New
Find
Notify
Tools

Between uber and tesla Login/Join 
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I still don't know how Tesla produced 1-2 mil vechicles a year. But the car they make is very good.

I don't either because they are not even close by an order of 10......

First quarter 2017 report.......

quote:
The company said it delivered more than 25,000 cars and sport utility vehicles in the first quarter (of 2017), a rise of about 69 percent from the same period a year ago. The increase from the fourth quarter was smaller, however. In the final quarter of 2016, Tesla delivered 22,252 cars and S.U.V.s.

The first-quarter total is a preliminary figure that could change when the company reports its first-quarter earnings next month. Tesla also said it produced a record 25,418 vehicles in the quarter, up from 15,510 a year ago, although again the rise was much smaller when compared with the fourth quarter, when it built 24,882 cars.

The company currently offers the Model S luxury sedan and the Model X S.U.V., both of which can sell for $90,000 or more once options are included. In July, it plans to begin production of the Model 3 — a compact car the company hopes to sell for $35,000 and produce in significantly higher volume.

Mr. Musk has said that with the Model 3 in the mix, the company is aiming to push annual production to 500,000 cars in 2018. At that rate, Tesla would need to average production of more than 40,000 cars a month, more than it now produces in a quarter.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting stuff from goldman sachs

http://www.goldmansachs.com/ou...nnovation/cars-2025/

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Went to the Tesla showroom - they had a model of a Tesla battery pack and motors.

A Tesla has 1/3 the parts of a regular auto.

This is a lot closer to a smart phone/electronics device than a traditional automobile.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I looked at those photos for a long time. How do you keep the bugs out of your teeth riding on that thing?

Posts: 13760 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
I looked at those photos for a long time. How do you keep the bugs out of your teeth riding on that thing?

You put a nice sleek body with a massive flat screen display and have a drag of .24 and the bugs just fly off Big Grin

Mike