Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

About tresspassing? Login/Join 
one of us
posted
I have a lot near Cedar Creek lake in Texas. I pay my dues to the owners association. Last year they mowed my lot twice without my permission, once in November and then again in December 20 days later. I paid my $92. in dues and paid for them mowing the lot the first time as mowing a month later in December just to rip me off wasn't going to fly. I wrote them a letter saying not to mow my property without my permission again. I get my statement a couple days again and they charged me $72. to mow a tree covered 50x100 foot lot that grass only grows in the right of ways, 10 minutes no more, in October. They sent me no notice. Then they mowed it again in November 30 days later and charged me $50. I'm pretty sure I don't have to pay for the mowing and I would like to file tresspassing on who ever mowed the lot or who told them to do it. A Mr. Boone I believe. The bill is proof of tresspassing. This lot is in the county and the bitch is that I can't get a key to the boat ramp if the HOA isn't happy with me. Any thoughts.

Leftists are intellectually vacant, but there is no greater pleasure than tormenting the irrational.

Posts: 2899 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
No thoughts, just typical homeowner's association bull shit. You could consider going to a local justice court to try to seek an order enjoining them from entering on your property without your permission, and/or without reasonable notice to you.

Go to Ace hardware and you can get what I call a universal key....a bolt cutter.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Couple of thoughts: 1) Get on the HOA board then try to change some of the bullshit rules. 2) Move.

Posts: 1118 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The interesting thing about this HOA is it's obvious lack of integrity. About 30 people vote as more than half the people that own property there don't live near there, you have to be present to vote on anything. Secondly you have to be in "Good standing" with the present board which is a decision they make regardless if your dies are paid up. I think I'll give them a hard time, put up a sign saying I question the integrity of the IHOA and Mr. Boone. See what happens.

Leftists are intellectually vacant, but there is no greater pleasure than tormenting the irrational.

One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
If you're a member, you signed paperwork and agreed to certain things. I recommend trying to sort things out peacefully before getting adversarial about it.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wino
posted Hide Post
Next time your down there, drive some rebar in the ground and let the tails stick up 6 inches. hammering

"Earth First, we'll mine the other planets later"
"Strip mining prevents forest fires"

Posts: 2407 | Location: smokey southren humboldt county nevada | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wino:
Next time your down there, drive some rebar in the ground and let the tails stick up 6 inches. hammering

Yeah, and get ready for a lien on the property until the mower rebuild is payed for.

I'm a roofing contractor and I've seen some sorted things go on in battles with HOAs. The HOA nearly always wins and proceeds to make life sucky for anyone that bucks.

My advice is to get along as best you can with them.

Posts: 3167 | Location: out behind the barn | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wino
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, and get ready for a lien on the property until the mower rebuild is payed for.

I'm a roofing contractor and I've seen some sorted things go on in battles with HOAs. The HOA nearly always wins and proceeds to make life sucky for anyone that bucks.

My advice is to get along as best you can with them.
No way in hell would I put up with extortion on a piece of property I own. Maybe rebar was a little harsh, but some roundup would probally do the trick. pissersshame

"Earth First, we'll mine the other planets later"
"Strip mining prevents forest fires"

Posts: 2407 | Location: smokey southren humboldt county nevada | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I never signed any paperwork with this HOA, it was created after I bought my property. Stealing and tresspassing are against the law. Don't you feel the property owner has some rights?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Code Enforcement
Expand/Contract Questions and Answers

1. Can I park my vehicle on the grass?
No, vehicles must be parked on an improved surface, concrete, in the front or side yard.
2. Can you make my neighbor mow their grass?
Yes, City Ordinance requires that weeds and grass be maintained at a height not exceeding twelve (12) inches.
3. Do I need a permit to have a garage sale? Where can I place garage sale signs?

Looks to me like Cedar Cr. HOA just enforcing the city ordinances......also some subdivisions not necessarily HOA members. Think, stay below 12" vegetation height & you might be OK.

Posts: 866 | Location: Puget Sound country | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray. Cedar Creek is a lake. The HOA and my property are in the county, no city ordinances. I didn't say I wouldn't or haven't mowed my small strip of grass that is in the right of way. There is no grass under the trees. I told these people to stay off my property. I pay my regular dues. They are ripping me off. No where else on earth that I know of is it legal to mow someones grass and send them a bill without permission. Mowing grass here in October, November and December is absolutely unneeded. We have been in a drought for several years and I don't water.

One of Us
Picture of Nanook 450
posted Hide Post
Get a lot in Marble Falls, call Barry at Hulsey Burton Realty - on the water and we don't do that crap.

Posts: 247 | Location: Norman, OK & Marble Falls, TX | Registered: 29 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Put a game camera activated by motion in one of your trees. Make sure you put it high enough they can't knock it down easily..
I used to live in 76009. I rather liked it.

Andy

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote