Want to brush up on your mig welding?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3611043/m/4441084162

30 August 2020, 00:45
custombolt
Want to brush up on your mig welding?
For rookies like me.

HELPmig

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.
30 August 2020, 05:04
lee440
Looked like a Mig tutorial?

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.
30 August 2020, 06:29
dpcd
Not actually relevant to TIG welding. MIG is different in most every detail. Come over and we can do some of both.
30 August 2020, 07:20
Grizzly Adams1
tu2

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell
30 August 2020, 19:59
custombolt
You're correct lee440.

I know he used a mig process. I was a little confused when I checked out these units on their website. Some were mig only, some were Tig and some were a mig/tig/stick combo. So I incorrectly changed the title to tig. Call it a senior brain fart. Thanks for the offer dpcd. I'll go change the title.

30 August 2020, 21:09
custombolt
Warning: I went to buy an Everlast POWER I-MIG/stick 230I to replace my Lincoln Electric MIG unit. Same company as the one in the vid. I like the digital settings on this particular mig/Arc-stick unit. Beware. Due diligence proved that warranty service is a joke (China built) and some units arrived DOA. Many got a good one. But, at $1200-ish, not worth a roll of the dice to me.

30 August 2020, 23:58
nopride2
Looked like he was creating a bit of art with the sample plate.

Dave
31 August 2020, 09:21
NormanConquest
Along with my other equipment I have/had a Snap-On mig machine + a plasma cutter; I also have a 41-year-old son that decided it would be easier for him to use them if he took them to his own shop. It never ends.

Never mistake motion for action.
31 August 2020, 23:01
custombolt
Did a 180 on the Everlast. 230I. James Anderson uses a TIG made by Evererlast as noted in my other thread which is dedicated to Everlast wire feeders.

So, anyone else get any good information from that video? Thought it was great.

31 August 2020, 23:06
custombolt
Thanks for the invite. Damned if I can remember which state I sent those Brno mounts to for you to trim for me. Which state are you in again OR were you talking to someone else??

quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Not actually relevant to TIG welding. MIG is different in most every detail. Come over and we can do some of both.