THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Gas At $2.50. That's A Positive Sign.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gas At $2.50. That's A Positive Sign. Login/Join 
one of us
posted
Once you see demand for oil increase (due to rising economic activity worldwide) and a corresponding price rise, that is an indicator of better economic news on the horizon......if we don't screw it up.

I can live with the economic impact on my own wallet if the economy comes back to life.

Posts: 13771 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post
I just paid $3.60.
I’ll try not to screw it up. Wink

Posts: 1070 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The increase gas prices here are due to a wrong approach by the Biden administration.

Not due to better economics around the world

Posts: 19354 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MeMe
posted Hide Post
Nothing under $4.00 in my town. Diesel just went up 10 cents from yesterday.

Posts: 360 | Location: California | Registered: 14 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
The increase gas prices here are due to a wrong approach by the Biden administration.

Exactly!

Our economy was really booming a year ago and oils was down, as well as gas......

Posts: 41766 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
And that affects EVERYTHING else that we purchase. My steel bill increased by 30% in one month. That has to be passed on to the customer until they can't afford it any more + then where are we?

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Someone really has a short memory. Fuel prices were well down throughout the last administration and the economy was up, up, up until covid.

~Ann

Posts: 19147 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
meh,, when everyone is making 15$ an hour they won't care.

you know high oil prices will just open the wallets of the oil companies and they stand some rigs up.
joe can squawk about fracking all he wants, but all he can do is not lease any more ground.

the ground that's already leased or is on private land will get drilled and fracked and producing, he can't stop any of that.

Posts: 4969 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

FINALLY! i agree with something you posted. in spades!

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
And that affects EVERYTHING else that we purchase. My steel bill increased by 30% in one month. That has to be passed on to the customer until they can't afford it any more + then where are we?

my son told me yesterday that siding (home construction) was $8 a sheet a year ago. its now $37 a sheet. contractors used to guarantee their material prices for 3 months. now its for one week.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Costco this morning $3.36 for 87 octane.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14362 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
John, when I called the metal supplier to get a quote on sheet copper to bid on a job, they told me they would give me a price when they were loading the truck. It kinda hard to bid on a job that way but there you have it. Bid it so high that you can't lose your ass + no one will buy. Thanks for your economic help, Biden. thumbdown

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The economy was great last year, if you were looking in your rear view mirror. If you were looking out the front window, the plane was obviously flying straight at the ground. https://tradingeconomics.com/u...es/unemployment-rate Trump and his propagandists misplayed the Covid crisis and unemployment in one month went from 4.4% to 14.8%.

From April 3, 2020. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAh4uS4f78o

Posts: 13771 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
Costco this morning $3.36 for 87 octane.

VALERO today...$2.59
SAMS yesterday.... $2.39
10 days ago....$1.88

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
The economy was great last year, if you were looking in your rear view mirror. If you were looking out the front window, the plane was obviously flying straight at the ground. https://tradingeconomics.com/u...es/unemployment-rate Trump and his propagandists misplayed the Covid crisis and unemployment in one month went from 4.4% to 14.8%.

I'd like to try some of that stuff you're smoking but it's not legal here in Texas yet.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:

I'd like to try some of that stuff you're smoking but it's not legal here in Texas yet.

If you're wondering where inflation went, you can find it real easy when you go to buy a retirement stream of income. Or a pound of hamburger.

If you're wondering about debt repayment, join the club. Even at stupidly low interest rates, neither a borrower nor a lender be.

Much of last term's employment was in businesses that don't make enough money to pay historical interest rates on their loans.

We are riding around with a case of dynamite under the front seat...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14362 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
The Iranian backed Houthi drone and missle attacks on Saudi oil infrastructure and supporting residential areas has had the biggest impact recently.
What Slow Joe the draft dodging warhawk has planned is anybody's guess. Maybe he can channel Red Adair...

Encouraged? Not me.

Posts: 2926 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I just love it when people from CA complain about high gas prices. They are the ones who elected the Dem idiots in Sacramento who tax the living shit out of every gallon. Gas is cheaper in Hawaii than CA and they have no oils fields and have to pay high fees to import every gallon. Think about that......

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13137 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
I just love it when people from CA complain about high gas prices. They are the ones who elected the Dem idiots in Sacramento who tax the living shit out of every gallon. Gas is cheaper in Hawaii than CA and they have no oils fields and have to pay high fees to import every gallon. Think about that......

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:

Correct answer to the California issues, and there are many.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
average will be $4 by memorial day, as per Biden and Russian exports

Posts: 6380 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richj:
average will be $4 by memorial day, as per Biden and Russian exports

I am glad I don't have to commute daily for a job anymore. Wait until you see what high fuel prices do to food. Damn sad.

~Ann

Posts: 19147 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are so right, Ann. Everything we have comes by truck + groceries is high on the list of priorities. My steel prices have already increased 30%, who knows what next month will bring. Everyone has to eat but not everyone needs new construction + in my case commercial ventilation systems. So what happens when no one can afford to buy the end products because the raw supplies can not be affordable? The economy tanks. Thanks Joe.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
You are so right, Ann. Everything we have comes by truck + groceries is high on the list of priorities. My steel prices have already increased 30%, who knows what next month will bring. Everyone has to eat but not everyone needs new construction + in my case commercial ventilation systems. So what happens when no one can afford to buy the end products because the raw supplies can not be affordable? The economy tanks. Thanks Joe.

And 'thanks' to people like Kensco who think spending more is such a good thing. Unbelievable. nilly

Well, while we are being inundated by thousands of zero skills and destitute illegals I see that the local supermarkets are replacing cashiers with self service robots. That will add to the dimension of businesses to die out because no one can afford the products. So much of food production is now mechanized to eliminate the need for cheap labor.

I try to barter and you know I produce most of my own edibles. It amazes me in such 'modern times' we are actually sliding backwards pretty rapidly.

Fuel is $2.70 a gallon for budget gasoline in my area as of yesterday when I went on a supply run. Easily over a dollar a gallon more than last summer. Was almost forty dollars to fill up my van.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I NEVER use those self checkout lanes as I feel that is stealing someones job. As only one person it might not make a difference but if more folks felt that way it would.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I NEVER use those self checkout lanes as I feel that is stealing someones job. As only one person it might not make a difference but if more folks felt that way it would.

i agree in principle but if there is 2 out of 10 cashier stations open and 25 people waiting in each line (being from austin u know damn well its true)i will use a self checkout station if i don't have a lot of stuff being that the more i have the greater chance i'll screw something up. plus, there are usually 1-3 employees standing by to assist the ones like me that are semi terrified of of those "robots". they are getting paid. in the distant past in west tx i have been known to leave a full basket of groceries in line and walk away when one cashier is chatting with the one next to her in spanish while swiping items as slowly as possible laughing at all the people in line. same thing at the drive thru at various fast food places. waiting 15-20 minutes in line to get a burger with 3 cars ahead of you and maybe 6 in the parking lot at 2 pm ain't happening. kids in the back seat would raise hell but i'd just drive to a near by 7-11 and get em sandwiches and sodas. there was a lotta bitchin and moaning they would save up till we got home and they found mom.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
in the distant past in west tx i have been known to leave a full basket of groceries in line and walk away when one cashier is chatting with the one next to her in spanish while swiping items as slowly as possible laughing at all the people in line. same thing at the drive thru at various fast food places.

Probably a lot more of that coming.

In my little town the Walmart took out all but four regular cashiers for robots. There is probably 30 robots there now and yet the four cashier lines are stacked with ten or more elderly couples trying to get their items scanned by someone else. You'll be there half the morning now doing it that way.

~Ann

one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
quote:

Right!!He had to pay off his big donor that wanted the keystone pipeline shut down..

Well to know who that is, you have to ask who would profit by it.. The railroads of course, to haul crude.. And who owns the railroads that would haul all that crude? Berkshire Hathaway. (Warren Buffet) who donated millions to sleepy Joe'e campaign.
I hope all the never trumpers got what they wanted..

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1958 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well around here, the robots are more courteous, faster, and don't make mistakes. Out here you would prefer them... most of the WalMarts out this way are ghetto-marts.

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1958 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
We watch oil prices closely here in New Mexico for clues to the state's economic future. But I agree with Ken that Permian Basin jobs started going away big time when Covid hit and while the Rump was president as demand plummeted.
Biden's green tilt will certainly affect the fossil fuels sector, and so would the confirmation of Deb Haaland (D-NM) as Interior secretary.
Interestingly, Texas leads the nation in wind energy production and is not far behind in solar:

https://www.kxan.com/weather/g...0Lone%20Star%20State.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16350 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
We watch oil prices closely here in New Mexico for clues to the state's economic future. But I agree with Ken that Permian Basin jobs started going away big time when Covid hit and while the Rump was president as demand plummeted.
Biden's green tilt will certainly affect the fossil fuels sector, and so would the confirmation of Deb Haaland (D-NM) as Interior secretary.
Interestingly, Texas leads the nation in wind energy production and is not far behind in solar:

https://www.kxan.com/weather/g...0Lone%20Star%20State.

I think Texas has learned that windmills and solar are not impervious to bad weather. No system is perfect. I certainly like the idea of 'green' energy but I believe it will be a long time yet before it is completely reliable.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
True that, but like everything else, the key to getting there is taking the 1st step.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You don't like the robots?????

Wait till the democrats pass their $15.00 minimum wage......that's a job killing son of a gun!

Posts: 41766 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post
I like the robots they're quick and easy. They never ask "How's Your Day Going?" god, I hate that question. And I'm a nice guy.

Filled my tank yesterday $3.78 = $64. Ouch!
Keeps climbing...

Posts: 1070 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I NEVER go to the self help check out lines in the grocery store. Those are just stealing somebody's job. I'm not in that big of a hurry.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
you just posted this on the 13th

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry if the redunency offended you John. I don't read past posts, only speaking my mind. Be Well. R.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
nope. didn't offend me at all. just giving you a "tongue in cheek" hard time.
speaking of hard times, and we all know they are gonna happen again, i had a guy out yesterday from austin that builds rainwater collection systems. HarvestedRainWaterSolutions. got dam they are expensive. had a long talk with the dragon and we decided to go for it. 29,000 gallon tank. he agreed to let my son do a lot of the prep work as he is so far backed up from the last recent storm he doesn't mind. when he was leaving i pulled out the check book and asked him how much of a deposit he wanted. he looked at me a minute then said nope, your handshake is a good enough deposit for me. and this ain't no fly by night company.told me when to expect the gutter guys to be here. might be up and running by july. also gonna put in a smallish propane generator as i can get a 300 gallon tank for free. be enough to run the water pump and a few appliances in the house. might have to sell off a grandkid or 2 to help pay for it all.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wise investment, John C.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
lordy i hope!