New
Find
Notify
Tools

John Wayne Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
I got an email tonight about the liberals wanting to change the name of John Wayne International Airport in L.A. because he was a "racist". What a crock of shit. I personally have no "white guilt" but these 'snowflakes' out there, as well as the media, are fanning the flames of anarchy. combine this to a pandemic + in an election year with the Dems already making gun confiscation noises (who is gonna do it?) this reads like right out of a James Bond novel. Actually, when you get right down to it, Geoge Soros would make a pretty good Blofeld.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We might as well take names off everything. No one was perfect. Everyone has regrets.

We're losing focus as a nation. People are dying and the economy is hurting. Names are way down the list of my concerns.

Posts: 13760 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
"I believe in white supremacy until the Blacks are educated to a point of responsibility. I don't believe in giving authority and positions of leadership and judgment to irresponsible people."

That comment made by Marion in a 1971 Playboy Magazine interview.

So let's review your "crock of shit" without going around your ass to scratch your elbow, shall we?

Decades into the civil rights movement, and just a couple short years after MLK jr. is assassinated, Marion makes a comment that is the VERY DEFINITION of racist.
In fact, he self identified as a white supremacist.

Frankly, I'm astonished that anyone would name anything after him after that, much less an Airport in 1979 California.

Posts: 2908 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I thought the controversy over John Wayne was silly. Now we can't say "master" bedroom. https://www.dallasnews.com/bus...a-thing-of-the-past/

Posts: 13760 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to piss on your cross burning, KKKensco...

Your childhood matinee idol, was a real life douche.

Own it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fan those flames Ty; its folks like you that keep this BS alive. I have received emails from liberal ex-friends that call me a racist simply because I am a white male. Now THAT is a racist statement right there. And FWIW, they defriended me, not the other way around. That's what this has come to. I'm sure that the powers that be who are interested in spreading anarchy + discourse in this country are happy as they're doing a good job.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No amusing anecdotes?

I'm so disappointed.

And let's be honest here Randy, it's not me you're trying to convince that John Wayne wasn't a racist.

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
As everyone urinates in the others "Post Toasties" they need to heed history on all levels and the intentions/ramifications of those creating the rift . . .

The Rules, by alinsky
1. "Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have."
2. "Never go outside the expertise of your people."
3. "Whenever possible go outside the expertise of the enemy."
4. "Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules."
5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon."
6. "A good tactic is one your people enjoy."
7. "A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag."
8. "Keep the pressure on."
9. "The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself."
10. "The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition."
11. "If you push a negative hard and deep enough it will break through into its counterside"
12. "The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative."
13. "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it."

And of course Orwell's quote from 49 . . . . as in 1949

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” — George Orwell from his book 1984

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4223 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No worries Ty, I've had enough experiences in this lifetime that when the occasion occurs I will bring some up.I'm sorry, you're disappointed as you could have read yourself to sleep. I don't intend to convince you of anything. Why bother? You hold the liberals last line of defense " My mind is made up, don't bother me with facts!"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who are you fooling?

This thread is all about I & me.

You mention John Wayne one (1) time.

Once.

Yourself, 11 times in 3 posts...

Carry on.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:

Now we can't say "master" bedroom.

Speaking for yourself I assume ?

I have & will continue to call the master bedroom the master bedroom & could give a shit who it pisses off or offends.

Posts: 1007 | Registered: 21 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's Wayne's Macho image that offends these people, not the wimpy Woos like successful modern actors. Big Grin
Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1577 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, Ty, I can only assume that you have taken on the role of an armchair with vigor if not totally knowledgeable psychiatrist + you are right my little friend in that this was my post + I mentioned myself when I was important to the story. John Wayne's name only needs to be said once + EVERYONE knows who we are talking about. But fortunately neither your name nor mine be upon the publics lips.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think one of the key tenants of honorable or being an American is how you treat individuals.

I know this focus on the individual makes the left want to burn stuff down, and why I am an Republican.

I see Duke Wayne’s comments as being anti-affirmative action which was a new social policy coming out of the LBJ years. Despite what the left wants to dictate in the form of universal thought affirmative action is still an issue for debate.

Liberals in there time respected Duke such as; President Carter, Lauren Becall, Kirk Douglas.

In conclusion, show me a person Duke Wayne mistreated.

Posts: 10606 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thomas "Ty" Beaham:
"I believe in white supremacy until the Blacks are educated to a point of responsibility. I don't believe in giving authority and positions of leadership and judgment to irresponsible people."

So let's review your "crock of shit" without going around your ass to scratch your elbow, shall we?

Decades into the civil rights movement, and just a couple short years after MLK jr. is assassinated, Marion makes a comment that is the VERY DEFINITION of racist.

Frankly, I'm astonished that anyone would name anything after him after that, much less an Airport in 1979 California.

Well, it wasn't nice or especially accurate to characterize blacks in general as irresponsible and lacking in judgement.
Too bad we have so many white citizens in office lacking in responsibility and judgement.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14331 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I apologize to all of you for participating in this thread.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16303 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Have you always had a problem of dealing with reality ? Respect is something that is earned. When people act like animals they should be treated accordingly.

Posts: 1007 | Registered: 21 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think some people have confusion separating history from current reality. Wayne said it yes. So, I dont care to dig him up. Many racist things were said by histories Democrats but it was history. Not current, apparently some folks runs out of meds. Funny.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like someone here that's perfect has a bad case of "Butt Hurt". Go back to walking on water, and let the less then perfect alone.

Posts: 143 | Location: mid-michigan | Registered: 04 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
True. History is what REALLY happened + the current hysterical destruction of property + statues is insane behavior. History is not pretty but it needs to be told truthfully + thus remembered. Well since I'm sure I've already pissed off someone, I recall the line in Huckleberry Finn when he's talking to Tom Sawyer. "I was down at the dock yesterday + a cable broke + a cotton bale dropped off the boom."Tom says, "Was anybody hurt?" Huck says, "No, killed a nigger though."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well said.

Posts: 143 | Location: mid-michigan | Registered: 04 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rio Bravo and The Searchers (very different, I know) are two of my favorites. I bought all the calves off of his old ranch in Arizona that the Hopi Indians bought from his estate for 2-3 years and I enjoyed learning a bit about the history and his involvement, seemed like a guy that wanted to do things right.
Was he racist? I don’t know, I haven’t asked him and I’d be surprised if I ever get to considering how dead he is.
His body of work and many of the things he did off the screen were superb though and I won’t take that away.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did you get to spend any time with Dr.Grandin while you were on the 26 Bar?

She's an incredibly interesting woman with a fascinating story.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did you get to spend any time with Dr.Grandin while you were on the 26 Bar?

She's an incredibly interesting woman with a fascinating story.

I have never met her formally though I have heard her speak. Many of my clients have corral systems following her designs though. I also thought that the movie about her with Claire Daines was pretty good.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Funny you should mention that movie.

In a 2008 interview with "Beef Magazine" just prior to the HBO release, Dr. Grandin told Joe Roybal :

"I have to remind myself not to get a big head," she says. "You know what happens. Just look at statues of famous people; they all have pigeon poop on them."

Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hatari !!!

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote