Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pet Peeve thread Login/Join 
posted
One of my pet peeves is people don't participate in our discussion forums (except to ask for help with determining values) who post ad after ad in our Classifieds (bandwidth clog) but are too farking lazy to upload photos to a (free) hosting site.

No, we have to PM them with our e-mail addresses (bandwidth clog) so they can send photos (bandwidth clog).

Mad

What are some of your pet peeves?

George
P.S. The first guy whose pet peeve is 'pet peeve' threads is going to be put on Blair Worldwide's mailing list! Big Grin

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
In the Classifieds

Sellers who over price their items, then relist or "BTT" over and over.

People making rude comments in the classifeid forum. If you don't like the seller or the item move-on....

Ads that don't have any description in the title. I hate opening an add that says "Rifle FS" only find out that the seller has is selling something I would not take for free, much less buy.

On the rest of the forum

People who dislike each other and feel the need to follow each other around and post snide comments on each others threads.

Guys who think that their way is the only "right" way.

The "mob mentality" that causes threads to swing one direction with everyone piling on, and no one voicing alternate opinions for fear of upsetting the mob.

The racist stuff posted by idiots that makes us all look bad.

The pathological "exaggerators" who repeatedly boast of their exploits.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those who feel, Remmy, Winnie, Leupe, etc. tax their typing energy, yet can spell Mauser, Springfield and Lothar Walther. Just being a picky- butt.

Steph (en)

Posts: 538 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: 14 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I friggen hate poor spelling but even more than that I hate when someone says "I seen...." instead of "I saw....." Get with it folks it's "I have seen...." or "I did see......" or "I saw......." it's NOT "I seen....."

Sadly this seems most common in Western Canada and is almost enough to make be want to move. But I'm afraid I'll move to a place where they say something worse.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not to menton those who don't know the difference between your and you're.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Or "I am wanting to...".

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess it is tough to be perfect!
Bryan

Posts: 583 | Location: keene, ky | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted Hide Post
quote:
are too farking lazy to upload photos to a (free) hosting site.

tu2

Posts: 1493 | Location: Cincinnati  | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 7x57:
I guess it is tough to be perfect!
Bryan

+1

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
What are some of your pet peeves?

Trolls & keyboard commandos.

There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor polite, nor popular -- but one must ask, "Is it right?"

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WyoJoe,
I agree with you.
Bryan

Posts: 583 | Location: keene, ky | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NavyVet
posted Hide Post
Mean people.

NRA life member, thanks to Steve. Smiler

Running on empty...

Posts: 250 | Location: God's Country | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 7x57:
WyoJoe,
I agree with you.
Bryan

That is the reason I left the 24hourcampfire.

There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor polite, nor popular -- but one must ask, "Is it right?"

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by GeorgeS:

What are some of your pet peeves?"

George,I have 2 pet peeves.

1. People who mow grass with the clipping's blowing out onto the street towards traffic.

2. People who grab a pen out of the pen cup that discover it does not write SO......they put it back into the pen cup.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven't done any of that stuff and I STILL got a card from Blair. Thanks George!

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

George

One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Ill probably get set straight on this ....

But here we go, In the classifieds I see alot of (for example).
Its been to Africa

Its been to Zim

Its been to russia

Its been to Kenya

And so on and on, seriously what does that have to do with the quality of the goods whatever they are?

Before you get the Idea I cant afford to travel to distant countries (which I can)

If I was selling a rifle or binoculars or whatever I would not really include the history of it like I killed two Bulls in Idaho 3 antelope in Wyoming and and a moose in British Columbia.

So what gives on this?

Sorry but someone just had to ask about peeves sofa

Cal30

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Folks that thing a 243 is adequate because they think its the largest round that can be shot accurately. Or a 223 or a 22-250.......

As in is a 243 big enough to take a bear? How about a 223 for elk? Even with bonded bullets? 22 short for all my hog hunting needs?

Now I am PEEVED

Posts: 289 | Location: Western UP of Michigan  | Registered: 05 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
Posters here who miss the whole concept of "forum" and when they perceive the slightest disagreement with their diatribe of an opinion, keep a thread alive for months with their paranoia hanging out. (I know this isn't unique to this forum. 'Just a sad, definitely unhealthy use of the Internet.)

Thanks George, for letting us vent.

Oh, and let me have one more...Members here who are professional outfitters (says so in their signature line) that routinely attack other's posts, swiftly and directly. 'Like that's going to make a person want to book a hunt? Kinda counter productive - Do you want to be "right" and witty or do you want to book hunts and make money? They come off as fools compared to the majority of professional outfitters here who post with the utmost tact and courtesy.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of griz78
posted Hide Post
Speed limits. I wanna go fast!!! Big Grin

Posts: 357 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 27 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
People.

One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
Posters who link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety, with or without all headers and signatures, and add "me too" or "+1".

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 817 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dumbasses that try to be cool by saying "boolits".

And also, dumbasses that don't know a muzzle brake is spelt B-R-A-K-E, as in whoa. Not B-R-E-A-K, as in tear up.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wasbeeman:
Dumbasses that try to be cool by saying "boolits".

Well....in that context (cutesy or macho expressions) .....gotta include "huntin'" and "fishin'".

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
quote:
gotta include "huntin'" and "fishin'

Dont forget shootin....

Cal30

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
People in the city who own dogs that bark constantly and wont get the things to shut the f..k up ,id like to ban them ,or alternately belt them over the head with a baseball bat as hard as i can ! apart from self appointed knowalls trying to enlighten you on a subject they know nothing about ! women take the lead in this followed by men and over zealous religious nuts

Posts: 625 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Any time the word tactical is used. And a big +1 for using "boolits".

Posts: 1641 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You boy's need to chill out a little. A real problem is when your kid is sick and no one knows whats wrong, You have just been told that you have cancer, You have just lost your job and you have kids to feed, The car has 200,000 miles and the choice is food and clothes or car parts. Getting worked up about someone trying to fit in and miss spelling a word is B.S.! Ever wonder why people leave forums?

Posts: 143 | Location: mid-michigan | Registered: 04 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
I been wanting to commant on just this heahh subject for a while. Just cus I relode my boolits to shoot real good outta my Remmy donnt meen that I aint gunna partipate in da foorum. I two use moor bandwith than i shuldha but you gotta unerstan dat I hafta tipe on da leetel keybored wit my thums cuz all I got fur a puter is a weeny sell fone.

Sumtimes your just gonna havta like unertand that not everbuddy has the same amount of time two "upload" photos. In that caze a poor body might hasta ax his furom freends to emale him. So hwat if he puts a loda emales addresss on da surver?

I got all da banwith I need so I no it dont take any way from dose guys in ejipt or warever the home of acrate loding is.

So. Kwitcher grypping!

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LOL! GREAT thread!

I agree with those who hate analphabets.
I mean, really: if you own a Tikka rifle, have a goddamned look at the barrel before announcing you shoot a "Tika".

- Lars/Finland

A.k.a. Bwana One-Shot

Posts: 552 | Location: Finland | Registered: 07 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
been wanting to commant on just this heahh subject for a while. Just cus I relode my boolits to shoot real good outta my Remmy donnt meen that I aint gunna partipate in da foorum. I two use moor bandwith than i shuldha but you gotta unerstan dat I hafta tipe on da leetel keybored wit my thums cuz all I got fur a puter is a weeny sell fone.

Sumtimes your just gonna havta like unertand that not everbuddy has the same amount of time two "upload" photos. In that caze a poor body might hasta ax his furom freends to emale him. So hwat if he puts a loda emales addresss on da surver?

I got all da banwith I need so I no it dont take any way from dose guys in ejipt or warever the home of acrate loding is.

So. Kwitcher grypping!

yuck

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The word is "peeve" as in minor vexation. Not a major problem or a catastrophic illness or having kids you can't support. Just a little day to day irritation. You know, kinda like a newbie that comes in here and wants to take us to school by threatening to leave the forum. Big Grin

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NavyVet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grenadier:
I been wanting to commant on just this heahh subject for a while. Just cus I relode my boolits to shoot real good outta my Remmy donnt meen that I aint gunna partipate in da foorum. I two use moor bandwith than i shuldha but you gotta unerstan dat I hafta tipe on da leetel keybored wit my thums cuz all I got fur a puter is a weeny sell fone.

So. Kwitcher grypping!

Bwah-hahahaha!! That's the funniest thing I've read all day! Took me a second to figure out what "acrate loding" was. Lol!!

NRA life member, thanks to Steve. Smiler

Running on empty...

Posts: 250 | Location: God's Country | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tankhunter:
People in the city who own dogs that bark constantly and wont get the things to shut the f..k up ,id like to ban them ,or alternately belt them over the head with a baseball bat as hard as i can ! apart from self appointed knowalls trying to enlighten you on a subject they know nothing about ! women take the lead in this followed by men and over zealous religious nuts

I agree with you on the frigging dogs. It seems that it doesn't matter where I go someone has a frigging stupid dog that barks constantly. Doesn't matter if it's in the city or country unless its a a few miles away from anyone there always seems to be stupid dogs barking.
and you people that live in the city why do you have a stupid dog barking where the other people that live there have no choice but to hear the thing?

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
These product pimps/Tv hunters asking , "How far, whats the range", when they're getting ready to take a 150 yard shot with a Whizbang 309x71 Super Mag. I mean really does it matter if its 143 yds or 157?

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wasbeeman:
The word is "peeve" as in minor vexation. Not a major problem or a catastrophic illness or having kids you can't support. Just a little day to day irritation. You know, kinda like a newbie that comes in here and wants to take us to school by threatening to leave the forum. Big Grin

who's the newbie?

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boondocker
posted Hide Post
quote:
usta bee stillbeeman, before that Beemanbeme. Damn techies.
Kinda of ironic the spelling police critic's some one, when their own signature line starts with usta bee. Just saying u-no, kinda like stone thrower's living in glass houses. Oh and I shoot boolits, just my little tribute to the great folks over at cast boolits.

Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

“The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left.”

When the SHTF he with the most lead will retain the most gold!

Posts: 647 | Location: Pa | Registered: 05 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
democrats and Obama 2012 bumper stickers.. on Subarus and Priuses...

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boondocker:
quote:
usta bee stillbeeman, before that Beemanbeme. Damn techies.
Kinda of ironic the spelling police critic's some one, when their own signature line starts with usta bee. Just saying u-no, kinda like stone thrower's living in glass houses. Oh and I shoot boolits, just my little tribute to the great folks over at cast boolits.

Boolits isn't a display of poor spelling, it's a contrived display of ignorance. Or a pitiful attempt at being kewl.

Aim for the exit hole

One of Us
posted Hide Post
actually it's a quick distinction between storebought jaxketed bullets and home made not store bought "hard, tee hee" cast boolits.
if i say i shot some boolits and not bullets you know they are cast and not wrapped in copper.
the difference is big enough that the distinction is usable.
mainly because you might just want to know why i am shooting a 220 swift at 2900 fps and not 3800 fps and the word boolit would splain that.
unless you don't wanna know.
sometimes i do shoot jaxketed at lower velocities too.
and if i post up a target pic of my 30-30 at 2500+ fps you are gonna say what a moron pushing a 30-30 to those speeds.
when the boolit will do it but the jaxketed won't and you won't look at the word difference.

Posts: 4969 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote