THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Very sorry to hear this: BassPro buying Sportsman's

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Very sorry to hear this: BassPro buying Sportsman's Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
Cabelas used to be unique and now it is mostly just rebranded Bass Pro crap, smelling of NASCAR exhaust.
Now it seems it is Sportsmans Warehouse's turn.

https://www.retaildive.com/new...ns-warehouse/592628/

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16348 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post
I have a Sportsman’s Warehouse close to me. They have held primers for me when the others said forget it. I always support them. I’m sure the change won’t be good.

Posts: 1070 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That sux. BP and now cabelas are for me a waste of time. I used to go to cabelas every 3-4 weeks. Since BP bought them, maybe once every six months and I rarely buy anything. I suspect Sportsman’s Warehouse will follow the downward trend.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The nearest Sportsman's Warehouse to me is Las Cruces, New Mexico; 707 miles away.

I agree with the comments about Cabela's. I still check them out, but rarely buy anything. Their reloading material inventory is pretty weak.

The last item I was looking for was deer corn. Two "sales" people in the store had me checking here and there. The third person told me correctly; they were out.

I'm stunned by the incompetence of the floor walkers. It always seems like it's their first day on the job. My go-to in Cabela's is to ask a woman. The men don't seem to have a clue.

I haven't been to a Bass Pro in probably five years.

Posts: 13771 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I still have close to $1K in Cabelas points. I need to find something to buy before their policy changes.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Bass Pro buying Cabelas ruined it, lower quality of products and shit customer service.

Canadian Tire buying Sportsmans Warehouse cleaned it up and made it what it was in the 1990s.

Bass Pro purchasing Sportsman's will most likely have the same effect on the brand as they did on Cabelas.

Posts: 7767 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nutz. The one in Cedar City is one of my mandatory stops on the way to Wyoming. Hopefully the tail will wag the dog...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14361 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is terrible news.

I cannot stand going to Cabela's (I mean BP) to look at a gun. SW is so much
friendlier and easier to work with. It is certainly more personalized service.

Yeah, I guess I will look elsewhere to do business.......

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Next thing , they'll declare bankruptcy and there'll be nobody, it's called Venture Capitalism and inevitably results in business failure.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1585 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
That is terrible news! I have a Sportsman's Warehouse here in Las Vegas 5 minutes from my home in the northwest part of the valley. I love Sportsman's because they carry just what the real hunter and fisherman use and need, not the typical junk BS like Cabela's and Bass Pro. We have a Bass Pro here as well, but it's at the other end of the valley and I haven't been there for years, literally.