Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Covid-19 results (Thank You, CHINA!) Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Well, the virus rears its ugly head again. My grandson, now an HS senior, has had his 2nd bout of the virus. He runs 8 miles a day + has several offers from colleges for a track scholarship, but guess what? After his Doctors visit this last week, they say his heart was affected + he must NOT do ANY serious activity; they say even one sit up could kill you. Kinda kills the idea of a sports scholarship, doesn't it? The kid is a straight A student, so I'm sure he can get in on an academic, but it still pisses me off. He lives + breathes track + field + any outdoor sports. Now he has to sit on the sidelines + cheer his friends on, but that is all he can do.
that has to be hard on anyone, but for a boy athlete at 17, it must be hell.

Posts: 4103 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Awful news.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is indeed, Ann he goes into the doctor again this week + we will see what they have found, hopefully better news. I do try to put that little beam of sunshine in that old adage, :when a door is closed, a window is opened". Time will tell.

Posts: 4103 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Very sad indeed.

I got it twice, and frankly cannot notice any difference to my life.

Once before the vaccine, and once after having had two!!??

Both times I lost my sense of taste, that was the worst part, otherwise I carried on as normal in my life.

Didn't even make me sick, just a bit like having a mild flue.

And while we are at the blame game, let us not forget Fauci and his organization financing that Chink lab to do experiments he could not do in the US!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
fuk china
fuk fauci
FJB
my neighbors wife continues to test positive but has no symptoms and not a spreader
i've always nothing good ever came out of mexico or africa. now added china to the list.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I have to say I am very concerned about all the chronic heart issues now facing our youth due to this. I do not think the heart recovers from myocarditis? It is permanent. I have seen tv pharmaceutical commercials making a normalization out of such a condition in children to promote and peddle their drugs. Sickening.

Last evening I was SURE I was coming down with the Rona. I had a stuffy nose all day and thought I might have a sore throat coming on before I went to bed. Woke up perfectly fine today so it was probably pollen allergy. I had been to a large crowded event on Saturday for a few hours and to the dr office the prior Friday so exposure potential was high.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Linda + I both went in on the 22nd + got the new booster shot (only been out 2 weeks). I had a headache + felt pretty lousy for a couple of days, but that also might have been from working in this heat + humidity. I can't do it as I once could. I will post results of what his results are when I know something.