The Accurate Reloading Forums
Watched a classic film on New Year's Eve

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3611043/m/3311049862

01 January 2022, 18:10
Bill/Oregon
Watched a classic film on New Year's Eve
Wandered over to Roku and lo and behold, there was an old favorite among the chaff that I had not watched in many years: "Beckett."
O'Toole and Burton were at the height of their powers, and the script itself celebrates the moral triumph of conscience over cynicism.
"Beckett" and "A Man for all Seasons" remind me of the sacred importance of principle in an age that mocks truth.
Good start to 2022.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author
01 January 2022, 20:13
Aspen Hill Adventures
Bill, Happy New Year. I don't think I have seen that movie. I did stay up to ring in the new year and watched "Midway", the one with Woody Harrelson as Nimitz. Excellent movie.

~Ann

07 January 2022, 09:54
NormanConquest
Happy New Years to you both as well. Ann, try to find the Midway movie from (if memory serves 1977) with Charleton Heston + Henry Fonda. Bill, I remember Beckett well. The Paramount theater plays it every year in their summer film fest; it is a classic. And you are right in your synopsis of the situation that is age old but even more prevalent today. Devine right of kings, indeed!

Never mistake motion for action.
07 January 2022, 11:01
Saeed
Lots of these movies are on Youtube.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000
07 January 2022, 19:49
Aspen Hill Adventures
I'm stuck finding movies on the TV as I am too rural for streaming services. I have satellite but limited data.

Last night I caught part of a older movie which starred a young Martin Sheen and Sissy Spacek as some killers on the run. Didn't catch the name of it but I just could not call it a very good movie. Was kind of weird. The old cars were cool though.

~Ann

08 January 2022, 05:43
Grizzly Adams1
Good movie, Both O'Toole and Burton started as Shakespearean actors and it shows.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell
08 January 2022, 08:51
NormanConquest
Yes, indeed! As an aside, I recommend the book "Hellraisers, the life + inebriated times of Peter O'Toole, Richard Burton, Richard Harris, + Oliver Reed"; by Robert Sellers. It's a good + informative read.

Never mistake motion for action.