New
Find
Notify
Tools

orphan gun companies for sale.... Login/Join 
one of us
posted
quote:
Vista Outdoor made a surprising move earlier this week when the company announced they will sell their firearms brands and exit the gun-making industry.

In the press release, Vista states they will halt firearm production, but plans on staying the course with its ammo manufacturing, which they claim is the companies “largest core business.” Vista also plans to focus and grow its other outdoor products as well.

“An increased focus on our heritage ammunition business will manifest itself in more innovative and breakthrough new products introduced over the next few years,” Vista Outdoor CEO Chris Metz said in the release.

Vista will now start looking for potential buyers of its Savage and Stevens firearm brands after the company faced unrelenting pressure from retailers within the outdoor market to stop making guns following the tragic shooting at a high school in Parkland, Florida.

According to The Hill, REI was among the outdoor retailers pushing for Vista to ditch its gun-making business, and even suspended all their orders for the month of March when the company wouldn’t confirm if they would still produce firearms or not.

CEO Christopher Metz broke the news to investors Tuesday saying, “the company grew too fast and beyond its core” when it acquired over 50 brands in a three year stretch.

“We can confidently say that our core lies in the hunting and shooting sports market and in adjacent activities, such as camping and hiking,” he said. “Our key consumer is someone who participates in these and other outdoor activities.”

A list of companies Vista owns in the firearms, ammunition and shooting accessories includes: Savage Arms, Stevens, Federal Premium, Speer, and American Eagle.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Might be interesting to know how much Soros + his ilk are involved in this.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What makes you think Soros is involved?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Terrible roll up strategy by former incompetent ceo supporter by current existing board.

They should stick to being an ammo company.

Time to sell all the over priced stuff they bought - 2.4 bil worth.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"after the company faced unrelenting pressure from retailers within the outdoor market to stop making guns following the tragic shooting at a high school in Parkland, Florida."

HUH! This makes no sense! If I am a retailer trying to make money selling stuff, where else am I going to buy Federal Premium ammo?

I think the real reason is that the firearms market is saturated and you can't keep cutting prices and still make a profit.

Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Gato,If it walks like a duck,etc.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Since Soros is, arguably, one of the greatest investing gamblers in world history, I don't think he has made a practice of losing large sums of money. Except for his anti-gun politics, I find the guy to be admirable.

xxxxxxxxxx