THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Midway U, no thanks for doing buisness with you!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Midway U, no thanks for doing buisness with you! Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Ordered a stock from them after getting an email for free shipping on anything over $49.00. Stock was 390, the lady told me the stock did not qualify for the free shipping. So I asked the total to get it delivered to my address. Total was $400.80 with everything to my door. After it arrived got another e-mail saying the grand total was 435.50. This was to be charged to my credit card. Called the customer service, 24 minute wait time.
Called back early the next morning. Being very agitated over this I tried to be pleasant, the guy took the shipping off but still had to pay the tax he said. I know there is sales tax but I feel like the lady should have told me that especially when clearly asked the total to deliver it to me.
Just not a good way of doing business IMO. Still warm under the collar over this ordeal.

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 580 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Piss poor customer service is the best way to destroy a company. To do it right look at Dillon.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess most sellers make a mistake. I buy from Midway quite often. So far they have done well.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2628 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
Taxing on-line or out of state sales is the new norm. Thank the Democrats for that.

I do agree however that when you placed your order, they should have included the sales tax and advised you os same.

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1957 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree that was a sneaky insert. I buy a lot of books + other sporting products online from out of state, but now that they have instated state taxation for nonstate sales it screws everyone but the government.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree for sure. JUST ALMOST sent it back but will most likely keep it.

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 580 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've bought a lot of stuff from Midway over the years. Recently I have encountered the out of stock problem. Other than that the only problem I ever had was buying a synthetic stock that was supposed to be for an M 98 but was for a 1903 A3. Well, it was + still is in the package from Houge. But that was the mfg. mistake, not Midway's. I still have it as I didn't notice it for a couple of years so I just put it back on the shelf.

One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
At some point successful companies get so big they lose touch with customers. That woman on the phone is prolly just doing her job. No interest or knowledge of what the company is about.

Posts: 3452 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just about everywhere that I have bought online recently says tax may be added to the order. I don't think they have updated software to automatically add the various rates and whether taxable or not for the different states. This is across the board, not just Midway and not just gun/ sporting goods sites.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1597 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Piss poor customer service is the best way to destroy a company. To do it right look at Dillon.

dillon ain't perfect either. i started doing doing business with em in 1980 i think. had several conversations with mike dillon about the primer pocket swager on my rl1000. he agreed it needed improvement. since then i have had numerous dillons, 3 or more 550, 650, 1050, etc. wouldn't progressive load on anything else.
since my left thumb went to hell after the operation i ordered the new 1100 in 45 acp w/the bullet feeder. took 3 diff sales people plus a supervisor to get the card through. they kept on using my old address. 2nd guy said i wasn't even on their computer. supervisor figured it out pronto. told em to deliver it after feb 15 when we would be in the new house. was told there was 3 in stock and i would get delivery quick. called back was told is a 6 week delay due to waiting on parts. when i asked about the one that was to be shipped to me i got silence. never got an answer. called supervisor directly and same thing. maybe 6 weeks. lost a few bucks in the market when the chinese flu hit so called em and left 3 diff messages to cancel the order. finally texted em and a few days later got a reply. mike would be kicking some ass about now over there. decided to stick with my 550s and when the thumb locks up to continue the next day.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear that John. Both the thumb + your current experience with Dillon. So far I have had excellent customer service from them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Years ago shipping was included in Midway orders. Then old grinning shit eating possum Larry Potterfield the CEO of Midway decided they would add shipping on. All well and good. His business, his decision. But then the chickenskat decided he would not honor backorders with shipping included and they would be charged shipping. The item was on backorder was not the customers fault. I think this was in the 90's and I've not ordered from them since--for that reason. Before I was a steady customer.

Posts: 3797 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I must say that one of my pet peeves was about the NRA round up. Don't get me wrong. I was + am all in support of that program. However, I feel a little stiffed when Larry is taking credit for all the money that WE donated.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got caught here in Wa. State with sales tax. Either I paid it or the people I bought from would have to. It wasn't there fault so I paid it. Wa. misses nothing. They turn over rocks looking for tax. They are now trying to enforce a milage tax. We have the 3rd highest gas tax in the nation and now they are going to tax every mile you drive.

Posts: 513 | Location: NE Washington | Registered: 27 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its a shame really because we need supply houses that carry the products that we want to buy for our (hobby/ way of life, etc.) Not doomsaying as there are still some outfits out there that sell outdoors products that are not strictly geared to hikers/ bikers, joggers, etc. It has however gone down in a major way since the late 60s. And we never thought that would happen.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good point bent frame. Not too long ago we only had to pay state sales tax for products in the state. But no the greedy bastards started seeing money futures on out of state sales. I buy A LOT of books online + now have to pay state sales tax to my state from another state. Heres the REAL bitch! If you don't like it call your representative. REALLY!!!, Who, by God, there is no one to complain to + good luck if you tried. It would be like asking the fox politely to leave the hen house.