THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    What do you own a ridiculous amount of?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you own a ridiculous amount of? Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted
Bullets. Yep Can’t have to many of those.
Computer cables

Posts: 1066 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oddly enough, nails. As in loose nails. I have hundreds of pounds of them around.
I use air nailers or cordless now. I might use a couple handful of loose nails a year.
With screws being used more and more, they may soon become antiques!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
With screws being used more and more, they may soon become antiques!

Yes I haven't pounded a nail in a long time.

I use screws all the time.

Posts: 19313 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
knowledge and humility

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Vehicles. What with commuter cars, hunting trucks, and all the kids' cars/trucks, it's like a used car lot around this joint. Big Grin

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Nails got me thinking. I'm a hoarder of hardware. one of those homemade jobs with jar lid screwed to a board. hinges, nails, screws, nuts, bolts.

Posts: 6361 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guns and ammo

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1094 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You must be a farmer richj! Wink

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I wish I had a good answer for this but honestly, I don't have such riches to brag about. I regularly cull the 'herd' around here for the sake of storage space. That said, I am often wishing I HAD more of some things: Like land, money, guns, tools, bacon, etc....

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
I wish I had a good answer for this but honestly, I don't have such riches to brag about. I regularly cull the 'herd' around here for the sake of storage space. That said, I am often wishing I HAD more of some things: Like land, money, guns, tools, bacon, etc....

But no lack of memories. The most important asset.

Jim & Joyce

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7572 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
MEMORIES!!

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7572 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I, too, have a lot of bullets. We are moving soon to a new home and I’ve been packing my reloading room, being a curious sort I decided to weigh bullets by caliber. I had 127 lbs of .474 and .505 bullets. Total weight of all calibers over 400 lbs! Some might think that is too many, not me.
Lots of memories, too, and I hope to add to the memories.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2723 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Reloading chit is a dime a dozen here. I am thinking my dear wife of 37 years.

Posts: 1572 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vise Grips

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunting trophies...still have crates I haven't even opened.

Posts: 20075 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Busted stuff that I'd thought I'd fix. Three Briggs and Stratton #6 motors, one of which has a stuck exhaust valve and none of which has an unrusted gas tank.
Too many somnolent computers, that might still harbor good parts (or might not). Nuts and bolts in coffee cans, sometimes the right size.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14331 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
About 15 years ago, my buddy who worked for me before he died was an electronic whiz. When he passed his office was FULL of electronic components, A ton of parts from Radio Shack still in the pkg. w/ the price tag. It was enough to fill the bed of my pick-up. !st I called Habitat For Humanities to see if they were interested. They said, just bring it by + we'll look at it + see if we're interested. EXCUSE ME? NO! Get off your dead ass + come look at it here! Of course they wouldn't do that; it requires work. So I loaded up the bed of my truck + took it to Goodwill, they wouldn't take it either. This was before I to on the internet as now I'm sure I could find someone interested in all that HAM radio + electronics stuff, but after those 2 attempts I just threw everything in the dumpster. A pity really as I KNOW that someone out there would have been glad to take possession.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thinking back on it, it must have been closer to 20 years ago when Dave passed. He was a hoarder. He filled up the attic of the shop with old broken TV sets,etc. + his property next door was an appliance graveyard. He said, I'm keeping all this for parts. C'mon, we haven't used tube TVs in years + all these crapped appliances are just an eyesore+ rattlesnake haven. When he died it took us months to haul off all his stuff. In his house was enough Ezra Brooks Whiskey bottles that it took 3 dumpster loads to haul them off.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have about a $100,000 concert poster collection.

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bourbon. I have an excessive amount of bourbon.

Posts: 83 | Location: Stephenville, TX & Hamilton, MT | Registered: 15 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
colin, I've got quite a collection myself as I am a member of the South Austin Museum that has all of the original posters from the hey-day of the Armadillo World Headquarters. also one of my friends + fellow member was involved in cleaning out the old Skyline bar on north lamar several years ago when they shut down. He had boxes of canceled checks from the performers (signed on the back) from Hank Williams,Johnny Horton, + just about every C+W music star that played there between 1950 + approx. 1995. Those have to be worth some money. Artley has been around Austin for quite some time. Actually he was at U.T when Charlie Whitman did his killing spree + even went under fire to help drag people to cover. They recently made a documentary about that day + he is one of the speakers in it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am helping the son of a friend who passed away clean out the place.

I took to the salvage yard 270lbs of nails and bolts ect that were stored in coffee cans.

We filled two 20 yard dumpsters so far.

We tried selling some stuff very little luck.

The only thing they didn't have a lot of was guns and ammo.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Those have to be worth some money.

Just don't try selling them at a pawn shop.

One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post
quote:
I took to the salvage yard 270lbs of nails and bolts ect that were stored in coffee cans.

Don't tell theback40

Posts: 1066 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Empty shell casings.

I might reload .308 again. I might reload 25-06 again. I will reload more 300 WSM and .41 Mag. I'm never going to reload 375 H&H, but I can't bring myself to throw them out.

Posts: 13760 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ken, I can relate to that. I have more brass than Carter has liver pills. Years ago when my boys were little, a bunch of us were using my range in the valley + didn't want to take the time to police the brass then. So I asked my 4 year old to go pick up the brass the next day + I would pay him a penny apiece. He came up a couple of hours later grinning + had a dbl. handful of 22 LR brass. Of course I paid him but made a mental note to be more specific in the future.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Too much lead ingots and raw wheel weights. I’m too old to even pick up the crates they are in now!

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 934 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a good thing to have a lot of. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's a good thing to have a lot of.

Agreed! Even if it takes three shipments to finally get a couple of lead ingots! rotflmo clap

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nvmichael:
quote:

Don't tell theback40

I hauled another 470lbs of scrap mostly nuts and bolts from the garage.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Norman, That .22 hulls story struck a nerve.

I had a small garden many years ago. I let my three-year-old help me harvest some tomatoes and banana peppers one evening for dinner. Next day when I got home, my wife told me I better go look at my garden. My son had harvested everything from the size of your little fingernail on up.

My bad! Being more specific certainly would have helped.

Posts: 13760 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ken, right, + you can't punish or berate them (not if you're any decent person), they really thought they were helping. We were the adults (?) Not being specific is our fault.
Vaughn, point taken. I'm glad that I had enough to keep sending you some when the P.O. kept screwing up + SOMEONE was stealing the lead. Even though all those boxes were insured, did you ever get anything back from the USPS? I doubt it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got absolutely nothing back from USPS. I really think that some corrupt dimwit thought that those ingots were silver bars! rotflmo Sure hoped that they licked their fingers each and every time that they played with their 'fortune'! clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
INDEED! You remember my friend + the fishhook story? Big Grin BTW, if you need more sheet lead, I still have a bunch. Best, Randy.

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
At one point I had over 400 pocket knives. In 2019-2020 I sold about 160 of them.

Posts: 6361 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tell me about it! I bought a bunch of them! rotflmo clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got a slew of knives as well. Seems that when the kids can't think of anything else to get me, they buy another pocketnife. I only carry my old Buck automatic + even though a friend bought me a Randle sheath knife w/ my name engraved on it, I still carry my old Puma White Hunter when hunting.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have more rifles than I'll ever actually use. Certainly more than I'll ever take to Africa. I have more taxidermy than I have a place to hang. I have more homes than I can live in and I have more vehicles than I can drive at the same time. This post was humbling and thought provoking.

I think a lot of stuff is about to be on the market.

Posts: 9951 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It will probably feel refreshing to get rid of a lot of redundant stuff.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Imagination!

I have a problem of seeing things in things around me people don't.

Until I show them!

A friend's wife keep saying "I cannot even imagine what he imagines and does not tell us about!" clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66756 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote