THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    where can I buy Apricot Schnapps in the USA?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

where can I buy Apricot Schnapps in the USA? Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted
that is...schnapps made by fermenting & double distilling apricots...also known as Eau de Vie-Apricot

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A pretty serious internet search indicates that PROBABLY the only place you can buy it in the US is in NY, mostly NYC. Blume Marillen has varying prices but the best seems to be about $35/750ml. There is also Hans Reisetbauer (reputedly the best or among the best apricot eau de vie) for about $90/375ml.

The problem is that, AFAICT, they won't or can't ship spirits out of state. So......if you REALLY want it, plan a road trip to NYC, or have someone you know there ship some to you (probably illegally).

I THINK Haus Alpenz imports it, you might call them and see if there is anyone elsewhere who carries it. +1-612-414-0022, info@alpenz.com
You'd think some other seller, somewhere in the US would have it. Hard to believe there isn't some available on the left coast somewhere.

PS: FWIW H. Alpenz says that Young's Market in Phoenix is one of their distributors. Digging further, a visit to Young's site SAYS that they represent Blume Marillen. That's the best I can do without being paid. Smiler Call them, 602 353 6765.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Really good info Gato...thank you very much. I'll give them all a try.

BTW several liquor stores in California who ship to almost every state in the U.S. do carry the Turkish apricot Eau de Vie. If all else fails, I'll try it but it's not as good on my palate as the Austrian varieties.

(In Austria, they have travelling distillers who visit the Apricot growing areas every year just after harvest time, and make Apricot Schnapps for just about every householder who has a few apricot trees and wants some for himself or to sell - so there are dozens of brands available in Austria, some only locally.)

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If I ever get to Austria, I'm definitely going to sample the good ones available. I learn something new everyday. Thank you.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have your country gal's father make some for you.

If you are in Cave Creek AJ's may be able to get it.

Mark

Posts: 1223 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I will probably visit those places after the New Year. Usually buy there Jegermeister or Schnapps Edelweiss, but this time look for Abrikosovka Smiler

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
If I ever get to Austria, I'm definitely going to sample the good ones available. I learn something new everyday. Thank you.

You are very welcome Gato. And don't feel like the Lone Ranger, we ALL learn something every day if we open our minds to it.

At the site I mentioned to you, I see that on some of their hidden pages they have some choice old brandies from the 1800s and before, selling for $4,900, $5,050, $5,700, and over $7,000 PER BOTTLE!!

Kinda out of my class unless I ever win the Power Ball lotto for $300 or $400 million bucks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Did you find any Blume Marillen in Arizona or close?

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
Did you find any Blume Marillen in Arizona or close?

Yes Gato, but I accidentally lost the website that lists them before I could order any, and haven't been able to find it again. Apparently there are 10 or 15 liquor stores in the U. S. which stock it, but as I didn't get to e-mail any of them,I have no idea where, if anywhere, hey ship to.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ha!!! Thanks to more diligent "net" work, I contacted the Texas distributor for Blume Marillen and have actually found some in stock in Austin. She suggested that I could find some in Dallas, but called the stores and no luck. However, I will be in the Austin area next week, and if the creek don't rise, I'm going to have some Blume Marillen in the New Year.

Here is Haus Alpenz' (the US importer of BM) distributor page, call the Arizona distributor and ask for a liquor store(s) that stocks it..... distributor's list by states

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1284 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Good question
You can get it on every corner in Czech Republic
Good shit for sure, better then Slivovice

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, so far, the creek has risen. I drove well over a 100 miles out of my way to Austin. while fighting the damned Austin traffic in a Dodge Cummins the last 25 miles or so, to buy a few bottles of the fabled Blume Marilllen at Austin Wine Cellars. I arrived about 6:45 only to find the lady locking the door. Apparently Austin Wine Cellars is one of the few, if not the only wine/liquor store in Texas that closes at 6:30.......ARRRGH. But, I'm persistent, if not worse, and I WILL be back. Confused

xxxxxxxxxx