THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Texas officials investigating outrageous energy bills

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas officials investigating outrageous energy bills Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted
Texas officials are investigating outrageous energy bills in storm price surge.
Anyone receive a very high bill from your energy provider?
What can be done about it?

Posts: 1070 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is definitely a thing. https://www.dallasnews.com/bus...ezing-days-in-texas/

I would definitely get back to your provider, and ask WTF.

If not satisfied, I would Contact your local news media and get the company a little free publicity.

I would follow that up with a call to your State's Attorney General's office. Consumer protection.

Give them a nice review on social media platforms.

Don't give up.

Posts: 13772 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Is there such a thing as an ESCO in Tx.

Here in NY they are an electric reseller. Your first bill or two is less than the utility company (con ed) then you're stuck till your "contract" is up. Have to Op Out in writing than called Con Ed and locked your account from being switched back to the ESCO.

Posts: 6380 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All the sensationalism.

In Texas Since deregulation we get to pick our electrical provider (generation source) we have many options and many price strictures.

There are several providers that offer indexed pricing...... A certain percentage over wholesale pricing, as opposed to fixed pricing.

Those who "chose", on their own free will to gamble on wholesale pricing with the index per engage got hammered in this storm......they CHOSE to gamble on the market and they lost. It was their own personal CHOICE their DECISION so it is their responsibility to deal with the results of their decision.

Posts: 41766 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I'm on the Pedernales Electric Co-op. I got my bill yesterday that was prior to the cold weather + there was a $50.00 increase. I have a high SEER heat pump which would take the lion's share of juice We will see what this next bill will be. I have been hearing horror stories of bills in excess of $7K. I don't know about anyone else but I damned sure couldn't pay that.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
I'm on the Pedernales Electric Co-op. I got my bill yesterday that was prior to the cold weather + there was a $50.00 increase. I have a high SEER heat pump which would take the lion's share of juice We will see what this next bill will be. I have been hearing horror stories of bills in excess of $7K. I don't know about anyone else but I damned sure couldn't pay that.

actually i believe it was $17k, not 7. in dallas? we have an electric co-op. waiting to see.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13772 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
John, I have heard the 17K figure as well but when things get that bizarre it's hard to get your mind around it.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would this qualify as Unjust Enrichment ?

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1586 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, it would + the sad thing is that seems to be the mindset of so many today. Greed + F you before you can F them. This is not the country I grew up in.