THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Property Values Up Less Than I expected in 2021

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Property Values Up Less Than I expected in 2021 Login/Join 
one of us
posted
I got appraisals for 2021 in the mail today. Up an average of 5%. I thought the bump would be bigger. I will still protest.

Posts: 13773 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I have already mailed my protest certified. They claim that my 5 acres in Williamson Co. went up in value 40K in one year. This is the 1st year though that they have not listed the amount that they will be charging. Also, this makes 2 years in a row that they have not granted my over 65 exemption. That in itself is worth the protest.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
You guys do not live far enough away from 'town'.

~Ann

Posts: 19150 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann, I damned sure did when I bought the place in the early 70s for $750.00 an acre; a bit pricey for then but its on the highest ridge with a view of the valley that goes for miles. We had no phone service or electric for a few years + no water. I hauled water in 55 gal drums to fill a tower that I built to hold 4 drums w/ gravity feed. 4 drums lasted a week. One is frugal when water is hard to come by. At that time we had one lane blackop roads; if someone was coming from the other way (a rarity) one just pulled over + let the other one pass. General politness. Now the city dwellers are moving out into what was once unspoiled country living + bringing their ways with them, including expecting us to finance their kids education.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ken:

I mentioned this in another post. I bought a rental a year back. I just found out that my property taxes have increased $708.00 for this year.

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Ann, I damned sure did when I bought the place in the early 70s for $750.00 an acre; a bit pricey for then but its on the highest ridge with a view of the valley that goes for miles. We had no phone service or electric for a few years + no water. I hauled water in 55 gal drums to fill a tower that I built to hold 4 drums w/ gravity feed. 4 drums lasted a week. One is frugal when water is hard to come by. At that time we had one lane blackop roads; if someone was coming from the other way (a rarity) one just pulled over + let the other one pass. General politness. Now the city dwellers are moving out into what was once unspoiled country living + bringing their ways with them, including expecting us to finance their kids education.

Damn sad but I think it is going to get worse.

~Ann

Posts: 19150 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately you are right. My dughter in law went in 5 years ago to protest the taxes on my sons property + I wish she had had a tape recorder in her purse (a fat lot of good it would have done) the appraisal guy flat out told her that we are raising property taxes to get "PEOPLE LIKE YOU" out of here so we can turn this into a new Lakeway with a higher tax base.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know if all the states are the same but here in Missouri they jack things up every two years. This is one of those years. I expect papers anytime now too. Lotta welfare people and politicians depend on it.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't get me started on welfare recipients + their "entitlements"! Politicians goes without saying.