Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Covid 19 dumbass in the shop today Login/Join 
one of us
posted
I was busy inletting a LC Smith buttstock when one of our countermen came back to the shop and said a guy just came in and said he had 5 family members with Coronavirus! They started questioning him as to where they were and he said in a neighboring town 10 miles away where he lived. Finally ran the pecker head out of the building. WTF is wrong with people? Can't fix stupid I guess.

Posts: 3664 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AMEN ON CANT FIX STUPID

Posts: 114 | Location: northern lower michigan | Registered: 22 November 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
YOU ARE RIGHT YOU CANT FIX STUPID

Posts: 114 | Location: northern lower michigan | Registered: 22 November 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Or was he just a anti gun activist causing or hoping to cause you trouble.

Posts: 19354 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Anythings possible. However, those ones that don't wear a mask in crowded places, I.E. grocery stores, Post Offices are not just stupid but damned inconsiderate.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Amen!

One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
I went to Home Depot today to buy some hardware. Several people, mostly the young an invincible I guess had no masks on including a twenty something couple with a baby in a carriage!

Now it's one thing to put your own life at risk but your children's too? Amazing. Roll Eyes

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2790 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Costco has now put a mandatory face mask edict in order via an email to me. Also some others. The USPO today had a sign on the door that "recommended" the use but not an order. We NEED to get this old fashioned ( as much as I like it in other circumstances) American attitude of "You can't tell me what to do!" Right now we are dealing with more than personal freedoms of choice; we are dealing with the potential deaths of your friends, relatives, + neighbors. That being said I think it a very small thing for one to just wear a mask. It is aq very small action that might save at least one life. Isn't that worth considering?

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We have a constitutional right to peaceful assembly. Having said that, it's reasonable to take an authoritative leader's advice and mask up.

Riverside County is opening up early, may pay a price for doing so. On the other hand, reasonable people may continue to mask up for awhile anyway.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14362 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Right Tom, at the least it is nothing less than common courtesy.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I found it weird that here in Texas the governor decided to re-open slowly, but people acted like Coronavirus "expired" on the 30th of April. Home Depot went from 90% masked to about 40% in one day. People wearing masks in Kroger's dropped dramatically immediately after the end of the month as well.

Every individual has to make their own choices, but opening your hair salon when you have been told not to isn't something I support any more than running red lights after you've been told not to, or driving 35 in a 55 MPH zone.

That last one is a pet peeve of mine. We have a one mile stretch of highway near us that has a 55MPH posted. It drops to 45MPH on both sides of that stretch. It makes no sense, but that's the way it is. I got behind a fool the other day that was driving 35MPH in the 55MPH zone. At first I thought she was having car trouble. Then I noticed she was just chatting on her cell phone; brain dead. I crowded her, but instead of waking up, she stopped. Two-lane traffic, 55MPH, and she stopped. I put on my flashers and stopped behind her. We sat there a minute or so, then she started driving 35MPH again, so I crossed the double-line and passed her. It was her choice to drive 35 in a 55MPH zone, but it was a bad choice. You can't fix "stupid".

The Coronavirus didn't suddenly disappear at 12:00 midnight on the 30th of April.

Posts: 13771 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote