THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Does Anyone Still Eat An Egg Everyday

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does Anyone Still Eat An Egg Everyday Login/Join 
one of us
posted
https://www.foodnetwork.com/he...o-eat-eggs-every-day When I was a kid. "Bacon & Eggs" was breakfast, at least six days a week. A fried egg and for a change once in a while a poached egg, or scrambled eggs. Once in a blue moon I would get sausage instead of bacon. Maybe on a holiday we would have pancakes or sausage gravy & biscuits.

Now I'm getting fed granola and yogurt. Once a week I slip out of the house and have a fried egg over medium with bacon and one pancake. Real Food.

Granola & Yogurt....no wonder I'm getting old. I need someone to talk to my wife.

Posts: 13760 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I eat eggs all the time.

Boiled eggs.

Sunny side eggs on toast.

Omelette with chopped potatoes, onions and green chilis.

Omelette with tomatoes and green Chili’s.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a yard full of chickens, so I eat eggs all the time. After you eat eggs from true free ranging chickens, there is no going back to grocery store eggs.

"For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind..."
Hosea 8:7

Posts: 579 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 January 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
used to eat scrambled 6 days a week when I was trqaveling to work, now that I'm home, maybe 1-2 days a week (weekends)

Posts: 6361 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hogfarmer:
I have a yard full of chickens, so I eat eggs all the time. After you eat eggs from true free ranging chickens, there is no going back to grocery store eggs.

Once upon a time, we did too. We also lived up the road from an Amish family from whom we bought fresh whole milk. Angel food cake...

Eggs on Sundays these days, and not fresh from under a hen.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14331 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have two eggs over easy, two slices of bacon, two patties of sausage and a slice of toast most everyday. My neighbor raises chickens and those home grown eggs are soooooooo much better than store bought!

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love eggs. Generally fried, over easy or over medium if it's an egg sandwich, popular for a mid-morning snack on safari. Omelette is great too.

Growing up, I came home from my morning workout before school and breakfast was either six eggs, either fried, scrambled or in an omelette, or half a pan of biscuits and gravy. Plus bacon or sausage. Amazing I've lived to this point.

Posts: 9951 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since we're talking eggs,

Anyone noticed that the eggs in Africa have very pale yolks? Still taste the same, but I'm told it has to do with the level of protein in the feed. Anyone know the facts on that?

Posts: 9951 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Yep, the protein in our (Texas chickens eggs) are far superior to any other 3rd world countries attempt. But then we alternate their feeding with scratch + grain.The rule of thumb is the more dark the yolk , the more protein.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
Eat home grown eggs all the time, fried, scrambled boiled, omelettes etc. etc. I have two neighbors who give me eggs all the time. Sometimes they are still warm from under the chicken and they have way more flavor and the yellows are a lot more darker than store bought.

Steve....

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Normal egg yolks are naturally a deep orange color. You only get this with birds allowed to run pasture.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Yep, the protein in our (Texas chickens eggs) are far superior to any other 3rd world countries attempt. But then we alternate their feeding with scratch + grain.The rule of thumb is the more dark the yolk , the more protein.

Bug meat?

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14331 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WoodHunter
posted Hide Post
6 this morning scrambled with diced ham and onions.

We have chickens, they roam the 2 acre orchard all day. I was mowing yesterday, they followed me like a flock of buzzards catching bugs and worms turned up behind the mower.

12 to 14 eggs per day in the nest boxes. Extra large.

Quiche tonight, orchard fresh eggs!!! Yep, bright orange/yellow yokes.

Posts: 1445 | Location: Running With The Hounds | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
For the better part of my youth my breakfast was 6 raw eggs, a little milk, and a banana in a blender made into a creamy milkshake.

Somehow I never got salmonella but had some paint peeling farts.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7573 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes. I easily go through 3 to 4 dozen eggs a week.

Posts: 1235 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry I even brought the subject up. You guys are pissin' me off.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
if I have to eat any more eggs I'm gonna puke.

I don't have any chickens [and apparently I don't need any]
it seems like I have at least 2-3 dozen brown, green, and white eggs in the fridge at all times.
can't get rid of the damn things fast enough.

Posts: 4962 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
O.K. Ken, try this recipe on for size. I started cooking this myself when I was a kid. 2 poached eggs (in the little cups) but after buttering + before adding the eggs put in slices of "Old El Paso" green chili slices, so they will bake into the egg. Lay the poached eggs on toast + cover with a can of wolf brand chili + topped with grated cheddar cheese. Enjoy!!!

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don’t do breakfast. It is an alien concept for me. Like mopane fire it is something done on safari.

I rarely eat eggs for anything breakfast related.

I do like eggs in meals.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I was in England in 1968.

We lived in a house full of students.

And as usual, no money.

One day we were all talking about food.

The girls said they only had eggs.

One thing led to another, and I said I will eat all the eggs they had.

Off they went, and a bit later they came back with 13 hard boiled eggs.

No going back.

I ate the lot.

Felt a bit funny afterwards, but we all laughed about it.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I eat eggs with bacon or sausage two or three times a week. Miss our chickens, especially the Buff Orpingtons.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I was in England in 1968.

We lived in a house full of students.

And as usual, no money.

One day we were all talking about food.

The girls said they only had eggs.

One thing led to another, and I said I will eat all the eggs they had.

Off they went, and a bit later they came back with 13 hard boiled eggs.

No going back.

I ate the lot.

Felt a bit funny afterwards, but we all laughed about it.

Coolhand Saeed

http://youtu.be/SMaYCguBHAA

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7573 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Norman, I swear to God I'm gonna puke.

Our poached egg as a kid, was to take a cereal bowl, tear up a piece of bread in the bottom of it, chop up a poached egg so the yoke got spread around on the bread chunks, pour ketchup on it. then mix thoroughly; and there you go.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ken, its actually very good if you like Texas spicy + I assume you do but lots of folks have other tastes. I have a friend that likes peanut butter + mayonnaise sandwiches + the very thought sickens me. O.K. a short bit of humor. Guy goes into a cafe for breakfast + the waitress asks him how he likes his eggs + he replies, "I like them" Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
I like eggs for breakfast but limit myself to once a week for heart health. Once a month I help cook breakfast for our men's prayer breakfast. Scrambled eggs, eggs sunny side up. Bacon, sausage, gravy, grits and big bisquits. Jelly, jam, and molasses. I eat like a rough neck on a drilling rig on that day.

My step dad was a farmer all his life. Said when he was growing up for breakfast at 4 AM they had eggs, sausage, bacon and ham. Home made bread and bisquits, gravy and real butter from their cow. But on Sunday morning they had a real treat........Post Toasties !

Craftsman

Posts: 1530 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OMG, save me from Post Toasties. I still eat those previous breakfasts on occasion as that was how we were raised to eat + thus how our tastes find pleasing. But anymore I have to cut way back for the cholesterol issue.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Ken, its actually very good if you like Texas spicy + I assume you do but lots of folks have other tastes. I have a friend that likes peanut butter + mayonnaise sandwiches + the very thought sickens me. O.K. a short bit of humor. Guy goes into a cafe for breakfast + the waitress asks him how he likes his eggs + he replies, "I like them" + the waitress then says: “how do you like them cooked?” + he says: “I like them that way best!” Big Grin

hilbily

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36416 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
On weekends only. I like over easy with a little Tabasco Sauce. I eat the whites only, then mix more Tabasco into the yolks and soak that up with toast. I like washing it all down with Coca-Cola, but I’m trying to cut sodas from my diet. It’s not easy. Now it’s coffee. I like bacon to be slightly crispy. Dang that’s a good breakfast.

Posts: 7467 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I was a kid I cooked my own eggs on occasion. 2 poached eggs (with a slice of old el paso green chilies in the poaching cup so it bakes into the eggs) lay on toast + cover with wolf brand chili + top with grated cheese.