Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How's Your Trigger Finger? Login/Join 
one of us
posted
I'm curious how many people have this problem. (Probably an old-guy thing.) My left little finger started firing, and hasn't let up, particularly early in the morning. https://www.mayoclinic.org/dis...-causes/syc-20365100

Posts: 13771 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
My wife has had it, but not to a little finger, I think it's either the middle or ring finger on her right hand.

She had surgery after having a few cortizone shots that only helped temporarily.

The surgery went well, but even doing all of the therapy exercises, the recovery process has been slow. Her surgery was in September and it's still only marginally better than before surgery.

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I had it, and had to have an injection to cure it.

Not very pleasant at all.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66901 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had it.

Steroids are only successful in curing the problem maybe 50% of the time. It came back for me.

I had surgery in the right hand, and that hand is good. COVID caused nerve inflammation in the left hand, same finger affected as in the right. This time, I found the inflamed nerve and pressed on it several times a day. The nerve is inflamed like a ball, you can feel the bulge. Every time you pull that ball through the narrow passage of the bones, it just gets worse. I recommend flattening the ball with the fingers of the other hand as often as you can. It might help. I got better, and maybe it worked.