Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HEADS??? Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
probably gonna get kicked off Facist Book. i hope. on a cast bullet site there some panty wearing mommas boy was showing off his PINK 38 spl WCHB HEADS he had loaded. found out the rainbow boolit crowd is calling em HEADS. then some genius asked him " why are you loading them upside down". can't make this shit up! maybe with all the shortages these idiots will start playing with bows and arrows instead of guns. or maybe move to austin/portland/?? and start bitch slapping each other for fun.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
My hope is that their friends will find out they bought a gun, shame them into selling it at any cost and I can snap up a bargain without paper attached.
Not that the guvmit does not have everything on me including my DNA profile, but anything I can do legally outside of guvmit purview makes me happy!

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4223 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
at least they weren't trying to shoot elk at 800yds.

Posts: 4962 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
at least they weren't trying to shoot elk at 800yds.

Yet.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yea,stay tuned.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I still like the part wherein the act of looking cool, they hold them sideways ALA Hollywood. I love it! I feel so much safer around idiot (wanna-be) gangsters that don't know jack about weaponry.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
actually that doesn't bother me because sub 50 IQ idiots gonna do what they do. i'm seeing a lot of newbies on forums asking questions about casting their own "heads" since they can't buy em anymore. then when they barely get the hang of it, they are showing pics if their rainbow colored "heads" and how they did or would perform on game animals. they are convinced sizing/lubing is too slow and backward thinking. the casting crowds forum is mostly filled with paint colors, mixes, hardness of paint, ovens for baking it on etc. they are convinced a HP 240 gr. 44 mag "head" cast to 25 BHN and colored/coated in paint will blow a fist sized hole in a deer driven at 2500 fps. they know the terms, most do anyways, but don't bother to learn the concepts and real life applications. its all totally show n tell to them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And the beat goes on.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
they are convinced a HP 240 gr. 44 mag "head" cast to 25 BHN and colored/coated in paint will blow a fist sized hole in a deer driven at 2500 fps.

I can tell you a 44 240gr bullet driven at 2500fps well blow a good size hole in a deer.

Posts: 19317 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well, i was just using an example of their 'faster and harder' is better out of any handgun for any purpose. wasn't starting a poll on the subject.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
pdog, I'm sure it will but I load mine w/ a 250 G. Keith + 22 G. of 2400 + I get 1250 MV. I don't know what handgun you are implying to achieve 2500 MV. Perhaps I misunderstood your reply. (If true, I'd like to shoot one, at least once.)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
pdog, I'm sure it will but I load mine w/ a 250 G. Keith + 22 G. of 2400 + I get 1250 MV. I don't know what handgun you are implying to achieve 2500 MV. Perhaps I misunderstood your reply. (If true, I'd like to shoot one, at least once.)

you can have my turn too!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ditto that.
things get real unfun at about 1650 fps. for this guy.

the problem we got here is those new guys are buying lyman molds, and have no concept of making a lap, so they just powder coat them to get the right size.

Posts: 4962 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Have and always will call bullets = heads. Everyone locally calls bullets heads. I think it probably started to distinguish idiots that call cartridges "bullets"

Posts: 6361 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know. I had to explain the difference to the lady at the post office when I said I was mailing bullets.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richj:
Have and always will call bullets = heads. Everyone locally calls bullets heads. I think it probably started to distinguish idiots that call cartridges "bullets"

i guess so. i always called em slugs or pro jec tiles. have had to explain to the PO before that i was not having live tiny bombs shipped to me but were the round things that came out of the end of the bbl. never heard em called heads b4 last week.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know. I had to explain the difference to the lady at the post office when I said I was mailing bullets.

rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i didn't mind her ignorance nearly as much as the stink eye i was getting from her. i was ready to confess!