New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just over Covid Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
everyone said 5 days and they were right. Worse part was the sore throat.

Got a script for the PAX but haven't taken it yet.
Side effects are vomiting (my throat is already on fire) AND COVID.

Posts: 6384 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"Razor blade sore throat", yep, had it a few months ago. Never experienced anything like that. Glad you are on-the-mend. Our doc recommended against Pax due to severe adverse events. He Rx'd another similar drug. 5 - day course, nasty tasting capsules. I couldn't tell it did any good.

Posts: 3672 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I tested positive late June. The symptoms were almost zero. Had a mild sore throat for half day, that’s it. Interesting that the symptoms vary so much from person to person.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Interesting that the symptoms vary so much from person to person.

Indeed, I had Covid about a month and s half ago, runny nose and very slight cough for 4 days. One of my same-age-friends contracted Covid about the same time and spent 4 weeks in hospital, damn near died. Weird who and how it affects. Visited with him today and he still isn’t “right”.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2743 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
I brought it home from work and gave it to the other four under my roof in June.

Fever! Big time. 105 temp a couple times. Used the prescribed anti viral pills and here in October, Tabasco has nofire.

Posts: 9087 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now THAT'S a pity. The finest seasoning known to man has been laid low + inept due to Chinese shenanigans. I am floored! O.K., humorous comments aside (but that was very true), this is really scary business, + I, for one, think that this was done on purpose. I know many who have died, + currently my grandson was just enrolling on an athletic scholarship, but due to covid, he may have heart issues. Health is paramount, but losing his college education as well was a kick in the teeth. All because of China's game plan. I worry about the fact that they have bought up so much acreage here in America that I can foresee them letting THEIR grain fields lay fallow, thus further screwing Americans. Well, the bozos in Washington are the cause.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote