New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why are you against gun control Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted
A Canadian friend of mine wanted to know why as an I american I believed so much in my rights, and she wanted to know why I was so dead set against gun control.. I sent her this in an email

Gun Control Casualties
History Speaks for Itself

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians,unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves,were rounded up and exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million 'educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Defenseless people rounded up an exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million. [NOTE--some estimates now say over 100 million]

If you question these numbers, please look them up. The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, ask them the next logical question:

"Then what group of people do YOU plan to round up and exterminate?"

With guns, we are citizens. Without them, we are subjects.

"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe." (Jesus)

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To all of those reasons I would add "Because our Creator allows us to defend ourselves against those who would do us harm. We have no moral obligation to stand there and be assaulted, robbed, raped or murdered. The best way for the average person to keep evil predators at bay is with a firearm. Evil respects force. It does not respect words written on paper. Our Founding Fathers knew this and codified it into our basic law. We hold those original laws in such high esteem that we will fight to the death to maintain them. To throw away our founding principles for the sake of political correctness and the flawed idea that if a law-abiding man does not have a gun, that somehow the criminal will not use his against the unarmed is both ignorant of what criminals are and is stupid on its face."

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by homebrewer:
To all of those reasons I would add "Because our Creator allows us to defend ourselves against those who would do us harm. We have no moral obligation to stand there and be assaulted, robbed, raped or murdered. The best way for the average person to keep evil predators at bay is with a firearm. Evil respects force. It does not respect words written on paper. Our Founding Fathers knew this and codified it into our basic law. We hold those original laws in such high esteem that we will fight to the death to maintain them. To throw away our founding principles for the sake of political correctness and the flawed idea that if a law-abiding man does not have a gun, that somehow the criminal will not use his against the unarmed is both ignorant of what criminals are and is stupid on its face."

I told her something like that also but you put it into words much better than I did so I emailed her this also..

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Jarrod. I am honored.

Over ten years ago, I had my checks made by a commercial printer and not from the bank. For just a few bucks, I was able to have up to 80 characters in up to two lines imprinted on the checks. I thought carefully, and then came up with this: "History tells us repeatedly that gun control always leads to genocide." The option was called MyLines, and may be still available from some commercial check printers...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote