Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bird Dog Peach Whiskey Login/Join 
one of us
posted
While replenishing the Tequila supply at the local, only 20 miles away (the joys of local option in Texas Mad ) , liquor store, I was checking out the bourbons as usual and spied a bottle of Bird Dog Peach flavored Bourbon. I had seen the ad in the DU mag and thought, "hmmm, might be a fun drink." So I bought a bottle ($20) and had a shot in a bordeaux glass as an after dinner drink the other night. In short, I liked it. Tasted really peachy, kind of like the taste you get as you eat a very sweet peach next to the pit. I imagine with a bit of experimenting, a very decent summer type cocktail could be made from it. Don't get me wrong, it isn't going to replace Jack Daniels or Jim Beam or any of the other great bourbons around, but well worth a try if you like flavored whiskeys for a change of pace.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds interesting. If our backassward liquor control board ever stocks this or if I am near a decent liquor store in NY I'll try it

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nashcat
posted Hide Post
Are you just now getting around to tasting peach whiskey? Folks around here have been making it for ages. Fine stuff to sip late in the evening.

John

Posts: 331 | Location: MiddleTennessee | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Never tried that, but I did have some very tasty peach 'shine while blue cat fishing the James River in VA one winter. It had a very clear peach flavor without the sweetness of a cheap schnapps. It made it twice around the boat before the jar was emptyFrowner

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1169 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Charlie, my next door neighbor built a still several years ago.He's dead now no stat of lim. ic null + void.He picked up the rotten peaches from my peach trees off the ground + made his brew.It registered 160 Proof + I know for a fact that it burned blue.Never tried it myself but the others that had said "It was he smoothest you've ever had, but then the mule kicked you in the head".

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Bird Dog Peach stuff is very good....... I'm amazed someone that likes Jack Daniels can appreciate it though Wink

Posts: 41768 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote