Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Housing Market Login/Join 
one of us
posted
Spoke to a friend this afternoon that runs a real estate agency in the Dallas area. He put three houses on the market Friday with a $250,000+ asking price. All three, by this afternoon, have been bid-up to $270,000+ and still accepting bids. This sounds more like The Woodlands than North Texas.

Too many Yankees coming our way. I wish they would give them all a driver's test before allowing them to immigrate across State lines.

Posts: 13760 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
Be particularly aware of those with Massachusetts plates! There are some damned good reasons why they have some of the highest insurance rates in the USA.

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"If I owned Texas and Hell I would rent out Texas and live in Hell" - General William Tecumseh Sherman.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Shootshellz, you must be from Massachusetts.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think the housing market is heading for another bust. Prices are getting outrageous even with the tighter lending standards. I expect prices in 3 years to be lower than they are now, in part because mortgage interest rates will be higher. In Jacksonville at least, this not due to "imports" but locals.
FWIW, Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Here in Austin,there 126 people a day moving in.You can tell in our highway system as well as the nature of the drivers from out of state. We have always in the past had the most courteous drivers but now you can tell the implants.Not to mention what this is doing to the property taxes.People who have lived here all their lives are having to move because of outsiders coming in + unrealistically increasing the property values.A big part of the increase is due to SXSW,they have the music fest in March when the weather is great + we get a worldwide audience;if they came in August it would be a different story.Then what brought them here in the first place was the music,they complain at night of the noise + want a 10:00 curfew. I guess the closing statement on this is ,We don't care how you did it where you came from,if it was so great then move back but don't come down here with your yankee ways + expect us to change to satisfy your lifestyle.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
,We don't care how you did it where you came from,if it was so great then move back but don't come down here with your yankee ways + expect us to change to satisfy your lifestyle.

Say on, brother. Wink

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
People from New England, especially Massholes, feel they have a God given right to tell everybody how to live. It isn't just Texans that hold them in justifiable contempt.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kensco: Not even close. I live in the Evergreen State of Washington. Come visit and I will show you what a tree looks like.......

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
quote:
,We don't care how you did it where you came from,if it was so great then move back but don't come down here with your yankee ways + expect us to change to satisfy your lifestyle.

Say on, brother. Wink

Peter and I often disagree, but you're just a fucking nut, forget the tea bagger part of it. I don't know WTF is wrong with you but you probably a) need therapy and b) should probably not be allowed to own guns if a post that innocuous brings this kind of response. Damn.

It did not take long but your post on this thread and Peter's gives me an indication of your character. Perhaps you need therapy and should not be allowed to own guns because you do not want to allow Yankees in your neighborhood.

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I love reading these kind of posts, you could substitute any state in all the posts and be correct.

Posts: 6361 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Let's make it New York then.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Shoot: I've got a tree. Hope you don't have a bad back because you're going to have to bend over to get a close-up view of it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
My wife and I were socializing last night with another realtor friend last night. He mentioned putting a house on the market early this week and having 27 offers as of yesterday.

Just a point of interest regarding home rental versus buying. In the North Dallas area currently you can rent a house for about 0.805% of the 2015 appraised value, meaning a $250,000 home would rent for about $2,015 a month. (The range is about 0.72% to 0.92%.)

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xgrunt:
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
quote:

Say on, brother. Wink

Peter and I often disagree, but you're just a fucking nut, forget the tea bagger part of it. I don't know WTF is wrong with you but you probably a) need therapy and b) should probably not be allowed to own guns if a post that innocuous brings this kind of response. Damn.

It did not take long but your post on this thread and Peter's gives me an indication of your character. Perhaps you need therapy and should not be allowed to own guns because you do not want to allow Yankees in your neighborhood.

Perhaps if you could learn to read, you'd would be so crazy. Ignorance does lead to irascibility when dealing with others. Why don't you show me where I said that "I didn't want to allow Yankees in my neighborhood?" Try REAL hard.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't mind yankees (massholes) in the neighborhood I just don't want them turning the neighborhood into Mass.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The topic got my curiousity up. I was surprised just how cheap Texas housing is, and how Dallas is rising against low oil prices.

Posts: 1928 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
My wife and I were socializing last night with another realtor friend last night. He mentioned putting a house on the market early this week and having 27 offers as of yesterday.

Just a point of interest regarding home rental versus buying. In the North Dallas area currently you can rent a house for about 0.805% of the 2015 appraised value, meaning a $250,000 home would rent for about $2,015 a month. (The range is about 0.72% to 0.92%.)

That is not a bubble - 9-10 percent pre expense /gross is not bad. This is a world on sub 3 percent 10 year bonds.

In bombay india the rental yield is 1-2 percent per year, bank pays 10 percent, inflation is 8 percent, house prices are higher on per square ft than dallas and income not purchasing power adjusted is 1/10. That is a bubble.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kensco: No, you don't have a real tree. You have a Texas 'tree' which is merely an overgrown shrub. Once again, feel free to visit me in Washington where there are real trees (you know, the kind you make lumber out of). A Texas 'tree' could not make a popsicle stick...

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
My Heavens,what rage !!! Por Que? The west coast does have some beautiful trees,thats true.But before you run your head you might consider looking at some facts; i/e East Texas.We are a MUCH larger state than you are + obviously larger thinking as well.( not judjing others,only you.)I must add that our state pride exceeds any other state in the nation.We have a Holy Monument for freedom + independance in our state; what can you offer?

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I moved from Houston to the Hill Country 3.5 years ago to escape the congestion. Housing and rural land prices have nearly doubled and it is starting to feel like northwest San Antonio. We like it here but it may be time to move further west, if I could get my wife to.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote