The Accurate Reloading Forums
making the move to Texas

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3611043/m/3491070162

08 August 2020, 03:56
brent ebeling
making the move to Texas
Well we did it. Decided on Texas over Oklahoma. Though Oklahoma is far cheaper, our heart is set on Texas, son sense moving to OK only to wish it was TX. Bite bullet and get it done
We bought a 2.5 acre lot in Bridalegte Ranch just outside of Bandera TX. That is about 40 minutes west of San Antonio in the hills. Lot as 20 mile views. Now time to finish my house plans and then get it going. Wife has clinicals this fall and next spring set u here in Virginia. After that we move. Hopefully I can start house before that.
So Texas, another red voter in route!!
08 August 2020, 05:08
Beretta682E
Congratulations

Mike
08 August 2020, 06:13
df06
Sounds like a great move!

NRA Patron member
08 August 2020, 07:01
Hannay
Congratulations - I'll look forward to hearing how you like it. Have you started looking for a hunting lease yet?

Reindeer & Geese, Iceland, 2023
Plains Game, Eastern Cape, 2023
Buff - Zambezi Valley, Zimbabwe, 2022
Muskox-Greenland, 2020
Roe buck and muntjac in England, 2019
Unkomaas Valley, RSA, 2019
Kaokoland, Namibia, 2017
Wild boar hunting in Sweden, 2016
Moose hunting in Sweden, 2014

How to post photos on AR
08 August 2020, 08:00
Use Enough Gun
Good choice! tu2 Good luck! Big Grin
08 August 2020, 08:57
NormanConquest
Welcome, Brent! tu2

Never mistake motion for action.
08 August 2020, 23:08
JTEX
Oitstanding! Welcome!

That's a beautiful part of the state and a fun little town.
09 August 2020, 18:05
Bill/Oregon
I thought about the Hill Country when I left Oregon. Lots of ancestors sleep in its soils, and great-great granddad fought in the war.
But the weather made me look closer at this part of New Mexico, and I landed where my kin did in 1884 -- upon leaving the Hill Country.
That said, God bless Texas.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author
10 August 2020, 08:51
NormanConquest
God bless Texas indeed + G.D. the taxman that is doing his best to take it away from us. It is a yearly ongoing battle dealing with those jacklegs. I have a neighbor that just moved to the Goldthwaite area because they couldn't afford the Williamson /Travis taxes anymore. She said that the crying shame was that her family (Spivey) were here settling this land when Texas was still a Republic, but now they are being forced out by taxes imposed. Never mind, I could go on + on but you get the gist.

26 August 2020, 23:27
bwanajay
Bandera is a nice area. Congrats!
29 August 2020, 09:27
NormanConquest
Bandera is indeed a great area; it has not become overpopulated (yet). I talked with a buddy today that has an apartment complex in downtown Austin + his property taxes are 60K a month. Stay in Bandera; S.A. is close enough if you want to "go to town". Austin has gone to the dogs.

01 September 2020, 03:01
john c.
ask me, the dogs have gone to austin, turned fag, dyed hair pink and think that PC is the new bible!
01 September 2020, 09:52
NormanConquest
And that's what bothers me most. In the 70s it was the best place to live in the world,REALLY! But like everywhere else change comes from implants bringing their failed ways with them + polluting the once clear pond.