New
Find
Notify
Tools

remington sandy hook Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58001480

why i no longer invest in gun or ammo companies.

there is real litigation risk to manufacturing and selling firearms. especially those used in high profile
mass shootings.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
At the risk of beating a dead horse, this is all due to our ever-increasing legal rather than justice system. And forget common sense, which went out the window some time ago. How about the person who poisons another? Can Drano now be sued because their product was used in a crime? Several years ago there was a crime committed in our little community, when this mother just went nuts + bashed in her 13 year old daughters head with a rock while she was asleep on the sofa. I really don't want to sound calous but after the fact I thought, O.K., good, now those bastards can outlaw rocks; come start on my place + seize them, PLEASE! Sorry, that child's demise was no joke but then again what we are dealing with these days is no joke either.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
It's always easier to blame an inanimate object than the person behind them.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2796 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised by Remington's action. It's a step in the wrong direction. I guess "Ford" is responsible if a drunk driver kills someone.

Posts: 13772 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cougarz:
It's always easier to blame an inanimate object than the person behind them.

Repentance and redemption possible for the perpetrators, though unlikely.
Physical objects are what they are (and are much more fixable when not working right).

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14371 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
O.K. perhaps this doesn't apply but abstractly I think it does. When my jeep was stolen a few months ago from here at my house + then totaled out by the thief there was NO compensation from my vehicle or homeowners ins. co.'s. They even wanted me to pay for the towing bill from the scene of the accident. Then insult to injury, all they charged him with was unauthorized use of a vehicle. So he got to walk. I know what happened; the judge cut him a deal on a lighter sentence for rolling over some of his drug buddies. So how about the original victim, me? I'm just out 10K + that's the end of it. I'm still pissed about that.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote