Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 60's Login/Join 
One of Us
posted

Posts: 2661 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NavyVet
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I have to share this with my mother. The 60's was her decade. I wasn't born until '72. But, its especially interesting that the creator of that is from Yakima, because my mom is too!

NRA life member, thanks to Steve. Smiler

Running on empty...

Posts: 250 | Location: God's Country | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was born in 63. I remember a lot of the late 60's. Started going to school in 68. Remember when Bobby Kennedy and MLK were murdered. Remember the Vietnam War on TV every night and when Woodstock went down. Remember when Buzz Aldrin walked on the moon.

A different era. We'll probably never see times like that again. For some things, that's good. But for some things, that's bad.

Posts: 2940 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice. | Registered: 26 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Born in 51

For my generation, if you remember the 60's, you weren't there dancing

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The opening song "Walk, Don't Run" was released by Johnny Smith in 1954.(Just FYI).

Posts: 861 | Registered: 17 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I remember dancing to the Wailers in about 1960 at the local community hall. Might have been 100 kids there.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SteveGl:
The opening song "Walk, Don't Run" was released by Johnny Smith in 1954.(Just FYI).

Back at ya there guy!

Best

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As to remembering the 60's

Oh well..............................

C'est la vie!

GWB

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Geedubya:
Born in 51

For my generation, if you remember the 60's, you weren't there dancing

GWB

Funnily enough, that's exactly what my old boss used to tell me! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Damn you guys, it was post free-love, pre-AIDS... Frowner

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote