Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thanks to the driver…… Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Just wanted to thank the idiot from yesterday. I had the unfortunate experience of shopping at Sam’s Club. I usually park far and away from everyone else. This time was no different.

Afterwards, we went to another store and when I stepped out noticed a big scrape on the rear quarter panel and part of the molding was damaged (it was my wife’s 2021 4-Runner).

I guess there is not much of a point to my post, other than some whining from my part. However, it amazes me that people do not have the decency to be accountable for running into a vehicle. I doubt Sam’s has camera footage since I was on the far end of the parking lot.

I guess I’ll just pay the $500 deductible and be glad I have insurance Roll Eyes

Posts: 2638 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
However, it amazes me that people do not have the decency to be accountable for running into a vehicle.

I guess I’ll just pay the $500 deductible and be glad I have insurance Roll Eyes

Agree. A week ago we had a heavy rain storm just as it was getting dark, and I was driving my new 2021 Silverado (with slightly over 5000 miles on the odometer) on a busy major surface street with traffic bumper-to-bumper. A woman passed me and cut me off, hitting the front corner of my truck.

Police were notified, but she became belligerent, accused me of drifting into her lane, and since it was dark, heavy traffic, no witnesses, and my word against hers, no citation was issued.

I spent 20+ years in the Army in the Military Police Corps, ran traffic accident investigation units at several installations and supervised TAI instruction at the MP school. It was clearly her fault, but I also know that absent credible evidence, liability could not be proven.

The damage to my vehicle was minor and I have a $1000 deductible, so I'll be paying the body shop out of my pocket.

Such is life . . . .

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1540 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post
I see a lot cars with dash cams. Reasonably priced and they record every thing.

Posts: 1066 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
My son, who is also an attorney, has dash cams on all of his cars for that very reason. Sad to see that some of you have experienced damage to brand new vehicles. I too, park way out for the same reason!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Would a dash cam have caught Jason P's event? "Rear quarter panel" doesn't sound like something a dash cam might witness. Frustrating!

Posts: 13760 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nvmichael:
I see a lot cars with dash cams. Reasonably priced and they record every thing.

Most parking lots have surveillance camera these days.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1577 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Our house is on a main road.

We have a gate on the main road, and a gate on a side road.

It is more convenient for us to use the side road, as there is a junction on that road which allows us to go in both direction.

Both gates are operated remotely by remotes in our cars.

One day I was coming back home, and could see a large double cabin American made truck parked in front of our gate on the main road.

I went and left on a note on the windshield "PLEASE DON'T PARK HERE. THIS GATE IS IN CONSTANT USE"

That truck was parked there all day, and eventually it left.

A few days later, same thing happened.

I went to have a look.

The stupid idiot had a visiting card displayed inside but visible, that said MUNICIPALITY ENGINEER.

No name.

Things is there is no municipality work around there at all.

And I think the inconsiderate idiot was our place for long term parking.

A friend was with me, and he laughed, saying "how are you going to deal with him?"

I said "just watch"

Went back inside, printed AS YOU HAVE BEEN A BLOODY INCONSEDERATE IDIOT. THIS IS JUST A WARNING. WANT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT, PARK HERE AGAIN.

This was printed on an A4 page in big letters.

I taped the paper on the outside of the windshield, in front of the driver.

Then I got a can or red paint, and sprayed the whole windshield!

My friends was laughing so much, saying "Someone is going to learn a very hard lesson!"

Never saw him again.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66755 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo clap Don't mess with Mr. Nice Guy! rotflmo clap

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
tu2 tu2

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
Would a dash cam have caught Jason P's event? "Rear quarter panel" doesn't sound like something a dash cam might witness. Frustrating!

Ken:

Although I can see the benefit of dash cam's, I do not believe it would have worked in the case.

As I was at the far end of the lot, with the damage on the opposite side from the store, I doubt a camera could have caught it.

I guess you can laugh at me a bit because I always (usually) park away from cars to avoid this type of accident. Unfortunately, the method does not always work!

Posts: 2638 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Here's a true story from last spring, I know both the driver and his father.

The driver is a good kid, and a bit of an electronics geek and not unsurprisingly works in IT. Well, he bought a Tesla a couple years ago now and this spring was visiting/hanging out in the city with a friend of his at the friends place and someone in a van hits his car & drives off. Apparently Teslas have at least 4 cameras and motion/shock sensors that go off and notify the driver if it senses a collision, so his phone goes off, they go out and sure enough his car has been hit. The video cameras run constantly and save the video but unfortunately the van had one of those clear polarized plastic covers over the front plate, so they call the cops and cops show up to file the report but there's no image of the plate so they just tell him to file it with his insurance. Anyway, since his friend was also an IT geek with money for toys, it turns out he has a drone so they send the drone up and scout the neighborhood AND FIND THE DAMN VAN! So they drive over, take pics of the van and plate and damage to the van then call the cops again. Haven't seen him to ask how it's turned out. OH, also told the son a joke he hadn't heard before:
Q: what do you call a Tesla that's been stolen?
A: An Edison

Son thought it was funny too.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7756 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
NICE! In this day + time, it is always refreshing when there is a bit of REAL justice.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Years ago I was living in a rented house.

One day I arrived and saw some had sprayed graffiti on my boundary wall. There was an o-en space of roughly 100 yards, and another house across.

The lady who lived in there saw them, and wrote down their registration number.

A friend of mine, who works for CID, lived down the road.

I called him and told him what happened, and asked if he could find out who the culprits are.

He did.

He even had a plain patrol car check when they are home.

Got a piece of paper and wrote DON’T SPRAY PEOPLES HOUSE AGAIN.

And left it under the wind wipers.

I then used several cans of paint, and sprayed their car.

My friend from CID was wondering if they would report me.

Then we all thought they most probably won’t!

They know who did it.

They know he found them, so he must have connections.

Graffiti is very rare here.

May be this is why! clap

Posts: 66755 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Years ago I was living in a rented house.

One day I arrived and saw some had sprayed graffiti on my boundary wall. There was an o-en space of roughly 100 yards, and another house across.

The lady who lived in there saw them, and wrote down their registration number.

A friend of mine, who works for CID, lived down the road.

I called him and told him what happened, and asked if he could find out who the culprits are.

He did.

He even had a plain patrol car check when they are home.

Got a piece of paper and wrote DON’T SPRAY PEOPLES HOUSE AGAIN.

And left it under the wind wipers.

I then used several cans of paint, and sprayed their car.

My friend from CID was wondering if they would report me.

Then we all thought they most probably won’t!

They know who did it.

They know he found them, so he must have connections.

Graffiti is very rare here.

May be this is why! clap

jumping

DRSS

Posts: 1892 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Lester Brooks
posted Hide Post
I bought a '95 Dodge 1 ton diesel PU to pull my 5th Wheel trailer. I stopped at a Walmart and park out as far as I could with no one parked close. My wife goes into the store to buy food and I stayed in the PU. A woman was parked a couple rolls straight ahead and when she left she backed up until she hit my truck bumper. I checked the bumper and no bad dents, so she left the site. I had ONLY HAD 15 MILES ON A NEW TRUCK. Parking a way out is not safe either!!!

Posts: 89 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 December 2021Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My wife was sitting in a parking lot.

When a very distinct pickup pulled up behind and parked.

She was busy catching up the check book.

She thought she felt then truck move and heard a small noise. The truck left.

When she got out she walked around back and saw the hitch adapter and ball was gone.

She called me and asked if it had been on there.

I told her yes.

So the guy in the other truck stole it while she was sitting there.

I had her call the local PD the chief came out.

Yes a small town and small department.

She told him what happen.

He said I well be right back 15 min. later he returned with my adapter and ball.

The truck was well known.

My wife told him not to press charges.

I would have.

The kids story was a friend who had a truck just like mine.

Told him he could use his adapter and ball Roll Eyes

The idea the one would steal a 15 dollar item at the time. Seem strange to me.

But then I really know that crooks go to far greater lengths.

To commit crime then if they went about them honestly.

Heck if he would have asked I just might of borrowed it to him.

Posts: 19313 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
O.K., beating a dead horse here. When I had my Jeep stolen on my property, the law would do NOTHING! I lost 10K + NOTHING was done in any f0rm of compression However, had I shot the thief, I would have been the criminal. Stupid Shit!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Our police force has a whole fleet of exotic cars.

Ferraris, Porches, Lamborghini, etc.

All confiscated from stupid drivers.

Boy racers do silly things late at night.

Then they made a law, where anyone caught exceeding the speed limit by 100 kilometers, his car is confiscated.

For good!

Funny thing is they keep getting new cars quite often.

Stupid kids, as all traffic radar locations are visible on the GPS!

Even on desert roads.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Stupid kids, as all traffic radar locations are visible on the GPS!

With way to much of daddies money.

Posts: 19313 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote