Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

making the move to Texas Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Well we did it. Decided on Texas over Oklahoma. Though Oklahoma is far cheaper, our heart is set on Texas, son sense moving to OK only to wish it was TX. Bite bullet and get it done
We bought a 2.5 acre lot in Bridalegte Ranch just outside of Bandera TX. That is about 40 minutes west of San Antonio in the hills. Lot as 20 mile views. Now time to finish my house plans and then get it going. Wife has clinicals this fall and next spring set u here in Virginia. After that we move. Hopefully I can start house before that.
So Texas, another red voter in route!!

Posts: 718 | Location: va | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great move!

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2627 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post

Posts: 672 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Good choice! tu2 Good luck! Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Welcome, Brent! tu2

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oitstanding! Welcome!

That's a beautiful part of the state and a fun little town.

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I thought about the Hill Country when I left Oregon. Lots of ancestors sleep in its soils, and great-great granddad fought in the war.
But the weather made me look closer at this part of New Mexico, and I landed where my kin did in 1884 -- upon leaving the Hill Country.
That said, God bless Texas.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16287 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
God bless Texas indeed + G.D. the taxman that is doing his best to take it away from us. It is a yearly ongoing battle dealing with those jacklegs. I have a neighbor that just moved to the Goldthwaite area because they couldn't afford the Williamson /Travis taxes anymore. She said that the crying shame was that her family (Spivey) were here settling this land when Texas was still a Republic, but now they are being forced out by taxes imposed. Never mind, I could go on + on but you get the gist.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bandera is a nice area. Congrats!

Posts: 1782 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bandera is indeed a great area; it has not become overpopulated (yet). I talked with a buddy today that has an apartment complex in downtown Austin + his property taxes are 60K a month. Stay in Bandera; S.A. is close enough if you want to "go to town". Austin has gone to the dogs.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ask me, the dogs have gone to austin, turned fag, dyed hair pink and think that PC is the new bible!

Posts: 1530 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And that's what bothers me most. In the 70s it was the best place to live in the world,REALLY! But like everywhere else change comes from implants bringing their failed ways with them + polluting the once clear pond.