Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Foreign bonds, anyone? Login/Join 
one of us
posted
While reading an article on the dispute between Occidental Petroleum and Ecuador about Ecuador's taking of Oxy's oilfields in 2006, I found this litte tidbit to be interesting....(bold emphasis mine)

quote:
The government (of Ecuador), which defaulted on most of its foreign debt in 2008 and 2009, has said it intends to repay the notes when they reach maturity on Dec. 15. Paying off the debt would mark the first time the nation has repaid a bond in full in 180 years, Finance Minister Herrera said Wednesday at a congressional hearing in Quito.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
180 years? Why start now?

Posts: 1284 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Start as you mean to go on. Roll Eyes

Steve.

Posts: 54 | Location: North East Scotland | Registered: 26 July 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What about Israel???????????

one of us
posted Hide Post
Obviously in a different class than Ecuador.

Somewhat related, years ago, as a sideline I used to buy and sell jewelry and diamonds. In the US, diamond sales generally start on 47th St in NY, or on Hill St. in La. Again, generally speaking the industry in NY is mostly dominated by Hasidic Jews. In LA, at that time, it was anything goes, with a mix of anglos, Iranian (Shah supporters), some Oriental, and anyone else who had the cash to elbow up to the table. In NY, the only thing to discuss was price, if the seller told you a packet contained 100.55 carats of white russian melee 2-3 pointers, that is exactly what it contained. In LA, you had to inspect and weigh every packet, because not only might the weight be off a bit ("Oh, my scales must be off.") or there might be CZs or anything else in there. Different cultures, Jews made their word stand for something. Still do, unless they are Russian, then like the old saying goes, "Trust everyone, but cut the cards.", and then I'd check my hole card.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote