

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Was down to 99 cents [Aust dollars]for gas [petrol] now back up to $1.35 cents per Litre

Posts: 625 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
Filled up yesterday in Pennsylvania. Paid $2.59 per gal. for regular.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2286 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Dane
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1102 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 15 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Well my son who works the oil fields is out of work. It will pick up again in the next 6 months.In the interem
who is paying for this?

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Anyone remember the "gas wars" in the early 60's? I remember 2 stations across from each other going .16-.18 cents per gal. et/al. Of course they were American owned businesses at that time.Draw your own results.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Tonight its $6.71 in Dillingham AK.

Rumor has it it'll be half that when the first fuel barge hits town in late April 2015.

Posts: 9022 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What ever two taco supremes cost at Taco Bell.

Dutch

one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
I can remember my old man pulling into a discount gas station in 1964, and asking for "2 dollars worth" and then complaining to the attendant if he overfilled the tank and spilled some on the ground.. I think it was around 30 cents/gal then..

I think I paid $2.21 or 2.23 this morning

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1957 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yesterday 208.9 in Huntington West Virginia and 259.9 in Warren PA.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote