Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Hate That Advertising Crap! Login/Join 
one of us
posted
The first thing I do when I get a magazine is tear out all the advertising cards that are stuck into the magazine to supposedly grab your attention. I just pulled eight from inside the latest Guns & Ammo. I probably pull eighteen out of each issue of AARP. As far as I'm concerned it's spam.

Posts: 13760 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do the same thing. I hate it.

Posts: 182 | Location: Up the holler in WV | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And then comes the pleading letters to resubscribe. So I do it by the internet, but the letters keep comming.

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I use those things to include as "counter offers" in the return envelopes from the junk mail I receive (postage pre-paid only of course). Those folks always say they are anxiously awaiting a reply from me, and I hate to disappoint them. Who knows, they might like to get a portable sawmill, or an all terrain mower, or a subscription to the "cigar of the month club". I try to offer them an opportunity just as they are offering me.

Posts: 2 | Location: Southeast Texas | Registered: 17 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bmtshooter, good one Big Grin

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bmtshooter, please don't continue posting, for being your first post, it has set the standard too high. I don't believe you will be able to top that.

I will continue to spread your "counter-offer" gospel.

Posts: 13760 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I cant imagine throwing away those mail-ins from magazines!
The best are the ones from the magazines themselves.
I just fill in my enemy's name and address, check the little box that says, "Bill Me Later", and drop them in the mailbox. Two or three dozen at a time.
You have to know that those subscription services are like pit bulls when it comes to non-payment. Wink

Posts: 4150 | Location: Adirondack Mountains, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of reloaderman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DIYASUB:
I cant imagine throwing away those mail-ins from magazines!
The best are the ones from the magazines themselves.
I just fill in my enemy's name and address, check the little box that says, "Bill Me Later", and drop them in the mailbox. Two or three dozen at a time.
You have to know that those subscription services are like pit bulls when it comes to non-payment. Wink

That's cold!
Did you know that you can take the pre-paid envelope and tape it to a brick and the post office will deliver it! And bill them for the postage!
Yes, it works!

Shovel ready.....
but hangin' on

Posts: 707 | Location: West Texas,USA | Registered: 20 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes the brick does work!! Done it my self and had a great laugh. Now I will try the enemies idea. I like that one
MM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.../watch?v=qVQc386js7g

www.setfreesoldiers.com
www.soldiermade.com

Montana Maddness
Set Free Ministries MT.

7 days with out meat makes one Weak!

Posts: 422 | Location: Fort Benton MT. and in the wind! | Registered: 06 June 2008Reply With Quote
<xs headspace>
posted
The only thing worse, are those crap faxes that advertise $99 trips to Cancun, that show up in the office fax machine. I put them back into the machine, and dial the 800 number. Love to hear the guy at the other end screaming this is not a fax number. Then I hit redial several times, just to tie up their lines some more.... BOOM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The only thing worse, are those crap faxes that advertise $99 trips to Cancun, that show up in the office fax machine. I put them back into the machine, and dial the 800 number. Love to hear the guy at the other end screaming this is not a fax number. Then I hit redial several times, just to tie up their lines some more.... BOOM

Cheeky!

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote