New
Find
Notify
Tools

FED-EX Snafu Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
I have had bad luck with FedEx + UPS at times but I'm really pissed now. I live out in the country + the Fed X drivers can't be bothered to bring packages up the driveway to the house but just leave pkgs. down by the road. I have a friend that sent me a case of steaks from Omaha Steak Co. for Christmas to be delivered on the 16th. Nothing. I called the co. + was told they were delivered. No, they weren't, at least not to my house. So they told me they would replicate the order + send it again for delivery on the 23rd. Nothing. And this was after I told them to write on the box my phone # + ADULT signature required. I guess the driver didn't like being told what to do. I am set up with another delivery for the 31st + asked the steak Co. for a tracking # so I could find out when it should be delivered + was told, anytime between 8:00 A.M.- 5:00 P.M. So I told the lady , did she expect me to set at the end of my driveway all day because the Fed-X driver was too lazy to do his G.D. job? I suppose another option is that the driver is the thief. I will see on the 31st what happens. I hate thieves with a passion. I told the sales rep at Omaha Steak Co. that they should rain on the Mad Fed-Xs parade as not only are their drivers not doing their job but it's costing the steak co. to resend the order 3 times. THere has to be some recourse.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post
Setup a camera at the end of your driveway.
That way you’ll get alerts and can see what’s going on. And always have proof.
Also you might have a driveway pirate

Posts: 1066 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Most Fed-EX carriers are contract carriers and the drivers they hire.

They do not work directly for Fed-ex

Posts: 19317 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain. Last spring a FedEx driver (who's probably an ex driver now) demolished an IBC tote off the side of my driveway by backing into it and sending one of his back wheels right over half of it. He drove off without even stopping until he got all the way to the end of my driveway (1/4 mile). I'm sure his truck had damage. This, after I had explained to him the best way to turn around safely and he got shitty with me and he 'knew what to do.'

I filed a complaint for the damaged tote but FedEx never paid for it.

Hope you get your steaks.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
When you quit squeaking fed ex started forgetting about the claim.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4223 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Still no steaks. I sat at the gate all morning + nothing. Called the steak co. + was told that it would be delivered in their working hrs. So what were they? Ending at 8:00 P.M. I went back down to the gate at 8:25 + still nothing. Since it was pitch black outside I'm inclined to go with the driver theft theory. I called FedEx yesterday with the tracking # but only got a recorded message system that wouldn't let me talk to a human. I'm calling the steak co. back in the A.M. + have credit my friend's money. I did tell the customer service rep that he should kick this upstairs. They are costing their company money. If their driver is a Jesse James then he needs to be fired + have theft charges filed. You are right, when you don't say anything it will go on business as usual.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
FedEx and UPS are fine until you have a problem.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I reckon it is time to remind them to put up. I have the case # they issued to me. I will probably make a real bitchy post on their public facebook page. That usually gets action.

Damn shame about those steaks.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
FedEx and UPS are fine until you have a problem.

Yep, and that should also include USPS. Just ask Randy about sending me lead ingots numerous times. thumbdown Nothing gets my dander up like liars and thieves. thumbdown

One of Us
posted Hide Post
3rd attempt + still no delivery to me. Some A.H. is eating my steaks! Mad At least my friend's credit card is being reimbursed; some consolation there. I hate thieves + folks that are too lazy to do their jobs but still feel they are owed a paycheck (read millennials).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try placing a game camera in a discreet location.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 934 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike, I have a surveillance system in my shop but not all over the property although it is posted. The last time I had a theft I called the S.O. + their comment was "What do you want us to do about it?" I'll bet if I shot the SOB, they would find the time to get there in a hurry! I am so fed up with this upside-down world we live in today + shiver at the thought of what the next 4 years will bring.