THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    And the super bowl attendees weren't even kissed......

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And the super bowl attendees weren't even kissed...... Login/Join 
one of us
posted
....on top of the $1800 admission ticket prices.......

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My computer won't show the pic, if it doesn't appear on yours as well, it is a display of beer prices at the super bowl, Premium $15, Domestic $13, and Water $7.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't pay $1800 to watch a monkey fuck. So I sat home, in my drawers, in my lazy boy, and drank the same beer they were paying $15.00 for.
Good game though. I kinda liked the extended halftime. It gave me a chance to make up a nacho platter since I'd exhausted my summer sausage and cheese supplies.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm with you, bud. I like being at home where my bathroom is close and not crowded and the beer is cold and relatively cheap.

Many pundits mentioned how poor of a game it was. I disagree, I think it was one of the finest display of defense domination on BOTH sides that I've ever seen. Admittedly Manning is way over the hill but it's hard to pass when you're being swatted or sacked nearly every other play. AFA Newton goes, he is incredible but he didn't maintain his cool when the defense was pressuring him, and his receivers fumble-fingers didn't help.

The fact that I beat my football smart son out of a few bucks on the result didn't hurt any either. Wink

I looked into taking family or at least son to either World Series or Super Bowl some years ago. The ticket prices were so damn high that I promptly discarded that idea forever more. I don't even like crowds and paying thousands of dollars to be in one is absurd from my POV. I don't understand why people do it, but to each his own.

xxxxxxxxxx

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think it will go down in history as one of the more boring Super Bowls simply because everyone likes a high scoring shootout. The Denver defense was just incredible. Watching Miller and Ware come around the ends homing-in on Cam was fascinating. I felt sorry for the blocking back. At times he was spinning in circles trying to decide who he should try to stop when they were coming in waves.

Miller receiving the MVP was a perfect ending. I had the eerie feeling that they might try some type of pity-f*ck-going-away-present for Peyton although he did virtually nothing but throw whiffle-balls down field. I like Peyton and hope he decides to ride into the sunset. I don't want to see him take a beating like Ali.

I noticed when everyone was running up to Peyton to congratulate him, including "Papa John", Elway was noticeably absent.

The other thing weird was the look on Eli's face when the Broncos scored the clincher. I had the feeling his money was on the Panthers.

I spent a lot of my time wondering why Jerry let Ware go. One of a long line of Cowboy bad moves.

Posts: 13773 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I spent a lot of my time wondering why Jerry let Ware go. One of a long line of Cowboy bad moves.

I bet Jerry was thinking the same thing.

xxxxxxxxxx

one of us
posted Hide Post
What's the super Bowl ? Confused Wink

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote