THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    (OT) Kenya Settler question, are any heirs from the original set..

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

(OT) Kenya Settler question, are any heirs from the original set.. Login/Join 
Picture of Shikaar
posted
I tried to post this in the African Information thread but I wasn't allowed. MODS please feel free to move this if its not in its proper place..

My question is are there any heirs of the original "Happy Valley set" or settlers that are still prominent in Kenya? How about any Safari companies still in business that originated in Kenya and is still in the family?

I know Delamere's great grandson has been in the news and still lives in Kenya.. Ive been to Kenya twice but both times were on my way to Tanzania and didn't really notice a "Caucasian" culture as I did in South Africa or Namibia.

Thanks, Jason

Posts: 16 | Location: TX, PA, UT, JBURG | Registered: 07 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jason,

I recently purchased the book "Kenya A COUNTRY IN THE MAKING 1880-1940" by Nigel Pavitt. He describes how his friend Robin Schalch and the author criss crossed the country in their quest to find photos for the book, examining over 30,000 photos from family albums.

There seems to be a large group of descendants from the colonial era still residing in Kenya based on his book.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9363 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
Brian Herne could be the right guy. I ignor where he is living but his books are a genealogist's dream.

J B de Runz
Be careful when blindly following the masses ... generally the "m" is silent

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote