Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Frank Martinez Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Anybody heard from Frank recently, and/or have his phone number? Please PM me his number if you have it available as I need to get in touch with him regarding a rifle.

Thank you,

Jarod Hanson

Posts: 354 | Location: MD | Registered: 11 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Here we go again.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup, the semi-annual move underground :-)

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trying to find Frank is like chasing Snipe.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He has never burned me, every time he has ever wanted to buy something from me or vice versa he forgets his keys for a couple of months and goes feral.

I have honestly never got to the point of sending him money or vice versa, I think that is a good place to be.

I have been on AR several times since Saeed first hatched it from whatever website we were all on to begin with. I lost my login during the original update in 2000. A couple times it was my own fault. He's been around the entire time until he goes missing.

I don't think he is a crook, just busy or senile.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If only I had a dollar for every where is Frank post. I'd have enough to buy one of his Whitworths. Big Grin

Posts: 574 | Location: Utah | Registered: 30 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
If a man makes a commitment, there is absolutely no excuse for not fulfilling it; period.

Posts: 17095 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am in 100% agreement tu2

quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
If a man makes a commitment, there is absolutely no excuse for not fulfilling it; period.

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
Frank always comes through. I have had many dealings with him over past 15 years and he has always come through, although he comes up missing from time to time. Frank is a good guy.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Frank is a good guy.

That's the general opinion, OTOH, I trust Alberta Canuck's version much more than that of the ghost.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
He should be banned from buying and selling.

Mac

Posts: 1722 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by McKay:
He should be banned from buying and selling.

I agree 100%.

Posts: 1927 | Location: Oregon Coast | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All I'll add to this is my one transaction with Frank went:

ssssssllllooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwlllllllyyyyyyyyyyy

had to ask him many times to ship my stuff...

but I did finally get it.....

Posts: 610 | Location: NC | Registered: 17 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will add that my transaction with Frank was the same; very slow. In fact, I thought I had been taken when I didn't get the books for which I had paid.

Then, about six months later, I not only got my books, but my money back to boot!

I can fault him for the time frame, but I have to admire him for giving me the books AND my money back.

Posts: 2586 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are others that have done that to me on guns on this website. He doesn't post anymore, so no need to drag him into the dirt.

One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
There are others that have done that to me on guns on this website. He doesn't post anymore, so no need to drag him into the dirt.

This keeps happening over and over though.

Mac

Posts: 1722 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe he works for a living and travels..Give him a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JIM...............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~O^O

Posts: 512 | Location: Palmetto State | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Special Ops? :-)

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used to be this way until I got kicked off of here a couple of times. Very rude.

I'd say if you have a problem with
Frank being slow don't buy anything from him and just move on. No need to plaster this kind of stuff about him here

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lindy2:
I used to be this way until I got kicked off of here a couple of times. Very rude.

Frank being slow don't buy anything from him and just move on. No need to plaster this kind of stuff about him here

So we should no longer use this forum to warn others of the continued poor practices of others? ok, check... Roll Eyes

Mac

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The guy should be locked up in a loony bin

Posts: 744 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lindy2:

Everyone on this forum is expected to act like a man, and take care of their financial responsibilities.

Report the good and the bad.

Anytime I backed out of a deal I was honest and forthright.

If I was late, I told the guy I am going to be a few days late.

I say report the good and the bad, so folks don't get screwed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Everyone on this forum is expected to act like a man, and take care of their financial responsibilities."

Exactly. Be responsible for your own actions.
If you do not wish to wait for Mr. Martinez to ship your goods don't do business with him.

And if you feel the need to report to be careful then so be it. Just remember that what is good, and what is bad, is very subjective. Comments like "
The guy should be locked up in a loony bin" are rude.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lindy2,

this comes from a guy who lives in Kalifornia by choice...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Lindy2,

this comes from a guy who lives in Kalifornia by choice...

Run out of prozac this weekend?

Some of us have to work to pay taxes so you can get your social security check every month.

If the headquarters for the majority of the defense industry was in Casper, I'd be working there.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Some of us have to work to pay taxes so you can get your social security check every month."

And someday the same will be said of you!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
why do people from Kali always assume that other people are on drugs? I have read that people tend to project their own preferences/weaknesses onto others.

