New
Find
Notify
Tools

New favorite store Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Rural King

Cheap cracked corn - I feed a bunch of birds in my backyard. $3 cheaper than tractor supply.

Cheap guns and good online gun site. Cheap ammo.

I will be shopping there a bunch. Nearest one is 55 miles from home.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Never heard of them. Is it a national chain? We have a Tractor Supply here in town but they don't sell guns. Kinda a nice touch, a feed store with guns.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I get birdseed and sunflower seed from Home Depot. Recently then reduced the size of the bags rather than raise the price per bag. Same difference. I guess they are assuming we won't notice the difference. One of the oldest and dumbest marketing ploys in the book.

Posts: 13760 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Never heard of them. Is it a national chain? We have a Tractor Supply here in town but they don't sell guns. Kinda a nice touch, a feed store with guns.

RK is a chain but not huge. Wish there was one close by to me. There is a TSC nearby but they have gotten more 'suburban' rather than true farm store.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
quote:

RK is a chain but not huge. Wish there was one close by to me. There is a TSC nearby but they have gotten more 'suburban' rather than true farm store.

Tsc is yuppie compared to rural king.

Their prices are much better and they sell guns and ammo.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
I get birdseed and sunflower seed from Home Depot. Recently then reduced the size of the bags rather than raise the price per bag. Same difference. I guess they are assuming we won't notice the difference. One of the oldest and dumbest marketing ploys in the book.

Costco bird seeds gone from $17 to $29.

I feed mainly cracked corn - doves, ducks and Sandhills cranes go thru 50 pounds every week.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
My favorite store too. Hunting stuff, tools, farm stuff, etc. Whats not to love? Low prices!

God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1368 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
quote:

Tsc is yuppie compared to rural king.

Their prices are much better and they sell guns and ammo.

Mike

That was the point of my 'suburban' comment. A store for fake weekend warrior citiots.

clap

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rural King

I see sweet horse chow for 8.99 bag.. this is fabulous deer bait... where legal.. way better than corn.. but doesn;t go thru auto feeders very well.. I think i was paying more than that for it 20 years ago!

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1957 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
No, thats why a mn needs to put out a creep feeder.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote