THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    LSU students planned for Spring Break but........

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LSU students planned for Spring Break but........ Login/Join 
one of us
posted
quote:
Underage LSU students busted in Alabama, accused of towing 1,800-plus cans of beer, liquor to Gulf Shores for spring break

April 07, 2015

Sheriff’s deputies in Alabama confiscated more than 100 cases of beer and numerous bottles of liquor Monday from a group of LSU students on their way to Gulf Shores for spring break, according to the Mobile County Sheriff’s Office.

The students, two 18-year-olds and two 19-year-olds, were stopped on Interstate 10 driving a Ford pickup while towing a trailer with an expired tag, said Lori Myles, a Mobile County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman.

During the stop, the pickup’s driver gave deputies consent to search the trailer where authorities found nearly 2,000 beers, five liters of boxed wine and eight bottles of liquor, Myles said.

The students, who identified themselves to deputies as fraternity members, were en route to the beach to meet “a larger group of people for the week of spring break,” Myles said.

The four men joined the Phi Kappa Psi fraternity at LSU in the fall of 2014.

Barcadia in Baton Rouge, Pizza Domenica in New Orleans among 83 places cited for selling alcohol to underage customers

The men were issued minor in possession of alcohol summonses. None were drinking when they were pulled over, and all the men cooperated fully with deputies, Myles said.

Among the confiscated alcoholic beverages were 106 18-packs of Natural Light beer, five 12-packs of Corona beer and five liters of Franzia boxed wine. Several bottles of tequila, vodka, whiskey and rum also were collected by deputies.

The men arrested are: Harrison Coogan, 18; Brandon Barber, 19; Hunter Coker, 18; and Carson Buckner, 19, the Sheriff’s Office said.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Got to admire their initiative.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They make the Spring Break Hall of Fame in my book.

Posts: 13754 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I stopped a group of four fisherman pulling a 16 foot boat the bottom was covered with cases (24 count)of beer front to back.

I figured that each one would have to drink more then a case a day each to finish the beer before they left.

Drinking problem?

Posts: 19305 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
I stopped a group of four fisherman pulling a 16 foot boat the bottom was covered with cases (24 count)of beer front to back.

I figured that each one would have to drink more then a case a day each to finish the beer before they left.

Drinking problem?

Was the driver sober? Was the quantity of beer illegal? Just curious.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Driver was sober all adults Beside giving them a fix it notice for non working lights on the trailer no other action was taken.

I just found it interesting that they planned to have all the beer gone by the time they headed back.

Posts: 19305 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Just think how much more fun their spring break would have been had they renewed the registration on their trailer...

Not that I advocate underage drinking, but this just shows that it's often the little things that get you. The devil's in the details, right?

Posts: 3289 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Reads like something I might have done, if I had the money.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have a bit of a problem calling them "Men". Boys would be more apt.

Posts: 9944 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DesertRam:
Just think how much more fun their spring break would have been had they renewed the registration on their trailer...

Not that I advocate underage drinking, but this just shows that it's often the little things that get you. The devil's in the details, right?

Just think if one of them had been a law student(or even just informed) and said we don't consent to a search. Know your rights and stand up for them.

Posts: 2329 | Location: uSA | Registered: 02 February 2009Reply With Quote