New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Birthday Everyone Login/Join 
one of us
posted
This was forwarded to me:

Happy Birthday Everyone. We are all 2018 today – Today the whole world is the same age.

Today is a very special day. It happens only once every 1,000 years. Your age + your year of birth = 2018.

This is true for everyone. It is both strange and inexplicable. Try it and see. It will not happen again for another 1,000 years.

So…..HAPPY BIRTHDAY everyone !!

Interesting, but I don't find this related to this day necessarily. Tomorrow my numbers will still add-up to 2018.

Posts: 13761 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Well I'll be damned,it worked.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Well I’ll be, I’m 18 again. Thanks.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doesn't work for me. Born in 1939, so I'm 78.
But it'll work after Monday.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Voodoo.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
just told my wife this and when she tried it said how the hell did you do that? told her i just figured it out by mistake. so far shes buying it. soon as she remembers i can't add 2 and 2 correctly shes gonna come after me. the bruises will be worth it though!

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MeMe
posted Hide Post
Worked for me. Not my daughter. It will work tomorrow on her birthday. Smiler

Posts: 360 | Location: California | Registered: 14 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
John,you will deserve all the bruises. This recalls to me when we were on the job in Round Rock,Tx. installing ductwork for the high school in 1980.We were working weekends to get the job done on time. This very well dressed black gent came up + wanted to ask if they could use the gym for some basketball practice.He started slipping in the mud + this other guy who was working there shouts out,"HA! Slip + bust your ass nigger!" I got him to shut up but in hindsight I considered him the ambasedor to Zimbabwe.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Ken, this is bizarre. Where did you hear about this, or are you the genius who came up with it?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16325 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
WOW! It sure does work! rotflmo In fact, it has worked for me every year since I was born! I could choose to be the same age as the current year! jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And it works next year, and the year after that.

1960+58=2018
1960+59=2019
1960+60=2020

Posts: 9970 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Another mathematical trick. Take the number of days in your birth month, subtract the number of days after your birthday and the result will be the date of your birthday. Works every time.

Big Grin

Mike

Posts: 21129 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Our friend Math.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't listen to them Bill. I came up with it on my own. Pure genius on my part. No help from anyone.

Posts: 13761 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
explaining to my wife that it is simply common sense/logic, not mathmatical genius on my part just earned me another bruise. thanks a lot! when i wake up in the middle of the night aching all over and shes waving the covers everywhere yelling "holy shit that stinks, cut another one and see what happens" i have come to accept, but this outburst was unfair.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
john c: rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
And it works next year, and the year after that.

1960+58=2018
1960+59=2019
1960+60=2020

And, it worked for every year BEFORE that! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow John,glad to see that you're living a typical married life.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i guess. she still questions how come one night we were driving home and got close and i had to stop and take a leak at the pasture and all the sheep backed up to the fence. she says i musta been baaaad

One of Us
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Works for me, now.
Must be this new-fangled maths thing.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
O.K. for those still feeling challenged please pull up Tom Lehrer on youtube.He is still a scream from the 60s.Always a break to see intelligent humor.Please enjoy if or not you have partaken before.Also any postings would be welcomed by all I can only assume.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, got ahead of myself. Tom's song is called "New Math".

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Another mathematical trick. Take the number of days in your birth month, subtract the number of days after your birthday and the result will be the date of your birthday. Works every time.

Big Grin

Worked for me and also for my late mother and father.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike McGuire:
quote:

Big Grin

Worked for me and also for my late mother and father.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What's your problem. I happen to know the birthdays of my late mother and father and so just used them to try two others.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike McGuire:
What's your problem. I happen to know the birthdays of my late mother and father and so just used them to try two others.

Sort of painful to spell it out for you. If you take the year you were born, add to that the number of years you have lived . . . surprise, surprise . . . that works out to be the current year. What year would you expect it to be? If you need more of an explanation, well I at least would not admit that publicly.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are dumber on this forum than Political.

But if you want to try yourself see if you can solve the three 2s problem in the thread I started.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As a side note I posted on this thread and completely ignored our differences on the Political forum. That is generally what happens on AR.

No wonder the word on you and Africa is bad news.

Grow a brain you fuckwit.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I need to grow a brain and you thought this was some mathematical riddle? You embarrass yourself mate.

rotflmo

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I need to grow a brain and you thought this was some mathematical riddle? You embarrass yourself mate.

rotflmo

Well you have told us you are the big brain so the Three 2s problem is waiting for you.

But we all know you are bullshit. When Blair 338RUM called you out on Buzz, Saeed's response was:

"At least he can post about Trump the right way." The African area knows you are a pain in the arse bull shitter. Compared to blokes like John Siegler and the late Allen Day you are a fuckwit.

Go and solve the simple maths problem I have posted. Surely with your connections we will have you post the answer real soon. Prove me wrong about you/

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
The "[a]t least he" was a reference to you mate . . . Wink

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The "[a]t least he" was a reference to you mate . . . Wink

I am afraid not old boy.

Blair 338RUM posted a derogatory comment on you and African.

Saeed responded with At least he post up the right stuff (or similar) about Trump etc.

Can't be me because as you know I am extreme pro Trump and like Saeed you are very anti Trump.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Tell you what, just get back to us when you figure out that when you add your age this year to your birth year it adds to the current year. That’s just embarrassing.

homer

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

rotflmo

I had forgotten this thread.

What is embarrassing is you thought I took it as a riddle. My thread on the maths problem would have told anyone else the deal.

Why don't you have a go at the maths problem on the thread next to this one on the "three 2s"