THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    RC plane aerobatics This is unbelievable stuff.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RC plane aerobatics This is unbelievable stuff. Login/Join 
One of Us
posted

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well referring to a previous post, if anyone had a doubt as to the value of AI/remotely piloted air combat vehicles that demo pretty much settled it.

Posts: 3664 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Well that's nice but here's what is currently available in a manned aircraft, one of our Lockheed/Boeing F-22 Raptor doing a low speed flight demo.

Take away the human and the structure can safely take higher G-loads of course.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CCb_XbmB_iE

This is fairly old but here's our Boeing Phantom Ray. Unfortunately I can't find any later videos of it in the public domain that show it flying But this and follow on programs have very high maneuvering capabilities.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QeKNhyhROm8

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2790 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
The maneuvering abilities of an RC (read unmanned) aircraft are spectacular. But let's not confuse maneuvering with real world Air to Air combat operations today.

True, the ability to dog fight is important, but in a real world scenario, it's a last resort. And I mean a VERY LAST resort. The second you decide to turn with an opponent is the second you enter the highest stakes poker game of your life. If you are worth your salt in a fighter, you should have a pretty good idea of trailing bogey's, but there is no guarantee your opponent doesn't have a couple of buddies that you didn't pick up on radar prior to the engagement. Turning into a fight exposes you to taking one up the tailpipe.

The idea is to radar sort the bandits coming into the merge, get off face shots at stand off distance, then blow through the merge supersonic and extend. Never turn with the opponent unless forced to.

But yep, those RC planes are very cool. I was into building and flying them most of the time I was flying fighters on active duty. Even built a couple of jets. Crashed my share of them too! OUCH!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If that copter was real, the cockpit would be covered in puke. Amazing work of the controller.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is really inredible stufff and done to music. A real Wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRer5GdGneo