New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tyler Gun Works Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
I read an article in American Handgunner by Peter Caroline who usually writes for Dillon's 'Blue Press' mag. about this Texas company. They do restoration work on handguns + judging from their website it looks like quality work. A few years ago I had wanted a restoration job on my 2nd model H.E. S+W + contacted Turnbull but was told that they didn't work on Smiths. Has anyone here dealt with Tyler? Something to put on my wish list.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They seem very popular in other forums I frequent. I think I read where they are not taking any new orders, but that may have changed. I really don't care for their color case hardening. It reminds me of some "chemical" case hardening I have seen.

Posts: 1640 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
The pics of case hardening that I saw in AG mag were not all that great but the polish + bluing seemed adequate but not superior. Moot point anyway; I remain a student of the OLD SCHOOL that had the acumen of "If It Ain't Broke, Don't fix it ."

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote