Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

fed ex suks Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
got a email that after 3 plus months my dillon 100 was shipped. fed ex tracking showed it to be delivered on thurs "before end of business day" which they said was 8pm and had to be signed by myself with a gov issued ID.
9pm and i get a email saying will be delivered friday, same time frame etc. i called customer told em i needed to know what time of day as i might not be here and gave em name of a neighbor and his phone #. that was fine.
get an email at 7:30 pm saying a delivery was attempted at 5:30 but no one was home. total BS. i called cust service again, got ahold of a supervisor and raised hell. told him i would be glad to supply security footage of NO fed ex driver here. said he'd check into it. yea right.
sat 11:00 am fed ex shows up, guy drops it off to my wife and leaves. i wasn't here.
sat afternoon i get a call from fed ex manager in san antonio apologizing, said yes driver lied etc etc
yes, they called and apologized. still assholes.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
A lot of that B.S. going on with Fed Ex, UPS, etc. They should fire the driver on the spot.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I've lost pkgs from both UPS + Fed-Ex since they both can't be bothered to come to the house so just leave things out at the road. We used to have a good UPS driver who went out of her way to do a good job. She told me that their policy was to wait until their employees were about 6 months from retirement + then give them such shit details to make them quit.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
we live about 100 yds off the road. we leave the electric gate open when expecting deliveries and they STILL just throw the stuff out the truck at the entrance and drive off. plus they all know the gate code that everyone around here has in case of emergency vehicles need to get in. the "secret" code is your favorite caliber. deputy told me he can go thru anyones gate trying 4-5 calibers

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nashcat
posted Hide Post
I’ve lived at this location for 12 years and have had hundreds of packages delivered by USPS and UPS. I’ve had a total of 4 delivered by FedEx and they screwed up all 4. One package, worth $2500, required a signature due to the value. It was just tossed on the deck. That drive got fired. I called and asked for proof of signature and the driver couldn’t come up with one.

Posts: 331 | Location: MiddleTennessee | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Around here, fedex ground drivers are independent contractors rather than fedex employees. Had one that routinely scanned as delivered and then might be delivered days later or when we complained to fedex. Had numerous orders ruined due to melted ice packs and too warm temp. He never did get fired. The express guys are employees and for us have always been good.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just dealt with DHL, my blood pressure is still recovering. Wink

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1577 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
We had a DHL drop box in our business complex. I used it once to priority mail a $5K check to one of my custom gun makers in Montana. After two weeks he still had not received it. I voided the check with the bank and contacted DHL about it. After three days of dealing with various individuals at DHL, they agreed to come out and check the DHL Box. They told me that they did not have any DHL drop box in their system for that address, and told me that they did not believe that it existed. I sent them pics of it and they agreed to come out and investigate. I was there when they showed up and and opened up the drop box. Lo and behold, there in a pile of undelivered DHL envelopes was my priority envelope. They asked me what I wanted them to do with it-deliver it or take it back. You all know the answer to that idiotic question. I have never used DHL since, and even encouraged one of my big clients in London to cancel working with them and to move to Fed Ex.