THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    More "where can I find" for you eagle eyes on AR

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More "where can I find" for you eagle eyes on AR Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted
Have been overcome with the urge to try a lot of exotic fruits now that I am physically unable to do much of anything. I guess it would help alleviate the boredom of being confined to basically 5 rooms inside our house.

So am looking for any sources of any of these fruits, canned, not fresh.

- Carambola
- Yumberries
- Chiraoya
- Guava
- Tamarillo (tree tomato)

You folks got any suggestions?

\TIA

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guava is commonly available, including on Amazon, but IMO you'll really have to want some guava at $13 for 28oz.

I think you can get canned yumberries from China (red bayberry).

Not sure about chirimoya, maybe canned somewhere, but a fine tasting fruit.

Can't find any references to canned carambola. You can buy fresh on Amazon.

Tamarillo is too acid to be canned, possibly might be available in jars.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You should be able to find Guava and Tamarillo in the Phoenix area. Mexican groceries would be your best bet. If they don't have any, they can point you the right way.

This would be my first target of opportunity; Los Altos Ranch Market. They have Guava paste and Tomatillos. They also have five stores in the Phoenix area.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com...g-for-gringos-35138/

Enjoy.

Posts: 13772 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lee Lee Supermarket (Chandler) can get you your star fruit / Carambola I suspect, and maybe your Tamarillo, Guava, Chira oya and Yumberry.

http://www.leeleesupermarket.com/

Other than that, I got nuthin'.

Posts: 13772 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
Lee Lee Supermarket (Chandler) can get you your star fruit / Carambola I suspect, and maybe your Tamarillo, Guava, Chira oya and Yumberry.

http://www.leeleesupermarket.com/

Other than that, I got nuthin'.

Fresh or canned? Fresh I can get many places...it is the canned versions I am after.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote