THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Communicating w/a soldier in the sandbox

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Communicating w/a soldier in the sandbox Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Sold some bullets on another site to a fellow serving our country in Afghanastan. His wife stateside will be acting on his behalf in the deal.

Got to thinking (after a few back/forth e-mails with the Cpt.) that our sports, and the freedom to engage in them really do depend upon the global defense of freedom. This fellow, however remotely, is contributing to my ability to engage in a constitutionally protected way of life.

True, he is protecting our other "rights" as well (the 1st Amendment comes to mind), but we must be sure to exercise our rights in a responsible fashion.

It's a damn shame that journalists don't exercise their 1st amendment rights with the sense of responsibility that we exercise ours.

The Cpt. has my greatest respect (as do all those who currently, and have previously served) and needs to be reminded, in whatever form to which we have access, that his contribution as a citizen soldier are appreciated and his efforts will ultimately help to preserve our rights... but only if we continue to act responsibly (and think of how many responsibilities we have).

I have friends who have worked covert ops, infantry, artillery and even for Blackwater over there, but it wasn't until I connected with a "stranger" that I realized a universality (if you will) in commitment to our rights, our lifestyle, our freedoms and how few are truly willing to give all to preserve them.

Just some thoughts,

Mike

Si vis pacem... parabellum

Posts: 236 | Location: MI's beautiful UP | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote