New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stolen Jeep Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
A few years ago I bought a jeep from Bobby Tomek's friend to the tune of 6K. It was a 94 but pristine + super low mileage as she had only used it for a hunting vehicle. anyway about a week or so it was stolen from in front of my shop. I reported it of course to the S,O. + my Ins. Co. I got a call this morning from the Dect. that my vehicle had been "recovered" but totalled. Seems some wet had it + hit + totalled 2 other cars. I have been dealing with the insurance company all day + now they want me to get all the in for them from the police reports as well as the after-action accident reports. EXCUSE me!!! I just lost a 6K jeep with no recompense + now you want me to do your paperwork?! J.C.! Thank God that I reported it stolen right away not only the the S.O. but the insurance office as well as they are always trying to find a way to someone else footing the bill. I know from past experiences that when a vehicle is stolen, NEVER cancel the insurance. So I think I'm O.K. (except losing my jeep)

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What a PITA! I know a fellow in a town next door that runs a used car leasing business. He goes to auction and picks up high mileage solid cars for little money. Then leases them out. Makes his money back in about three months. He installs a GPS ignition interlock, hardwired into the system. Somebody late on their payment? No problem, a few computer keystrokes and the the car cuts off and sends a locator ping.

Posts: 3672 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
A few years ago I bought a jeep from Bobby Tomek's friend to the tune of 6K. It was a 94 but pristine + super low mileage as she had only used it for a hunting vehicle. anyway about a week or so it was stolen from in front of my shop. I reported it of course to the S,O. + my Ins. Co. I got a call this morning from the Dect. that my vehicle had been "recovered" but totalled. Seems some wet had it + hit + totalled 2 other cars. I have been dealing with the insurance company all day + now they want me to get all the in for them from the police reports as well as the after-action accident reports. EXCUSE me!!! I just lost a 6K jeep with no recompense + now you want me to do your paperwork?! J.C.! Thank God that I reported it stolen right away not only the the S.O. but the insurance office as well as they are always trying to find a way to someone else footing the bill. I know from past experiences that when a vehicle is stolen, NEVER cancel the insurance. So I think I'm O.K. (except losing my jeep)

get a rope

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I agree! The dective said if he had the time he would go down to Bastrop + dust it for prints. "WHY?" The insurance company had the drivers name. One Juan Diaz. He was in a stolen car (a felony) + involved in a multiple car accident due to his actions. Why is he not in jail?! The other REAL victims in the other cars want to sue for damages, understandably. Why do I get this bad feeling that I might be held responsible for what someone did in a car that was stolen from me? Oh, + BTW, the towing company wants me to pay them $500.00 for the towing fee. F them, as far as I'm concerned they can keep it.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh, + BTW, the towing company wants me to pay them $500.00 for the towing fee.

That's awful.

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
if the asshole that stole ur jeep is from/living in the austin area hes not in jail because in doing so would hurt his feeling and not validate his right to take from someone who has more than him thus enabling him to exercise his right to a joyriding "experience". shaame he wasn't ejected from the jeep and run over several times during his "experience".
first time i was in a restaurant in austin since kids were grown and lived there the waiter asked me if i had enjoyed my dining "experience" there. i said fuk if i know i just came here to eat dinner. he left in a pink haired huff. one kid looked at another and said i told you we shouldn't of brought him here. i predict you will not enjoy your austin based car theft experience!

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
John, I am not enjoying one bit. We KNOW even though we don't know that it was stolen by some local meth head + traded for drugs to that Mexican. we are so far off the road that no one could have seen it but the squatters that we found living in my sons vacant house on the next property before we threw them off the property. I really don't get it. Someone steals my car, wrecks it, + I have no legal recourse? Then if I had cancelled my insurance that I would have been responsible for his actions. I REALLY don't get it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh + in addition, as I posted before Christmas that a friend from Nebrasca sent me a case of steaks from The Omaha Steak Co. I never got them. We thought that the holiday Fed-Ex drivers were stealing them as the order was repeated 3 times + I never got the cases of steaks. After the last time (about 3 weeks ago) my son saw a vehicle leaving the property + went into my other sons house + there was dirty clothes everywhere, candles (we had cut off the power + water). + low + behold in a closet there were 3 empty crates from the Omaha Steak Co. SOBs were squatting + eating my steaks + then stole my car.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
human pond scum animals

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh + in addition, as I posted before Christmas that a friend from Nebrasca sent me a case of steaks from The Omaha Steak Co. I never got them. We thought that the holiday Fed-Ex drivers were stealing them as the order was repeated 3 times + I never got the cases of steaks. After the last time (about 3 weeks ago) my son saw a vehicle leaving the property + went into my other sons house + there was dirty clothes everywhere, candles (we had cut off the power + water). + low + behold in a closet there were 3 empty crates from the Omaha Steak Co. SOBs were squatting + eating my steaks + then stole my car.

Eeker

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:

Man, that's just wrong.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My middle son (the calmest one) kept saying ,"Dad don't kill them, you'll only go to jail, etc." But believe me I had retribution on my mind Don't even call it murder. Hell, they're not there anymore anyway.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well I got with the insurance agent today. Since I only had liability, they won't give me anything, I'm just out 6K. The wrecker service that towed the jeef from the accident site wanted over $600.00 for towing + storage on a totalled vehicle. I called them up + old them to just keep it + salvage it for their fee. My insurance agent says that as the vehicle was stolen that they will not pay out on any claims from the other damaged drivers vehicles. Understandable; but what is not understandable is how these folks whose vehicles were damaged by a thief can hold me responsible for damages. My agent said that the insurance even though they will not pay me any recompense for my jeep will however (hopefully) keep me from a law suit by the other victims. The last I heard from the Dective working the case was that the driver, one John Diaz was still in jail. My God, I should certainly hope so. I do wish that the S.O. would be a little more open to me about the culprit + results as I feel that I have a right to know. O.K. stupid thinking here I suppose but in a (fair world) the thief would have his property sold off, if he had any to recompense the victim for their loss. Yeah, wishful thinking indeed! Meanwhile I still need to keep my jeep on my my policy just to safeguard myself from a possible suit, even though the vehicle was covered at the time of the theft + accident. Needless to say, this whole situation has been one big bummer + I REALLY didn't have 6K to just throw away.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow. That's a troubling situation, Randy.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
just curious....don't take this the wrong way. an asshole is an asshole (the thief), but were the keys in the jeep or was he able to hot wire it? i have attended classes given by certain law enforcement depts on how fast (as in under a minute) a ford truck can be "hot wired" and driven into mexico in under 5 minutes, literally. from el paso of course. so, was just wondering.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
John, the keys were in the console, NOT the ignition. Besides it was parked in front of my shop + I am a half mile off the road. It could not be seen. Someone had to know it was there + it was stolen in the broad daylight. besides the rear tire was very low + I had parked there to fill the tire from my compressor. I firmly believe that it was one of the squatters that stole it + traded it to that Mexican for drugs. But I don't KNOW that, only the best lead I can think of.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
that tells me he was just going thru the jeep as fast as possible as in under the seats, glove box etc and found the keys in the console during the search. probably started with the console in fact. don't feel too bad. i can remember at least 3x in el paso years past where feds and local cops stuck their service revolvers under the seat on the way to the jail and courthouse on business to find em gone when they returned. too lazy to go thru the procedures to secure em at the entrance just for a quick stop.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No sxxt! I have started to lock my truck now at night when I have never had to do that before as I am way out in the country + far off the road; but I do keep a 1911 under the seat, + don't need that stolen as well. In the jeep, I had kept a S+W mosel 39 9MM in the console but sold it to a friend of mine shortly before the theft, if that's any consolation. Well, it helps anyway.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A buddy recommended I try contacting my other Insurance company that handles my homeowners policy as it was stoled right here on the property insured. Of course not; they are in the business of taking money in.I also contacted my vehicle ins. co. (AAA) + they said since I have the platinum plan that they can tow it back here to me for free but they won't pick p the previous towing + storage fees that are now most likely close to 1K; screw it, they can keep it. I don't think I should have to pay that. AAA also will not pay the claims of the other motorists whose cars were totalled by this (most likely inebriated or drugged) Mexican car thief. If all they had was liability only ,then here we have 3 people whose cars are gone through no fault of their own + the thief gets a slap on the wrist. There's a lot wrong with this scenario.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I finally got a police report back for my records. Seems all they charged the guy with was "unauthorized use of vehicle". So I just ate 6K out of my pocket + this scumbag walks?!!! I agree with you John; a necktie party is required!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I finally got a police report back for my records. Seems all they charged the guy with was "unauthorized use of vehicle". So I just ate 6K out of my pocket + this scumbag walks?!!! I agree with you John; a necktie party is required!

Wow. That's awful.

~Ann

One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
thats why i carry full coverage ins on my stuff.... plus underinsure/non insured coverage... chaps me the way the insurance companies treat you,,, they want the premiums, but let something happen and they dissapear...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2827 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john c.:
i have attended classes given by certain law enforcement depts on how fast (as in under a minute) a ford truck can be "hot wired" and driven into mexico ... literally. from el paso of course.

I was going to say, must be close to the border as my experience with Fords is they can't be driven very far without breaking down! Stolen or not!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim, I had full coverage last spring with Farmers but when their premiums tripled

I switched to AAA because their rates were so much better + thought I was getting the same coverage. Never needed to check on it until this claim was made, Oh + BTW, I tried my homeowners as it was stolen from here. Allstate this time. Nope, not covered. You're right all they want is the premium but when you need reimbursement; good luck.

one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
You were using lead as a long EEEEEE sound. Should have been lead as in hot lead. SSS. Be Well, NC, Packy.

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:

Seriously.

Pack up and leave now.

Posts: 9087 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No. I will not be run off from my property by anyone, least of all by the scum of the earth. I have a neighbor that has a sign beside his No Tresspassing sign that says, I have a gun + a backhoe. I would never do that of course, just saying.

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
No. I will not be run off from my property by anyone, least of all by the scum of the earth. I have a neighbor that has a sign beside his No Tresspassing sign that says, I have a gun + a backhoe. I would never do that of course, just saying.

I understand,....but,.... Genesis 18:20, Genesis 11:1, Genesis 46, Exodus 14, Matthew 2, ...

Daniel Boone's father in 1713,....Daniel Boone in 1799,......

It's not always about right or wrong or guilty or not. Let's agree that Jesus could have called down some serious entourage but instead boogied for Egypt.

Posts: 9087 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Let's agree that Jesus could have called down some serious entourage but instead boogied for Egypt.

in a JEEP??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry this happened to you. Unauthorized Use of Motor Vehicle (UUMV) is the appropriate state charge but unfortunately not much will stick. I’ve been here 13 years and a guy locked up for Burglary will be out before the paperwork is filed. All of this is public info. You can check the arrest records for yourself. PR bond for multiple armed robberies. The whole failed state of Austin and increase in crime (we are gonna have a record homicide rate this year) is a result of the people voted into public office.

Posts: 55 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 21 April 2021Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What did we do in the past to horse theives. That's right, get a rope! Same should apply, especially when it your ride to work etc. Be Well, Packy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Packy, I recall an issue on Paul Harvey where some fellow complained to a judge in the old wast about hanging a man for stealing a horse was cruel + inhumane to which the judge replied. "We don't hang people for stealing horses, we hang folks so that horses won't be stolen." Aw, the good old days!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
O.K. in the FWIW dept. Does anyonme have any idea how SOME compensation could be made in this tragedy? I'm asking for advice + ideas, not a free ride. Thats what the thief got.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
future wisdom?? dunno what else there is to be had. damn poor reflection on todays society.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And the judicial system as well!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
"I switched to AAA because their rates were so much better + thought I was getting the same coverage. Never needed to check on it until this claim was made,"

Thought you were getting the same coverage???????? Thought you were getting the same coverage?????????

Should have had your "caretaker", assistant or MOM check that out for you.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh, hey there brain dead ed. Long time no hear but not long enough. Since you seem to appreciate humor, I just thought of something funny. Your mama. rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I talked with a buddy last night + he came up with a idea that I had not thought of. Since the "kid" got off with a slap on the wrist, perhaps he is being a snitch + shortening his jail time by turning in others of his ilk. Damned fine move in one respect, however, why is there NO restitution to the victim?

one of us
posted Hide Post
If no restitution comes up then the judge should pay it out of his own billfold. We are bassackwards on law these days and it needs to be fixed. It shocked me, but a former policeman and close friend who is gone now said everyone should get one lawyer tag a year. Sometimes I wonder? He was scary smart. Miss him greatly each day. Be Well, Packy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I talked with a buddy last night + he came up with a idea that I had not thought of. Since the "kid" got off with a slap on the wrist, perhaps he is being a snitch + shortening his jail time by turning in others of his ilk. Damned fine move in one respect, however, why is there NO restitution to the victim?

sorry, thats just mental masturbation. the fact is.....the powers to be in hell have way more to
occupy their little liberal monkey brains than a stolen jeep. its on a scale of "oops theres more homeless shit on the sidewalk downtown, just step over it and act like its not there." the kid that stole that used jeep is just a minor bump in the road of endless paperwork to deal with to them. he'll spend 2 minutes or less in front in front of a judge that will listen to one minute of his appointed lawyer explaining how he and the prosecutor have worked out an agreement to 12 months of probation, 60 hours of community service, his felony reduced to a misdemeanor so that they can clear the docket and the case off the books. then it will be on to the other 200 cases on the courts docket for the day. they DO NOT CARE about your jeep, your $$ loss, your having been done wrong, the assholes future. its the same to them as calling the cops to report an old bicycle. if you're lucky you'll get a oh sorry thats too bad. bye.