THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Plano Texas - Gun Nut Capitol of the World

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Plano Texas - Gun Nut Capitol of the World Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted
You have to watch this.....very interesting point....

And the last two minutes are all about PLANO TEXAS......

I love that he calls it GUN NUT CAPITOL OF THE WORLD!!

Ya gotta watch about specifically Plano TX!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/...?rel=0&autoplay=true

Posts: 1068 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just outstanding! We should all be raising funds to get this on prime time!

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very interesting.

I don't really understand how Plano got singled-out. I can't imagine them having more guns and pointed-sticks than most cities in Texas.

What I hate is the change in the gun landscape. When guns were acquired and kept for hunting and protection, life was good. With hunting fading it's become "we need guns because they have guns; the bad guys". Not much fun in that philosophy. Add to that, "where can you fire a gun?", and things get worse. The average suburban gun nut in Plano has very limited opportunities to play or practice with his gun. One place in Garland. One place in Dallas. The rest are indoor ranges which are less than "fun" in my opinion.

I used to think the gun-nut capitol of the world was New Mexico. Get outside the city limits and start banging away. Public land all around. Shoot jackrabbits and varmints until you're tired of pulling the trigger. That's fun. Gun-nut paradise. Texas is pretty tame. Maybe it's all the landowners with cash registers that tamed it.

Anyway, the guy makes some good points in he video, and has a nice delivery. I think it would be hard to come up with a good rebuttal; not that the people that are afraid of guns wouldn't try.

Posts: 13760 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe it's all the landowners with cash registers that tamed it.

That and lawyers. and well, we just don't have much public land in Texas. Damn shame there aren't more places to "fun shoot".

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Well,we used to in my lifetime.I can not blame it all on the lawyers,they are only an instrament of greed from their employeers.BTW,Texas is as pro gun as anyone can think. Our state logo seems these days to be "Come + Take It You Can."

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, you might check a couple places on Hwy 380, Denton, Winchester range, Cumby, Terrell, Grand Prairie,Rockwall, or Mesquite. Probably more gunranges than that around Dallas, but I do know of these.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used to use Mesquite because they had a 200 yard target. (Usually under about 6" of water.) Just too far to travel now.

I'm amazed Garland is still open. Practically surrounded by housing additions.

380 is not too far from me. I'll sniff around. Thanks

Posts: 13760 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote