New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Bill Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
A buddy was telling me about this tonight. I haven't heard it anywhere else. Seems that the Dems are wanting to pass a bill to tax mileage. That will require all motorists to keep a log book of miles driven + at tax time the tax fee will be 8 cents per mile. Well, since we are already paying for road fees with our gas tax, that sounds like double taxation. Anybody else hear about this?

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
More likely a GPS tracker.

Posts: 19355 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
They will probably need to charge more than that to pay for the millions of destitute illegals they are letting in.

~Ann

Posts: 19148 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i read that was a Kalifornia thing they are gonna try to pass

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From Forbes - "This is only a pilot program for a vehicle miles traveled fee. Therefore, following the completion of a pilot program, the Biden administration may or may not implement a vehicle miles traveled fee. For the pilot programs, there will be volunteers from all 50 states, including both passenger and commercial vehicles. The drivers would have their miles tracked with GPS and data apps, for example, that would track their miles driven for a certain time period."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You're right about that, Ann. The word is that they are moving all the Haitian refugees to the Dallas/ Ft. Worth area + of course putting them on the "free lunch" program to insure that they will vote Democrat. They are using every underhanded trick to turn Texas into a blue state. Oh, + as to that mileage tax; there will be different categories of vehicles taxed differently. Pickups = more than cars. Heaven knows what a semi will be charged. If it was to be a FAIR tax then it should only apply to electric cars, thus no dbl. taxation, but that makes sense so forget it. And every bit will only increase costs on all goods + services. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID! Like Will Rogers said, "There are folks in congress that shouldn't be allowed to play with matches."

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Randy,

I posted my thoughts on the current political/illegal issue in the Prepper Forum.

~Ann

Posts: 19148 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I’m sure it’s part of New Green BS pork stuck within thousands of pages.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sure, just like Pelosi just added pork in the way of gun control onto the defense spending bill.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann, I pulled it up + added a few thoughts myself.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doesn't surprise me and with NY banning gas cars, albeit in the future, so that could change. Fortunately, I have a 600 yard commute to work and a three year old vehicle with 7,500 miles on it. So won't affect me much, but I agree it's outrageous, especially since we all pay a gas tax already.

Posts: 9994 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My point exactly. Double taxation is not only wrong but illegal I believe. But then these days the Government doing as they please seems to be SOP.

One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
It is in the works as we speak. Here in Nevada for the last 2 years they have required you to list your milage for each vehicle you own on the renewal registration.
I'm sure here in rural Nevada we will fight it fiercely, up north here in Elko county we are hugely Republican but the shithole towns of Vegas and Reno do all the decision making due to our very modest population.
Anyway it is in the works and has to be stopped somehow.

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3069 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
My point exactly. Double taxation is not only wrong but illegal I believe. But then these days the Government doing as they please seems to be SOP.

But no more MEAN tweets!!!

~Ann

One of Us
Picture of MeMe
posted Hide Post
The mileage tax is due to the Electric Vehicles. In Ca we have a LOT of EVs. Need to get tax money to pay for the roads and High Speed trains to nowhere. Fuel use was way down in Ca during the hard lock down. Prices went up since Sept 15 in my area by 40 cents. Diesel should be $5.00 in the central valley in a few months. Regular is over $5.00 on hwy 101.

Posts: 360 | Location: California | Registered: 14 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And that's why the word is out to move to Texas where everything is cheaper. Well, it was until all the Californians started moving here + escalating the property values, making our taxes damned near unbearable.