I paid into my SSAN my entire life, starting when I was making 90-cents an hour riding a tractor when I was 14; other than the 25 months and 10 days I spent in Vietnam with MACV-SOG advisory teams (wouldn't let me into the Ranger company until my older brother rotated home five months after I got there)and the Rangers. They did not make us pay taxes or into Social Security for some reason.

You should consider changing your name to Big Wonderful Kalifornia...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am not from California anymore than you are from Idaho.

You should consider changing your name to bitchy old fart. The only other person who regularly bitches about me living in California is my mother, and she is in her 70's. Fickle like an old woman.

Boise is way more lib-tarded than Bakersfield, I seem to remember you living near there. Our county gives out the most concealed carry permits in the state, in fact more than all other California counties combined.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
your Mother is a very wise woman. The common sense gene often skips a generation.

Boise? I do not even live in the same county. It does appear from your latest post, that:

a. you claim not to be from Kali.
b. somehow or the other, you receive your mail in Bakersfield.
Is there a dichotomy of sorts in your data?

The next Presidential election, Hillary will sweep Kali. Especially if your ten million or so illegals on welfare get to vote.

regards,

Rich

PS: don't be so silly... moon jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rich,
What dog do you have in this fight? You are going to get yourself banned from the classifieds again....

Posts: 10136 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
Rich,
What dog do you have in this fight? You are going to get yourself banned from the classifieds again....

I was thinking the same thing diggin

Posts: 3700 | Location: MI | Registered: 12 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What in heaven's name is the matter with you guys? This is NOT the PF! It is not the full moon, so there must be something else going around. I don't know Frank from Adam, but I do know that he seems to be incommunicado for weeks at a time and then reappears. It seems reasonable to point that out to others, and that in general he seems to makes things right. Do we really need 3 pages to say this? Why does everything have to be so "personal".
Bark less, wag more! What wisdom!
Just my 2 cents! I am sure I will get clobbered!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know Frank well enough to know that he is an honest person dealing with issues relating to his age.

BTW, the ban was more about who made the comments than the content.

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
It is a shame how this thread has turned. The original poster simply asked how he could get in touch with Frank concerning a rifle. Everyone jumped to many conclusions. Most bad. coffee

Then off to calling each other names. Roll Eyes

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tarbe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ramrod340:
It is a shame how this thread has turned. The original poster simply asked how he could get in touch with Frank concerning a rifle. Everyone jumped to many conclusions. Most bad. coffee

Seriously.

This thread is instructive...and not concerning Frank!

Tim

0351 USMC

Posts: 1531 | Location: Romance, Missouri | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tarbe:
quote:
Originally posted by ramrod340:

Seriously.

This thread is instructive...and not concerning Frank!

Tim

You got that right.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So, ... who is this Frank guy, and is he still with us? An active AR member, I mean?

All The Best ...

Posts: 813 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 October 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
An elderly gentleman who owns about half the Whitworth rifles in the continental US.

He has occasional debilitating bouts of various illnesses and is out of touch for a couple weeks or more from time to time.

Some people here refuse to allow for this when buying or selling with him, and complain here at the length of the transaction pubicly.

Others, who have never had any dealings with Frank often feel as if they need to offer an uninformed, unsolicited opinion, like here.

In this case, nobody knows why this gentleman wants to contact Frank. It may or may not be related to a transaction. He could likely be curious as to how Frank is, healthwise...

It is fascinating to note that NO-ONE has ever accused Frank of cheating them on a deal.

Rich

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is fascinating to note that NO-ONE has ever accused Frank of cheating them on a deal.

Absolutely wrong. Ask Alberta Canuck.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Okay,

Alberta Canuck,

did Frank Martinez ever cheat you on a business deal?

Provide the particulars if you will...

What we do NOT need, is a second or third hand story, along the lines of; "my gunsmith's best customer has this neighbor whose brother-in-law's mailman'w wife's hairdresser's janitor heard that _____ ________ beat somebody out of a deal some time in early 2006".

I would suggest that if you were not physically present during the deal, leave it, and Frank, alone.

Frank Martinez is still my friend.