Tools

Pet Peeve thread Login/Join 
one of us
posted Hide Post
Attractive women with tattoo's.
What a damn shame!!!!!!!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm anti-tattoo myself. I think ever other male athlete feels like he needs a tattoo to appear manly. On a good-looking woman, it's a deal-breaker. I've never seen a tattoo that's made a woman look better looking. The latest was a super-intelligent, young, strawberry blonde working at Best Buy. Beautiful eyes, nice physique, pale complexion, great smile, with tattoos sticking out of each sleeve and the collar of her shirt, front and back. The tattoos were non-descript, including one chemical equation. None seemed to have any relationship to the next one. The best I could come up with was that she was used as a note pad by someone. They didn't make her interesting, they made her unattractive. I can see a whole lot of unhappy people in a few years when they wake-up and realize they used pretty poor judgment, and can't reverse what they've done.

I'm also tired of the beard craze in major league baseball. I expect any day for one of those guys to stick a turd in his right ear. I'm sure it will go viral and soon others will start wearing a turd in their right ear, and justify it as them expressing their own individuality and rights as an American.

Posts: 13773 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I also can't stand NBA and NFL anymore with the latest trend of dread locks and tattoo's.
I am glad my employer has a no tattoo, facial piercing and earring policy for it employee's.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those damned kids who won't get off my lawn!

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think facial tattoos are a good thing.
From a long way you can tell the person is crazy and not make the mistake of speaking to him.

Mark

Posts: 1229 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I have mixed feelings here. I DO NOT like to see young women tattooed .I also wear the credence that we wor on nam.I may not agree with yow but I will die to protect your right to say so. However s I live in Austin I have the opportunity to meet the actual people daily + on an individual basis

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry,got to typing too fast.One uuerstandes what I said

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SNAFU,but I'll make it work by God.R.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Got another one. Eminent Domain. Someone wants the use of your land, they just take it and throw you a few bucks, or at least they try.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news...ear-farmersville.ece

Usually you find that the people forcing this on a private citizen has a conflict of interest and is gaining financially by screwing his fellow citizen.

I would like to serve on the jury mentioned in the article.

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Some good ones guys! Some of mine:
Google/armchair experts on everything
Forum trolls
Overbearing opinionated gun experts
Excessively loud music to compensate for poor musicianship
Drivers on the Interstate who pass me then slow down
Low information hypocritical liberals
Yuppie tourists who come to our town, can't dance, get drunk, then take over the bars/dance floors
And yes, tattoos, especially on women

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
Those damned kids who won't get off my lawn!

LHook7,
Build a fence around your lawn or set up a temp electric fence.

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Some of my pet peeves are the clowns who claim to be singers, then screw up every song they sing. If you have a tape, disc or live replay of the Christmas special from Rockefeller Center, you can watch it and see exactly what I mean. They intentionally sing off-key and off pace (out of musical time), and even inappropriately repeat portions of the song being sung. And their song endings are often a high-pitched shriek.

I understand they are trying to establish their own recognizable "hook" or "label" to differentiate them from the crowd of singers out there.

But they must think that is necessary because their voice isn't good enough to be memorable by itself. None of the truly great singers of 30-40 years ago leaned on such crutches.

Artistic license is one thing, but confusing being weird with talent is something else.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Got another one.

Whenever anyone gets asked a question on a TV interview, the first thing they've been taught to say is, "that's a good question". It may not be, and probably isn't, but what's being taught is to not respond to a question too quickly; take a moment to consider the question, before sticking your foot in your mouth, by saying "that's a very good question". I heard it three times in the space of an hour this afternoon. It grates on my nerves.

For example: If you are in a beauty pageant and they ask you, "if God would grant you one wish, what would it be". Rather than saying "World peace". Your answer is, "that's a very good question .................. World peace".

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Miss blakc America is allowed but if we had a Miss White America we would be termed racisct.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys who list every damn gun that want us to think they own under their post. Are you bragging or complaining ?

" venator ferae bestiae et aquae vitae "

Posts: 593 | Location: Southern WV, USA | Registered: 03 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
I don't know what a peeve is. I don't have any pets but I am considering getting one. Maybe, I thought, one of these peeves would make a good pet. So, I went to this thread to see all the pictures and read all the praises of the peeves others have as pets. I'm still waiting. Won't anyone post a picture of their pet peeve so I can see how cuddly they are?

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another of my pet peeves that just surfaced in a classified ad I was reading is something to the effect...."For Sale.....etc., etc.....price....I can do Paypal gift or ....."

That's the kind of stuff college kids do, stealing from a legitimate service provider, to save a few bucks in fees. In fact, both sides of the transaction are liars and thieves.

One would think/hope that grown men, mostly successful, would not stoop so low, especially on AR, but t'ain't so. thumbdown

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grenadier:
I don't know what a peeve is. I don't have any pets but I am considering getting one. Maybe, I thought, one of these peeves would make a good pet. So, I went to this thread to see all the pictures and read all the praises of the peeves others have as pets. I'm still waiting. Won't anyone post a picture of their pet peeve so I can see how cuddly they are?

Was thinking the same thing. Pets usually require your attention (ie: care and feeding). No thanks!!

Best,

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was just informed by my college age nephew that hot branding is the new fad.
Hot branding is what they do to cattle!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
On $1000 plus dollar a day safaris or hunting trips - its always the hunter paying who loses the day even if the day was lost due to outfitter fault. Not have transport ect to get to camp.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like all the people on AR. Very well mannered generally. What drives me nuts is the youth these days! Ill mannered and lazy. I call them the X-Box Generation! They cant seem to stop fiddling with their phones and use a language on their phones that I do not understand. And they are BLOODY lazy this lot!!!

Posts: 885 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of xs headspace
posted Hide Post
Idiots walking, riding bikes while texting is #1.
#2 are those cancer cure commercials that have the fine print saying "Do not expect to achieve these results" WTF??? Why would I go there if I didn't expect to be cured???

Hippie redneck geezer

one of us
posted Hide Post
Using a quota in the name of "Diversity". Don't let everyone be white. Throw in three Blacks, one Asian, and two Hispanics; and if you have one gay and one physically handicapped, all the better. If you are a politician, use your mother-in-law's maiden name in your advertising if it happens to be a Hispanic name; just in case.

The most recent "Quota-ism" was the following complaint about the movie, Into The Woods, where all the fairy tale characters are white, even though in the original fairy tales all the characters WERE white.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/...ods-exodus/20693591/

Now, if they had included the children's story, Little Black Sambo, and he was played by a white guy, I WOULD complain.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Speaking of little black sambo;several years ago there was a pancake chain (like IHOP) called sambo's that had a tiger as their logo. Perhaps you remember them.Anyway NAACP got in the middle,filed suit,etc, turns out the owners name was Sam Botereski or some thing like that but basically was using his own hyphenated name.Charges were dropped but he still went out of business.Too bad,they had good pancakes.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I hate unsolicited phone calls.
You what I do? all I do is answer the phone after reading caller I.D. on my cellphone and respond, This is Billy Bob dildo repair service, how may I address your call?
If they hang up, I call them right back and tell them we have are having a 20% discount on used dildo and 10% off on battery operated version with free batteries!
They will take your phone number off their list!!!!!!

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Speaking of little black sambo;several years ago there was a pancake chain (like IHOP) called sambo's that had a tiger as their logo. Perhaps you remember them.Anyway NAACP got in the middle,filed suit,etc, turns out the owners name was Sam Botereski or some thing like that but basically was using his own hyphenated name.Charges were dropped but he still went out of business.Too bad,they had good pancakes.

Yeh, and not just pancakes...I used to eat at Sambo's a lot when I lived in Norman, OK.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
#1 People who say if their 'ol dog was here they would have shown us game. It seems the longer a dog has been dead the better they get in the eyes of some people.
#2 People who "Look at the bright side of things" who have never been adrift 90 miles offshore in an open boat with engine trouble.
#3 Ralls County MO people who are farmers with conservative values, pro-life, pro-gun, anti-welfare, anti-big government… and they all blindly vote party line vote Democrat!… WTF!!!

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1215 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Women who use the phrase, "whatever-whatever" in conversation to describe some situation, as in "yada, yada, yada". They bore me.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The USPS mail person who doesn't know that you raised the mailbox flag, meaning you put mail in the box for him/her to pickup; and has no clue that he/she is supposed to drop the flag when he/she picks up that mail. I think they are being taught that the mailbox flag is a rattlesnake and they must not touch it.

Meanwhile you may be waiting for the mail to be picked up, and it's been picked up hours ago. Or, you may "know" they don't move the flag, so you walk out to your mailbox, only to find your mail is still lying there.