New
Find
Notify
Tools

All those illegals Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
So it sounds like millions more are going to be let in the rest of this year. Where are they going? I don't think any go to Canada.

I do know they are not the ones living in tents and shitting on the streets in urban America. Millions have come in already. All are supposedly destitute and repressed people that have nothing but the clothes on their backs yet when images of them are shown on TV they all look very well fed and dressed just as well. I have, to date, not seen a single one that looked like they were suffering true hardship.

Who is paying their bill? Where are they going?

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
So it sounds like millions more are going to be let in the rest of this year. Where are they going? I don't think any go to Canada.

I do know they are not the ones living in tents and shitting on the streets in urban America. Millions have come in already. All are supposedly destitute and repressed people that have nothing but the clothes on their backs yet when images of them are shown on TV they all look very well fed and dressed just as well. I have, to date, not seen a single one that looked like they were suffering true hardship.

They probably all working construction, landscaping, ag, manual labor in Florida is my guess. And the market is hot for workers.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:

They probably all working construction, landscaping, ag, manual labor in Florida is my guess. And the market is hot for workers.

Mike

So there are employers who are sounding for workers and taking them, correct? If so, it sounds like this has been well thought out and planned.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:

Mike

So there are employers who are sounding for workers and taking them, correct? If so, it sounds like this has been well thought out and planned.

https://www.migrationpolicy.or...-population/state/FL

This gives you the industries where illegals are employed

https://www.newamericaneconomy...cumented-immigrants/

Big chunk of core employees in many industries in Florida. Ain’t going to change anytime soon.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
This has been going on in Texas forever. Even when the wets get caught, they got sent back but nothing was done to the employer. If they were fined for it it might make a difference. I do like our governor's attitude though, he wants to bus them all to D.C. Hey Joe, you wanted them here, well here they are in YOUR town.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I encountered a lot of them in Oregon. Most were polite, good-natured and family oriented. And talk about workaholics. The guys in construction that I dealt with would be happy to work 10-hour days seven days a week.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
I encountered a lot of them in Oregon. Most were polite, good-natured and family oriented. And talk about workaholics. The guys in construction that I dealt with would be happy to work 10-hour days seven days a week.

Bill, lets not forget there are a lot of gang, drug and other criminal elements within these illegals. Plenty of Americans die as a result. Yeah but I am not curious about that. I am not complaining that they are not polite and hard working. First and foremost they are illegal. Most people here are polite and hard working. They aren't illegals either.

I know the illegals get quite a hand up as soon as they cross. They get medical treatment, food, housing, phones, free travel to where ever they want to go. I wonder where these illegals go, such as live, stay, hang their hat? They are not working on the ranches in my area. Crop harvests are all mechanized.

I see lots of complaints not only locally in the nearby city to me but everywhere of Americans claiming there is no where to live. No rents available, low inventory on available housing. This, yet the street people are not illegals.

I doubt many of the people coming across the border have notable skills which means low paid labor. How does a business owner do their books with paying cash wages and not running a payroll? I just don't see numbers adding up.

~Ann

one of us
posted Hide Post
Housekeeping services in the District of Columbia can not compete using native-born labor.

This should give us a clue...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14331 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:

Bill, lets not forget there are a lot of gang, drug and other criminal elements within these illegals. Plenty of Americans die as a result. Yeah but I am not curious about that. I am not complaining that they are not polite and hard working. First and foremost they are illegal. Most people here are polite and hard working. They aren't illegals either.

I know the illegals get quite a hand up as soon as they cross. They get medical treatment, food, housing, phones, free travel to where ever they want to go. I wonder where these illegals go, such as live, stay, hang their hat? They are not working on the ranches in my area. Crop harvests are all mechanized.

I see lots of complaints not only locally in the nearby city to me but everywhere of Americans claiming there is no where to live. No rents available, low inventory on available housing. This, yet the street people are not illegals.

I doubt many of the people coming across the border have notable skills which means low paid labor. How does a business owner do their books with paying cash wages and not running a payroll? I just don't see numbers adding up.

Ask and the irs/us government answers.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-ut...20and%20Taxation.pdf

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
Housekeeping services in the District of Columbia can not compete using native-born labor.

And this is also why I am curious because these jobs do not pay very much and yet these illegals do not live in tents pooping in the streets. And in seeing the TV coverage the vast majority of the illegals are single males. What's their secret?

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

And this is also why I am curious because these jobs do not pay very much and yet these illegals do not live in tents pooping in the streets. And in seeing the TV coverage the vast majority of the illegals are single males. What's their secret?

Hard work

Also they have a stronger community and social structure than us citizen on the marginal fringes of society.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE] And this is also why I am curious because these jobs do not pay very much and yet these illegals do not live in tents pooping in the streets. And in seeing the TV coverage the vast majority of the illegals are single males. What's their secret?[/QUOTE]

Lots of them are working in the construction industry in the DFW area, quite a few are living and working in our area, 40 miles south of Dallas many work as day laborers doing whatever for whomever for cash. Many landscape and construction clean up companies rely on these guys for labor. I’ve tried lately to hire them to clear fence lines, they demand $25.00 per hour plus lunch. I won’t do that. As for housing; one will rent a house or mobile home and have 8-10 others move in. Pretty cheap housing per person.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2723 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
As for housing; one will rent a house or mobile home and have 8-10 others move in.

I don't see how they do this? One, according to lots of complaints by the public, there are no rentals available. Two, who would rent to someone that is illegal doing day jobs? Does not sound reliable.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
As for housing; one will rent a house or mobile home and have 8-10 others move in.

I don't see how they do this? One, according to lots of complaints by the public, there are no rentals available. Two, who would rent to someone that is illegal doing day jobs? Does not sound reliable.

How they do it??? They pay cash to landlords that care only about the cash coming in. Search slumlords in Dallas, try Topletz or Patel for starters, there are hundreds of similar landlords. There are lots of “rentals” available if you don’t mind leaky roofs, broken windows, no heat or A/C, etc.. Also, illegals tend to not complain.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2723 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
quote:
quote:

How they do it??? They pay cash to landlords that care only about the cash coming in. Search slumlords in Dallas, try Topletz or Patel for starters, there are hundreds of similar landlords. There are lots of “rentals” available if you don’t mind leaky roofs, broken windows, no heat or A/C, etc.. Also, illegals tend to not complain.

I reckon if the roof leaked they'd just fix it, eh?

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
And this is also why I am curious because these jobs do not pay very much and yet these illegals do not live in tents pooping in the streets. And in seeing the TV coverage the vast majority of the illegals are single males. What's their secret?[/QUOTE]

Lots of them are working in the construction industry in the DFW area, quite a few are living and working in our area, 40 miles south of Dallas many work as day laborers doing whatever for whomever for cash. Many landscape and construction clean up companies rely on these guys for labor. I’ve tried lately to hire them to clear fence lines, they demand $25.00 per hour plus lunch. I won’t do that. As for housing; one will rent a house or mobile home and have 8-10 others move in. Pretty cheap housing per person.[/QUOTE]

$25 an hour for manual labor is crazy. It’s also why I have very cautious about investing in land or hunting property on requiring labor to do work on the land.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As of today, Governor Abbott has sent off the 4th bus of illegals to D.C. Biden doesn't like it + Abbott could care less what he likes.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
As of today, Governor Abbott has sent off the 4th bus of illegals to D.C. Biden doesn't like it + Abbott could care less what he likes.

It is a joke. Everything on illegal immigration and the border is political theatrics. Does not address reality.

1.7 illegal aliens in Texas - probably 30 percent of construction and 20 percent of low skill service sector.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
$25 an hour for manual labor is crazy. It’s also why I have very cautious about investing in land or hunting property on requiring labor to do work on the land.

Mike

Mike, if you own land trust me you will need to work on it. I have to say I do enjoy it and will do it as long as I possibly can. If labor of brush cutting, mowing, fencing, etc does not appeal then you are better off just paying for outfitted hunts or lease fees.

Used to be you could hire a bunch of teens to come and do brush clearing, etc for minimum wage. None of them work anymore. Mommy and daddy pays for everything they want.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The days of the cheap wetback labor are gone I fear. They are still hanging around the Home Depots, etc. as day labor but as everything else has gone up, they want more too but I agree that $25.00 is completely out of line. And yes they are notorious for one renting a trailer then another 12 or 15 moving in. Happens all the time + damned near ALL the money gets sent back to Mexico. Admirable taking care of family; to a point. But those of us who live here legally are being forced to shoulder the additional tax burden of those who come, work for cash, + take advantage of all of our health + social services, again at our expene.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
The days of the cheap wetback labor are gone I fear. They are still hanging around the Home Depots, etc. as day labor but as everything else has gone up, they want more too but I agree that $25.00 is completely out of line. And yes they are notorious for one renting a trailer then another 12 or 15 moving in. Happens all the time + damned near ALL the money gets sent back to Mexico. Admirable taking care of family; to a point. But those of us who live here legally are being forced to shoulder the additional tax burden of those who come, work for cash, + take advantage of all of our health + social services, again at our expene.

What social service are Mexican illegal immigrants getting ?

Food stamps ?
Cash welfare ?

Mike

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I know for a fact they get free health care in CA. They just show up at an ER and whatever needs attention gets fixed for free. I’ve seen it way too many times…..

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Food stamps ?
Cash welfare ?

Mike

I just saw something on the news that COVID money is now being used to give illegals college scholarships.

I'm unsure why some of y'all think illegals are all about making their own way. Maybe they used to but not for a long time now. Not since political parties have decided they could be useful. That's why the problem is never stopped.

~Ann

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
I know for a fact they get free health care in CA. They just show up at an ER and whatever needs attention gets fixed for free. I’ve seen it way too many times…..

Works the same way for Anglos...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14331 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Neither party wants to fix immigration. Its too valuable an issue when it comes to election time. A pox on both their houses. Lived in Switzerland for many years. Their guest worker program is a model of efficiency. Guest workers apply and get approval to work in the country. They have equal protection, rights and benefits under the law. Done deal. They do not bring their families. Such a program along with the legal immigration that we do allow would solve the issue. The underlying issue is the low white birth rate. Politicians scaring us about the browning of the US has nothing to do with Mexicans. White America is not replacing itself. It would rather make money and vacation. Get tired of half truths and no truths coming out of the mouths of our politicians. Bull shitters all of them.

Posts: 1312 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Immigrants to Canada?, Canadians need to live in fear!

The population of Canada is 38 million, and if the US sends the 2 million illegals that entered in 2021

https://www.borderreport.com/h...-for-repeat-in-2022/

and keeps it up, in ten years, the illegals will have 51% of the vote in Canada. I expect well before then, Canadians will be acting very illiberal.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

What is percentage of illegals at California emergency rooms - I will be much smaller than regular Americans on absolute and relative basis.

They are younger, healthier and less likely to seem any service that attracts law enforcement/ state/ regulatory.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Food stamps ?
Cash welfare ?

Mike

I just saw something on the news that COVID money is now being used to give illegals college scholarships.

I'm unsure why some of y'all think illegals are all about making their own way. Maybe they used to but not for a long time now. Not since political parties have decided they could be useful. That's why the problem is never stopped.

Any source to illegals getting Covid college money or rumor as fact.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JonP:
Neither party wants to fix immigration. Its too valuable an issue when it comes to election time. A pox on both their houses. Lived in Switzerland for many years. Their guest worker program is a model of efficiency. Guest workers apply and get approval to work in the country. They have equal protection, rights and benefits under the law. Done deal. They do not bring their families. Such a program along with the legal immigration that we do allow would solve the issue. The underlying issue is the low white birth rate. Politicians scaring us about the browning of the US has nothing to do with Mexicans. White America is not replacing itself. It would rather make money and vacation. Get tired of half truths and no truths coming out of the mouths of our politicians. Bull shitters all of them.

If white women breed at 1.8 and everyone wants their stocks to go up, real estate to be worth more, someone to care for older parents they have shifted off to nursing homes, Medicare and social security. Someone needs to fill the gap.

We have still not come to the issues of terrible science and math across us native born population, shortage of medical professionals, shortage of unskilled and skilled labor and good segment of us population out of labor force.

There will be immigration and decline of us white population - it is fundamental reality for foreseeable future.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Damn good eye sight seeing things in California all the way from Georgia.

Sounds like a lot of rumors, conspiracy theories and urban legends.

Most of the homeless Americans wouldn't take a job if you handed it to them. Dallas has plenty of "homeless" standing on street corners begging with cardboard signs while stores and businesses are hiring left and right. The hardcore homeless want enough for their next drug fix. No one in their right mind would hire them.

Posts: 13760 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Works the same way for Anglos...

The difference is the Anglos paid the taxes that support the free healthcare. The illegals didn’t…….

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jerry makes an excellent point there. Look at the massive cost of health care. It's insane.

I think a lot of you get wrapped up in the "well they are nice people, just want to work". I don't think anyone has a problem with that except they are here illegally and are NOT contributing to the economy in the same way as a taxed American. I do think if there is a need, there is a job, then bring them in legally and get them on the tax rolls. They stay as long as they have jobs, no welfare of any sort. Apply to be a citizen. Follow the law of the land, etc.

On to our own portion of lazy ass citizenry. Just as disturbing to me, always has been but they are being encouraged to be this way by the same people who won't deal with the illegal issue and proper legislation. This doesn't benefit anyone of any flavor/skin color.

We have a lot of problems and I only seeing it get worse.

~Ann

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
quote:

Damn good eye sight seeing things in California all the way from Georgia.

Sounds like a lot of rumors, conspiracy theories and urban legends.

Most of the homeless Americans wouldn't take a job if you handed it to them. Dallas has plenty of "homeless" standing on street corners begging with cardboard signs while stores and businesses are hiring left and right. The hardcore homeless want enough for their next drug fix. No one in their right mind would hire them.

How do I know what happens with healthcare in CA from GA? I practiced medicine there for 35 years, asshole!! I left there the day after I retired, took the money and ran. And I can guarantee that the percentage of illegals in ER’s was a significant number. I lived for 15 years in San Diego. We regularly had pregnant women who arrived in the OB ward with hand drawn maps showing the location of various hospitals in the county. They spoke no English, had no husband/ sperm donor, but within 24 hours, they had a brand new citizen/anchor baby.At least twice a week, I did anesthesia for illegals for free due to traumatic injuries from car wrecks. It’s what happens when you cram 8-15 illegals into a beat up van. I’ve seen it and lived it for way too long. Any Level 1 trauma sees this type of mess every single day. coffee

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jerry makes an excellent point there. Look at the massive cost of health care. It's insane.

I think a lot of you get wrapped up in the "well they are nice people, just want to work". I don't think anyone has a problem with that except they are here illegally and are NOT contributing to the economy in the same way as a taxed American. I do think if there is a need, there is a job, then bring them in legally and get them on the tax rolls. They stay as long as they have jobs, no welfare of any sort. Apply to be a citizen. Follow the law of the land, etc.

On to our own portion of lazy ass citizenry. Just as disturbing to me, always has been but they are being encouraged to be this way by the same people who won't deal with the illegal issue and proper legislation. This doesn't benefit anyone of any flavor/skin color.

What is healthcare cost of illegal immigration?

https://undocumented.thehastin...ief/health-care-use/

They use less healthcare than US residents.

I don’t illegal immigrants are driving healthcare cost when there is a pool of 30 mil plus uninsured Americans.

Do you support Obamacare that has brought in 20 mil plus from uninsured to insured.

All those illegal immigrants going to their jobs ect are driving on us roads. Many of the states have created mechanisms for illegal aliens to buy cars and get auto insurance.

The irs has created a whole mechanism for illegal immigrants to pay taxes.

Why is the government collecting revenue from illegal aliens.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

The bottom 50 percent of us tax payers pay little in income tax

https://taxfoundation.org/publ...ral-income-tax-data/

Bottom 50 percent pays 3 percent of taxes.

The tax paying American only applies to 50 percent of tax payers.

https://www.ntu.org/foundation...ho-pays-income-taxes

Most illegal aliens are alongside side with 50 percent of taxpayers - irrelevant to us treasury. Relevant to us economy for unskilled labor.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Many of the states have created mechanisms for illegal aliens to buy cars and get auto insurance.

If you think the vast majority of illegals in CA buy cars and then auto insurance, I seriously want some of what you’re smoking…. rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Many of the states have created mechanisms for illegal aliens to buy cars and get auto insurance.

If you think the vast majority of illegals in CA buy cars and then auto insurance, I seriously want some of what you’re smoking…. rotflmo

Then every traffic stop should result in a criminal violation. How do illegal alien renew their auto without insurance.

If they don’t drive it is irrelevant. Just get to their job and stay off the roads.

In Florida cops can run any plate and see it’s insurance status. Auto registration and insurance are tied.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Then every traffic stop should result in a criminal violation. How do illegal alien renew their auto without insurance.

If they don’t drive it is irrelevant. Just get to their job and stay off the roads.

In Florida cops can run any plate and see it’s insurance status. Auto registration and insurance are tied.

Proof of financial responsibility is required in Texas as well, usually proven by liability insurance. Problem is, they pay a $39.00 down payment for liability insurance and never make another payment. Law enforcement can check insurance status here as well, and they do when they have time and if the system shows no or expired insurance, they have the vehicle towed. But they can’t check every car on the road. I had 4 collisions during my career with the City of Dallas, in every one of them I was struck from the rear by a Hispanic driver who fled…that is their culture. All were located, none had insurance (and nothing happened to them).
As for registration renewal or state safety inspection, proof of insurance is required but, again, $39.00 to one of the dozens of “insurance” companies that cater to this segment of the population and they are good to go. Lots of used car dealers in Dallas advertise and sell to these people with no gov ID (or a fake one).

Karl Evans

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Proof of financial responsibility is required in Texas as well, usually proven by liability insurance. Problem is, they pay a $39.00 down payment for liability insurance and never make another payment. Law enforcement can check insurance status here as well, and they do when they have time and if the system shows no or expired insurance, they have the vehicle towed. But they can’t check every car on the road. I had 4 collisions during my career with the City of Dallas, in every one of them I was struck from the rear by a Hispanic driver who fled…that is their culture. All were located, none had insurance (and nothing happened to them).
As for registration renewal or state safety inspection, proof of insurance is required but, again, $39.00 to one of the dozens of “insurance” companies that cater to this segment of the population and they are good to go. Lots of used car dealers in Dallas advertise and sell to these people with no gov ID (or a fake one).

Yep. You can’t stop a van just for the hell of it. As long as they drive the speed limit, no stop, no insurance check, no nothing. Hell, in GA they don’t require proof of insurance to renew a car registration. In CA , they bend over backwards to facilitate the illegals, not enforce the almost nonexistent laws….. Been there, seen that. Welcome to the welfare state

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/0...nted-immigrants.html

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's pretty clear who hires illegals by the responses on this topic.

~Ann